Hi from Wales :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
girlalonewithherself

Hi from Wales :)

Post by girlalonewithherself »

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to Buddhism, but I'm interested in learning more about it - especially how to apply Buddhist teachings to the modern world.

I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to talk through these teachings with you all :)
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Wales :)

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:meditate:
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Welcome! hi:
ཨོཾ ་ མ ་ ཎི ་ པ ་ དྨེ ་ ཧཱུྃ ། འ ་ ཨ ་ ཧ ་ ཤ ་ ས ་ མ །
Om Mani Peme Hum ། 'A Ah Ha Sha Sa Ma
'When alone, watch your mind,When with others, watch your speech' - Old Kadampa saying
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Welcome.

Do you have a favorite type of Buddhism yet? There are a few Kagyu (Tibetan style) Dharma Centers in Wales you might like to visit. There may be other styles of Buddhism too, but when I was in Wales last year I only stayed at Kagyu Centers.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
girlalonewithherself

Post by girlalonewithherself »

smcj wrote:Welcome.

Do you have a favorite type of Buddhism yet? There are a few Kagyu (Tibetan style) Dharma Centers in Wales you might like to visit. There may be other styles of Buddhism too, but when I was in Wales last year I only stayed at Kagyu Centers.
To be honest, I'm still quite ignorant about the different types of Buddhism and the differences between them. Did you find the Kagyu Centers a worthwhile experience?
Schrödinger’s Yidam

girlalonewithherself wrote:
smcj wrote:Welcome.

To be honest, I'm still quite ignorant about the different types of Buddhism and the differences between them. Did you find the Kagyu Centers a worthwhile experience?
Well, yes. But I've been a Kagyu student for 40 years, so it is not as if I am objective about it.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
philji

Post by philji »

Hi also from Wales( Bridgend) there are a few groups now established in South Wales that may be worth you visiting and as far as I am aware not so many in the north. Enjoy your time here.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Welcome, girlalonewithherself :D
Schrödinger’s Yidam

philji wrote:Hi also from Wales( Bridgend) there are a few groups now established in South Wales that may be worth you visiting and as far as I am aware not so many in the north. Enjoy your time here.
In the north there's "Awakened Heart Sangha" near Criccieth and also Riksin Shinzo (a western lam that teaches Dzogchen) is even further north. The AHS is headed by a 70 year old western woman named Shenpen Hookam who is a translator and lama.
philji

Post by philji »

:twothumbsup:
Last edited by philji on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philji

Post by philji »

Yes I was thinking also if Shenphen Hook ham's sangha..who also do great online meditation sessions..not aware of any other groups although I am sure there must be some.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Rikzin Shikpo is Shenpen Hookam's husband. His place isn't too far from her I'm told but he isn't easy to reach. It isn't that he is intentionally illusive, but rather he just isn't good at answering phones or returning messages. So some persistence is needed to contact him. Her people are more together about that type of thing.

R.S. is authorized to teach Dzogchen by Khenpo Tsultrim Rinpoche, who is a Kagyu master.

Return to “Introductions”