Herbs for remembering dreams

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Jesse

Herbs for remembering dreams

Post by Jesse »

Has anyone successfully used herbs for remembering dreams / lucid dreaming ?

I have tried a few times to remember my dreams, but it just seems like it's impossible.. It's like they are completely forgotten the moment I wake up. I have read that you might also have lucid dreams and not remember them, does anyone know if there's truth to this?

I have purchased a couple items, and wonder if anyone has used them / something similar.

Dreaming Blend
The main ingredients are organically crafted Calea Zacatechich, Motherwort ,Wild Lettuce, Mexican Tarragon, California Poppy.
http://shamansgarden.com/c-25-dreaming- ... ducts=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am also curious about the legitimacy of this product below, I have searched the internet and found no other references to a similar product.

"Three Lotus" Paste
This is made from a secret blend of ingredients, in addition to the three types of Blue Lotus
http://shamansgarden.com/p-17-three-lot ... blend.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks. :smile:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Wesley1982

Re: Herbs for remembering dreams

Post by Wesley1982 »

I've never tried that. Have smoked strong marijuana and sometimes have vivid dreams etc . .
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

:rolling:

Thank you wesley. :smile:
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Ghost:

Vitamin B6 is supposed to help:

http://b6dreams.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing you can do is this: Have a dream journal and writing utensil next to the bed. Before going to sleep, hold your journal and say "I will remember my dreams when I wake up." Then, when you wake up, before you even open your eyes, recall your intention to remember. One thing I've heard is that once your eyes open, the brain is so overwhelmed by visual stimulus that it is less likely to recall dreams. So keep your eyes closed and remember your intention. If you remember a dream, then start to write it in your journal. If you don't remember, just write down a few lines about how you feel. The point is to give yourself the message that it is your intention to remember. Don't put pressure on yourself to remember, but do this practice to set a clear intention.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

I have noticed that dreams were often extremely vivid when I was using melatonin.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Thanks for the advice, I tried the notebook thing last night with limited success. I do remember waking up a few times and knowing I should write down my dreams, but I was too foggy headed and sleepy to make myself do it, so I woke up again much later not remembering them again. Ohwell. :)

I will give the B vitamins/melatonin a go, perhaps something less powerful will be more beneficial in the end. Thanks again.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

One of the things to try is to take a couple of nodding naps (but lying down) - as you drop off to sleep transform the objects of consciousness into Buddhist images sort of in a state between waking and sleep. This takes some practice usually. But the whole first step on the practice is to remind yourself that actually waking awareness is also just sleep, so we can't take waking experience all that seriously ultimately.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

ghost01 wrote:Thanks for the advice, I tried the notebook thing last night with limited success. I do remember waking up a few times and knowing I should write down my dreams, but I was too foggy headed and sleepy to make myself do it, so I woke up again much later not remembering them again. Ohwell. :)
That's great that you've had some success. Another option is to keep a voice recorder/ipod w recorder by your bed. Then you can just turn it on and mumble about your dreams, keeping your eyes closed to prevent visual stimuli from interfering.

btw, this happens to me too. . . it takes discipline. Then you get the added benefit of practicing one of the 6 paramitas!
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

I would have to speak with someone who has experience with these medicinal plants and herbs. I'm not sure how to prepare and consume the products and have other questions etc

Return to “Alternative Health”