Amitabha Buddha

Rakz

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Post by Rakz »

Namdrol wrote:
Yes, those instructions are provided for Dzogchen practitioners of the most average caliber so that they can acheive full awakening by taking rebirth in each of the pure nirmanakāya buddhafields for a period of one hundred years each, and attain full awakening within five hundred years, never returning to samsara. This result is attained by doing rushan, actually.
N
Why is it not possible to reach full awakening in only one Buddhafield?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nighthawk wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Yes, those instructions are provided for Dzogchen practitioners of the most average caliber so that they can acheive full awakening by taking rebirth in each of the pure nirmanakāya buddhafields for a period of one hundred years each, and attain full awakening within five hundred years, never returning to samsara. This result is attained by doing rushan, actually.
N
Why is it not possible to reach full awakening in only one Buddhafield?

Each of the five pure nirmanakāya buddhafields corresponds to and is an external expression of one of the five wisdoms. For example, Sukhavati is an expression of purified desire i.e. the individually-discriminating wisdom.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Namdrol wrote:
Each of the five pure nirmanakāya buddhafields corresponds to and is an external expression of one of the five wisdoms. For example, Sukhavati is an expression of purified desire i.e. the individually-discriminating wisdom.
Are there any other types of practices suited for practitioners of low capacity that result in full Buddhahood in lesser time?
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Years are in human understanding. It is really in one life time which means it will be your last rebirth.
It’s eye blinking.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nighthawk wrote:Are there any other types of practices suited for practitioners of low capacity that result in full Buddhahood in lesser time?
You are under the impression that time is a factor in the Pure Lands? In Dewachen even the word "suffering" does not exist so of what relevance is time there?
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

You two are absolutely correct. The Pure Land is a whole new dimension of existence completely unrelated to samsara. It seems like my deluded ignorant monkey mind will never truly understand the Pure Land until I get there.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

How would the Pure Land of Heruka and Vajrayogini fit into the pattern ?

In this HYT system, 'Buddhahood' is attained through Inner Dakini Land and the Union of No More Learning, the union of the ultimate illusory body and ulitmate meaning of clear light. Would this equate to a Dzogchen practise with transmissions that does not require Amitabha or a need to learn in each Pure Land as described hitherto?
Left
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Blue Garuda wrote:How would the Pure Land of Heruka and Vajrayogini fit into the pattern ?

In this HYT system, 'Buddhahood' is attained through Inner Dakini Land and the Union of No More Learning, the union of the ultimate illusory body and ulitmate meaning of clear light. Would this equate to a Dzogchen practise with transmissions that does not require Amitabha or a need to learn in each Pure Land as described hitherto?
No, not at all. Isn't this very difficult to do though? Why is Dzogchen considered to be a teaching for all capacities?
heart

Post by heart »

Nighthawk wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:How would the Pure Land of Heruka and Vajrayogini fit into the pattern ?

No, not at all. Isn't this very difficult to do though? Why is Dzogchen considered to be a teaching for all capacities?
It is a teaching for all capacities only in a very general sense. What we normally refer to as Dzogchen are only for those of the greatest capacity. It is all in the Yeshe Lama.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Thanks for the clarification. That's the way I've always seen it. An elite club for the high capacity.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Nighthawk wrote:Thanks for the clarification. That's the way I've always seen it. An elite club for the high capacity.
I would rather view Dzogchen as a teaching and approach that is eminently useful and beneficial for those able to make use of it. And one's capacity is not necessarily set in stone. There is the possibility of increasing one's capacity if one is both interested and dedicated enough.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nighthawk wrote:Thanks for the clarification. That's the way I've always seen it. An elite club for the high capacity.
Isn't it great to be (allowed) in the company of such high capacity folk!? :tongue:

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Namdrol clarifies the idea of capacity here:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 072#p38072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Capacity depends on personal interest and diligence -- nothing more.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
muni

Post by muni »

Mr. G wrote:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 072#p38072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Diligent, how?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Well there goes that theory! :rolling:

Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Don't be mean Greg! Image
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

muni wrote:
Mr. G wrote:

Diligent, how?
I imagine common sense would say that diligence refers to actually taking the time to practice in a qualitative manner.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Mr. G wrote:
muni wrote:
Diligent, how?
I imagine common sense would say that diligence refers to actually taking the time to practice in a qualitative manner.
not to be lazy ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mr. G wrote:

Diligence means you concretely apply what you were interested to learn.
NIRMAL2

Post by NIRMAL2 »

Diligence, the path to Enlightenment.No 'off-days' in practice.

Return to “Dzogchen”