YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Greetings from Bangkok! - Dhamma Wheel

Greetings from Bangkok!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
mintini

Greetings from Bangkok!

Postby mintini » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 am

Hi There All Buddhist Practicing Fellows,
I'm a Thai judge from Bangkok. I'll be a monk next month. All I can share with you all is, if you lucky enough to understand Thai, to suggest you to listen to Ajan Pramote at http://www.wimutti.net and http://www.fungdham.com/sound/pramote.html
Ajan Pramote is a very decisive monk who teaches people and his apprentices to read or observe their own body and mind at present with neutrality (Do observe your body and mind without using your imagination, but with real consciousness every second of your life.) Then, your "self" will be quick enough to understand everything happening in your "self." After that, you will be skillful enough to attain "Intelligence." This so-called intelligence will tell you about the ultimate truth of nature. Eventually, you all will discover the tri-appearance noble of nature, i.e., instability, undurability, and uncontrollability. That all things happen for a reason (causation). That all existing things will remain or age. That all things will in the end die. When you attain enlightenment, you will be able to let go of your body and mind. Your body and mind will no longer be attached to you. Sufferings can harm your body and mind, but it can't harm you. You'll be eternally free from all secular attachments. I hope I explained it correctly. If not, I hope you understand even a glimpse of this.
Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English.
Judge Mint

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Bangkok!

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:35 am

Greetings Judge Mint,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel and best wishes for your ordination plans.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

mintini

Postby mintini » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:46 am

Thank you, Retro. This forum rocks! Too bad I just discovered this board whereas I'll be ordained very soon and depart from this secular world. In any event, I wish you all ultimately discover the true meaning of life for which you all have been seeking.
Do Practice Well,
Judge Mint
P.S. Practicing is not only about meditation, but also using your "observer" to observe your "observed" every second of your life.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 am

Greetings Judge Mint,

Hopefully your ordination needn't preclude your participation. We have some ordained members here who are valued participants in the forum!

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Rui Sousa

Postby Rui Sousa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:41 am

Greetings Judge Mint,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel :hello:

Best wishes for your ordination.
With Metta

mintini

Postby mintini » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 am

This is where I'm currently meditating as a monk!

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:29 am

Greetings,

Congratulations on your ordination - I hope it yields great fruit.

:anjali:

Metta,

bodom

Postby bodom » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 am

Welcome mintini! Best wishes to you!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

With mindfulness immersed in the body
well established, restrained
with regard to the six media of contact,
always centered, the monk
can know Unbinding for himself.

- Ud 3.5

https://www.dhammatalks.org/index.html
http://www.ajahnchah.org/

turquoiseJack

Postby turquoiseJack » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Welcome!

gavesako

Postby gavesako » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:41 pm

How cold is it at night on the mountains in Petchabun? It looks very nice up there, maybe good for tudong in the future...

Is Ajahn Amnat Obhaso teaching the monks regularly?
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

- Theravada texts
- Translations and history of Pali texts
- Sutta translations

Kumara

Postby Kumara » Mon May 19, 2014 11:07 am

I'm not just a monk. I'm a human being. — Sayadaw U Jotika

Return to “Introductions”