All human actions

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

All human actions

Postby Wesley1982 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 am

All the human actions ~ breathing,sleeping,eating,drinking,bathing,using the toilet,talking,exercising,making love -everything- that humans do can be summed up as actions that contribute to Dharma.

Is this correct?
Wesley1982

Re: All human actions

Postby Will » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 am

Wesley1982 wrote:All the human actions ~ breathing,sleeping,eating,drinking,bathing,using the toilet,talking,exercising,making love -everything- that humans do can be summed up as actions that contribute to Dharma.

Is this correct?

If the motivation or attitude is selfless & beneficent - yes; if not, then no. See chapter 11 of the Avatamsaka Sutra for examples of good motivation applied to ordinary actions.

http://www.cttbusa.org/avatamsaka/avatamsaka11.asp
Revealing one essence: this means the inherently pure, complete, luminous essence, which is pure of its own nature. -- Fa-tsang
Will

Postby Wesley1982 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:16 am

If I do my actions with right attitude and right mind I can create positive karma. Is this correct in Buddhist thought?

What if its just human nature.
Wesley1982

Postby Will » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 am

Wesley1982 wrote:If I do my actions with right attitude and right mind I can create positive karma. Is this correct in Buddhist thought?

Correct.
Revealing one essence: this means the inherently pure, complete, luminous essence, which is pure of its own nature. -- Fa-tsang
Will

Return to Personal Experience