Newbie here itching to learn

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
megaman chiquito

Newbie here itching to learn

Post by megaman chiquito »

I'm a young student of religious antrophology. I identify as catholic but recently I grew sad with some church teachings so i want to practice the truth.
Im here to learn about mantras,sutras and meditation,as well as possibly choose a school of Buddhism to dedicate study to.
I hope I can learn a lot and improve my life(lives? :tongue: )trough proper practice.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Newbie here itching to learn

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

Welcome! After more than three decades of Buddhism, I too am still a newbie itching to learn.

There are some very intelligent and well-informed posters here, and the archived posts are a treasure-trove of knowledge and wisdom.
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Welcome!
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Budai

Post by Budai »

Welcome my Dear Friend. If you focus on Love, morality, and Spirituality on the Buddhist Path you will find that the Dharma has all of these things and will not disappoint you in your study and pursuance in Buddhism. You will persevere as a Buddhist if you develop full Bodhicitta, the full determination for Buddhahood, and with that you will be able to change the world for the better Perfectly, saving others from the bounds of Samsara and yourself leaving the Saha world into the Stream of Mahaparinirvana, to be free from the shackles of conditioned existence and it's temporary phenomena! Om.
AppearanceVoid

Post by AppearanceVoid »

Jesus said something about the truth: And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. If you recognize truth, you'll be liberated: that's all of life but in Buddhism, recognizing truth or mind's nature (true nature) is Dzogchen. Other Tibetan schools deal with Tantra and devotion....

Zen is a lot of meditation, discipline, present moment now stuff. It to me is peace.

Nichiren Buddhism: For me, I don't chant the Daimoku (Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and maybe some sutra recitation), I practice the Lotus Sutra, which is about this great teaching that says that the Buddha's are expedient and timely in their deliverence.

Pure Land Buddhism: Buddha Amida (who is Buddha Amitabha and Buddha Amitayus together) is worshipped by a lot i think in Japan. It centers around going to a pure land, which would be like heaven, after you die.

I adore Buddhism; it can change your life if you keep at it. Dakini!!

Return to “Introductions”