New here

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
1SingleArray

New here

Post by 1SingleArray »

Hi, I'm new here. I was really happy to see some discussions on the prajnaparamita sutras here. I've loved these sutras for many years but I have never met anyone with even a slight interest in them..so for me it's exciting just to see other people that know they exist much less people that are actually interested in them.

I'm general I have stepped up my practice a lot lately, working cutting out more remaining negative habits and struggling to focus as much as possible. I have found it extremely rewarding but it's always been quite a challenge as I work in a busy and occasionally violent and confrontational workplace. Other than this my only distractions are things like media, as I have no immediate family and few friends whom I keep at a distance. After 20+ years of wanting to do to so, I'm at the point where my affinity for prajnaparamita is so great that I would like to dedicate as much of my life to it as possible. I'm hoping this group will be a great place to talk about translation particularities and other topics related to the prajnaparamita sutras.

My username comes from a section in one of the short prajnaparamita sutras (I believe the POW in 700 lines) which refers about to a powerful concentration on non-production. Although I am currently focused on the diamond sutra, I'm particularly fond of this concentration and hope to return to it at some point.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro and thanks for being here.

1SingleArray
Shotenzenjin

Re: New here

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

:hi:
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-Amida-Butsu. -- Ippen

Reciting the Nembutsu and believing in birth in the Pure Land naturally give rise to the Three Minds and the Four Modes of Practice. -- Master Hōnen
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Brahma

Post by Brahma »

Manjushri

Post by Manjushri »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

Welcome! Given your interest in the Prajnaparamita literature, perhaps you'd appreciate this example of the 大般若波羅蜜多経 in 600 fascicles from Japan.
t520508914.jpg
t520508914.jpg (15.11 KiB) Viewed 161 times
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Welcome!
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Introductions”