Long Yang - The White Path of Buddhism

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Long Yang - The White Path of Buddhism

Postby tamdrin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Nangwa wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:
Nangwa wrote:Better safe than sorry is what my mama always used to say.
Kick 'em in the cajones first ask questions later? VERY Buddhist!

I know, right?
Investigate and scrutinize for 12 whole years before committing is tantamount to a swift kick in the beanbag.
Extremely un-Buddhist. :toilet:

Some teachers you can see enough not to even bother wasting your time checking them for 12 years..
tamdrin

Postby conebeckham » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Some teachers you can see enough not to even bother wasting your time checking them for 12 years..

True, dat. :twothumbsup:
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Josef » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:24 am

tamdrin wrote:

well played. :smile:
Josef

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 am

I agree, but I doubt that anybody here has gone to see Tulku Khyungdor Rinpoche before burying him! Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty?
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Mr. G » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:05 pm

...his enthronement his recognition certificate was confirmed (sealed and signed) by H.H. Minling Trichen Rinpoche and H.H. Penor Rinpoche, the former head Lamas of the Buddhist Nyingma lineage.

Can someone provide a copy of the signed letter confirming this?
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Dhondrub » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Actually who gives a ****? Nobody here considers studying with that Lama. So there is no reason to speculate. Generally its not so buddhist to talk bad about people especially if these people are considered teachers by some. I know its fun to slander, but it talks more about yourself than about the object of your gossip. Sorry guys.

best

tashi

edit: I am not aiming at anyone here specifically, so no offense.
Dhondrub

Postby Mr. G » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Dhondrub wrote:Actually who gives a ****? Nobody here considers studying with that Lama

But we don't know that no one considers studying with him. I'm sure most don't, but newbies may.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Pero » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:Wait a second people, on what grounds are y'all putting the guy six feet under?

practice lineages of Himalayan Buddhism (often called Tibetan Buddhism).

The essence of his training triggered the most ancient form of the White Lineage, which comes from the time where all Tantras originate.

Purity, the spirit of unity, universal, material and existential - this is the original view of nature according to the White Path.

Beyond separatism no matter which colour of skin or race, we all are part of nature.
Humanity is an integral part of the natural order of existence.
Separation is a modern idea, forgotten the spirit of the foundation.
Where we come from, where we go. The source is the place to return for us all.

Purity, the spirit of unity, universal, material and existential - this is the original view of nature according to the White Path.

Long Yang - the White Path of Buddhism

By means of skilful training methods Akasha Yoga aims to reconnect with mother nature.

Etc. etc.

And what in the world is "the affirmative"?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Pero wrote:And what in the world is "the affirmative"?
Cool hairdo, nice earrings, snazy robes and impressive title? :shrug:
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Adamantine » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am

The essence of his training triggered the most ancient form of the White Lineage, which comes from the time where all Tantras originate. It goes back to a time where there was not much difference between nowadays Hindu Tantra and Buddhist Tantra. It is a profound path of truth, the path of the Vidyadharas, the immortal wisdom holders, and the path of the Rishis, the seers and speakers of truth only. Thus, Tulku Khyungdor Rinpoche is a representative of the White Tradition.

I'd say this is worthy of raising eyebrows.. Just because it's too convenient
of a setup to a whole mishmash of different views, techniques,
and even made-up practices that stray far from authentic lineage.

But I'd certainly be interested to see if the letters
claimed from Mindrolling Rinpoche and Penor Rinpoche are authentic ,
I'm guessing representatives of theirs could tell us this.
If the letters are valid then I'd still keep an open mind, albeit
very cautious. Also, on the Akasha yoga site he
says Khyentse Yangsi recognizes him, so that should
be easy to check.
This Yoga system is part of the heritage of Tulku Khyungdor Rinpoche, who according to Yangsi Khyentse Rinpoche, is the last holder of the lineage of Dorje Lingpa (which is the lineage of Vairocana).
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Global Moderator

Postby Tssrt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:33 am

This man is a known fraud. Nobody in Mindrolling knows about him, a friend of mine asked the attendend of this Mindrolling Rinpoche, who said he would know everyone who ever got recognized by Mindrolling Rinpoche, he said he had never heard of him. He gives thre huighe masters who have recognized him, all are dead and nobody close to them knows this man. This is very suspicious. I have met this man and I personally can say that I think there is no danger that anyone could take him serious.

I dont want to slander any specific Rinpoche and this comment is not directed to anyone specific, but Bhutan is known for the best place to buy recognition letters. 4000$-5000$, these days maybe even less. Even if this man has one, it does not mean anything.

Hope I could clarify things!,
Tssrt
Tssrt

Postby Kunga » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 am

One thing is true: he does live here in Boudhanath, where he is affectionately nicknamed by some as 'Lord Voldemort'.

No lama I have spoken to here believes him to be anything other than someone on the make and, going by my own observations of his staring at lady friends in coffee shops, someone who is hungry like the wolf, as it is said. There are lots of weird and fake lamas/tulkus walking around Boudhanath - this guy seems to fit in nicely with this chic.
Kunga

Postby Kunga » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 am

"He received a traditional training according to the Kagyu and Nyingma schools of Tantric Buddhism, receiving all the necessary transmissions, and deepened his knowledge through intensive studies and many years of meditation according to the practice lineages of Himalayan Buddhism (often called Tibetan Buddhism)."

Also, he did begin a 3 year retreat at Samye Ling, Scotland but had to leave because all the lamas there were bad and the people there were supposedly 'out to get him', as so often happens in retreats...
Kunga

Postby Blue Garuda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 am

Kunga wrote:"He received a traditional training according to the Kagyu and Nyingma schools of Tantric Buddhism, receiving all the necessary transmissions, and deepened his knowledge through intensive studies and many years of meditation according to the practice lineages of Himalayan Buddhism (often called Tibetan Buddhism)."

Also, he did begin a 3 year retreat at Samye Ling, Scotland but had to leave because all the lamas there were bad and the people there were supposedly 'out to get him', as so often happens in retreats...

Hmm. Samye Ling - dangerous place. Maybe he was threatened by the bagpipes or a wild haggis, or made to eat a deep fried chocolate bar as tsog.

''all the necessary transmissions'' - necessary for what ? And 'all' those 'necessary' may mean none at all.

I also note that he seems to be alone at his events.

After all, nothing is actually legally required to use any of the religious titles in Buddhism, nor to wear a particular form of dress.

maitri

His Eminent Excellency and Holiness Tulku Yeshe Rinpoche, 8th Lineageholder and Abbot of the Blue Garuda Monastery. ;)
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby rai » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Tssrt wrote:I dont want to slander any specific Rinpoche and this comment is not directed to anyone specific, but Bhutan is known for the best place to buy recognition letters. 4000$-5000$, these days maybe even less. Even if this man has one, it does not mean anything.

it would be more profitable to pay this money to Namdrol for a few words of appreciation on dharmawheel :jumping:
Disdaining the lower and unable to grasp the higher,
talking of emptiness, such a person will neglect cause and effect,
mouthing on about the view while in a state of self-deception.
It would be better to concentrate on the gradual path.

"Creation and Completion" Jamgon Kongtrul
rai

Postby Kunga » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Blue Garuda wrote:
Kunga wrote:"He received a traditional training according to the Kagyu and Nyingma schools of Tantric Buddhism, receiving all the necessary transmissions, and deepened his knowledge through intensive studies and many years of meditation according to the practice lineages of Himalayan Buddhism (often called Tibetan Buddhism)."

Hmm. Samye Ling - dangerous place. Maybe he was threatened by the bagpipes or a wild haggis, or made to eat a deep fried chocolate bar as tsog.

''all the necessary transmissions'' - necessary for what ? And 'all' those 'necessary' may mean none at all.

I also note that he seems to be alone at his events.

After all, nothing is actually legally required to use any of the religious titles in Buddhism, nor to wear a particular form of dress.

maitri

His Eminent Excellency and Holiness Tulku Yeshe Rinpoche, 8th Lineageholder and Abbot of the Blue Garuda Monastery. ;)

Thank you, Your Eminence - maybe you could also recognise me if I made a donation to your monastery? ;-)

For a guy who's supposedly received such extensive, traditional training the only services he appears to offer are yoga, crystal therapy and quasi-Hindu rituals... You don't need to have a nose to smell the BS.
Kunga

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Blue Garuda wrote:His Eminent Excellency and Holiness Tulku Yeshe Rinpoche, 8th Lineageholder and Abbot of the Blue Garuda Monastery. ;)
Oi!!! You stole my title you utter b*****d! Prepare to go to court! :jedi:
nangwa wrote:Investigate and scrutinize for 12 whole years before committing is tantamount to a swift kick in the beanbag.
Sure is, but you are less likely to be slapped with assault charges and a private law suit for compensation.
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Blue Garuda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Is there a moral dilemma here?

I think exposing someone who may harm the path of others is a virtuous act.

But is it non-virtuous to expose someone's Guru and perhaps derail their path?

A Guru may be wasting people's time, or at the other extreme teaching them harmful practices. Where do we draw the line?

Well, I think that if a Guru is only wasting someone's time then that should still be exposed - a precious human life is rare, so we must ask the questions and give some guidance, surely?
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby conebeckham » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I was thinking of changing my name to Long Wang, and opening my own school of Buddhism....White Path, indeed?

But even the name would be fraudulent, you know? So......

:o
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Blue Garuda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

conebeckham wrote:I was thinking of changing my name to Long Wang, and opening my own school of Buddhism....White Path, indeed?

But even the name would be fraudulent, you know? So......

:o

I have conveniently forgotten which forum it was on, but when I posted about the Ngagpa 'White Sangha' I was heavily attacked for promoting racism! LOL :)
Left
Blue Garuda

PreviousNext

Return to Tibetan Buddhism