All human actions

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

All human actions

Postby Wesley1982 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 am

All the human actions ~ breathing,sleeping,eating,drinking,bathing,using the toilet,talking,exercising,making love -everything- that humans do can be summed up as actions that contribute to Dharma.

Is this correct?
Wesley1982

Re: All human actions

Postby Will » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 am

Wesley1982 wrote:All the human actions ~ breathing,sleeping,eating,drinking,bathing,using the toilet,talking,exercising,making love -everything- that humans do can be summed up as actions that contribute to Dharma.

Is this correct?

If the motivation or attitude is selfless & beneficent - yes; if not, then no. See chapter 11 of the Avatamsaka Sutra for examples of good motivation applied to ordinary actions.

http://www.cttbusa.org/avatamsaka/avatamsaka11.asp
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Wesley1982 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:16 am

If I do my actions with right attitude and right mind I can create positive karma. Is this correct in Buddhist thought?

What if its just human nature.
Wesley1982

Postby Will » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 am

Wesley1982 wrote:If I do my actions with right attitude and right mind I can create positive karma. Is this correct in Buddhist thought?

Correct.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Return to Personal Experience