Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

heart

Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

Post by heart »

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012 ... t2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Arnoud

Re: Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

Post by Arnoud »

Can someone elaborate on the Tantra please? What is it about? Why would it be good to receive? Etc. etc.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:Can someone elaborate on the Tantra please? What is it about? Why would it be good to receive? Etc. etc.

It is the root tantra and empowerment of Anuyoga.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:Can someone elaborate on the Tantra please? What is it about? Why would it be good to receive? Etc. etc.

Thanks N-la, so this would be good to receive? I was hoping he would give the Gongpa Zangthal but this sounds very nice as well. Does it have Rigpa'i Tsal Wang?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Thanks N-la, so this would be good to receive? I was hoping he would give the Gongpa Zangthal but this sounds very nice as well. Does it have Rigpa'i Tsal Wang?

This is one of the three critical empowerments one can receive. The other two are the Guhyagarbha empowerment and the Khandro Nyinthig empowerment.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote: This is one of the three critical empowerments one can receive. The other two are the Guhyagarbha empowerment and the Khandro Nyinthig empowerment.
Thanks N-la, as usual! Hope Rinpoche will be able to make it to Poland then. And me too of course.

BTW, which Khandro Nyingthig empowerment do you mean? I thought there are many in the KN. Still want to receive the Nyingthig Yabzhi.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote: This is one of the three critical empowerments one can receive. The other two are the Guhyagarbha empowerment and the Khandro Nyinthig empowerment.
Thanks N-la, as usual! Hope Rinpoche will be able to make it to Poland then. And me too of course.

BTW, which Khandro Nyingthig empowerment do you mean? I thought there are many in the KN. Still want to receive the Nyingthig Yabzhi.

There is only one empowerment for Khandro Nyinthig.
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Rinpoche gave the dzogchen cycle of initiations four or three years ago in Darnkow, Poland, but as I talked with some person it was not the full cycle. Another Rinpoche from Bhutan http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/wp-cont ... /awers.jpg gave the full cycle of initiations of Khando Nyinthig in 2009 during 2 weeks. In France it was one year ago. Rigpa'i Tsal Wang take place during one of the next retreats according to this cycle, called retreat of thogal, polish info http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/categor ... _dzogczen/ You should wait for the next time. They are giving them every few years.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote: It is the root tantra and empowerment of Anuyoga.

This is one of the three critical empowerments one can receive. The other two are the Guhyagarbha empowerment and the Khandro Nyinthig empowerment.
Why do you consider these three to be critical?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche already gave the Gonpa Zangtal in Poland a few years ago, and in America.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Mariusz wrote: Rinpoche gave the dzogchen cycle of initiations four or three years ago in Darnkow, Poland, but as I talked with some person it was not the full cycle. Another Rinpoche from Bhutan http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/wp-cont ... /awers.jpg gave the full cycle of initiations of Khando Nyinthig in 2009 during 2 weeks.
Says Kunzang Gongdu, not Khandro Nyingthig. In any case, I wish there was some mailing list for these events in Europe or something.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Why do you consider these three to be critical?
Please see section 2.8.6 of Precious Vase.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

heart wrote:
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche already gave the Gonpa Zangtal in Poland a few years ago, and in America.

/magnus
Yes, I know. He will give the Gongpa Zangthal again in May in India. Unfortunately I just come back from there and can't apply for a new visa. Anyway, this sounds great as well.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Mariusz wrote: Rinpoche gave the dzogchen cycle of initiations four or three years ago in Darnkow, Poland, but as I talked with some person it was not the full cycle. Another Rinpoche from Bhutan http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/wp-cont ... /awers.jpg gave the full cycle of initiations of Khando Nyinthig in 2009 during 2 weeks. In France it was one year ago. Rigpa'i Tsal Wang take place during one of the next retreats according to this cycle, called retreat of thogal, polish info http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/categor ... _dzogczen/ You should wait for the next time. They are giving them every few years.
Thanks Mariusz. Kungzang Gongdu sounds nice as wel. Too many nice teachings out there. :-)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Yes I'm aware of this (it's 2.8.5 and funnily I opened the PV exactly on this page right now haha). However, I never really understood this. Here it almost sounds as if you can't practice anything unless you receive these but that shouldn't be the case since otherwise all those teachings we've received so far would be pointless. So could you shed some light on this?

I see that the Shitro Khorde Rangdrol from Changchub Dorje is also noted as one of those that one should receive if the others aren't an option. Rinpoche is giving it again this year in Merigar...
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Yes I'm aware of this (it's 2.8.5 and funnily I opened the PV exactly on this page right now haha). However, I never really understood this. Here it almost sounds as if you can't practice anything unless you receive these but that shouldn't be the case since otherwise all those teachings we've received so far would be pointless. So could you shed some light on this?

I see that the Shitro Khorde Rangdrol from Changchub Dorje is also noted as one of those that one should receive if the others aren't an option. Rinpoche is giving it again this year in Merigar...

In my edition, (1999, 2001) it is 2.8.6.

I suspect that these initiations are the ones that render one suitable to continue in Santi Mahasangha.
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

Pero wrote:
Mariusz wrote: Rinpoche gave the dzogchen cycle of initiations four or three years ago in Darnkow, Poland, but as I talked with some person it was not the full cycle. Another Rinpoche from Bhutan http://yeshekhorlo.mahajana.net/wp-cont ... /awers.jpg gave the full cycle of initiations of Khando Nyinthig in 2009 during 2 weeks.
Says Kunzang Gongdu, not Khandro Nyingthig. In any case, I wish there was some mailing list for these events in Europe or something.
Künzang Gongpa Kündü, "The Totality of Samantabhadra Enlightened Intentions", is bhutanese complete terma of Khandro Nyinthig, and it also cantains other teachings like Anuyoga tsalung and tummo. Pema Lingpa was the one of the 5 main tertons and also the one who was the incarnation of Longchenpa up to Princess Pemasel. If you look in bio of HH Dudjom Rinpoche it was one of His main transmissions He gave, also to Bhutan.

I will inform you next time, sorry :namaste:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mariusz wrote:
Pero wrote:
Kunzang Gongdu Kundu, "The Totality of Samantabhadra Enlightened Intentions" is bhutanese complete terma of Khandro Nyinthig, and it also cantains other teachings like Anuyoga tsalung and tummo. Pema Linga was the one of the 5 main tertons and also the one who was the incarnation of Longchenpa up to Princess Pemasel. If you look in bio of HH Dudjom Rinpoche it was one of His main transmissions He gave, also to Bhutan.

I will inform you next time, sorry :namaste:
No, the Kunzang Gondu is a completely different cycle. Yes, of course it is related to Khandro Nyinthig, since it, like the Khandro Nyinthig is rooted in the klong gsal nyi ma bar ma rgyud.

But specifically the Khandro Khandro Nyinthig is the terma of Tulku Tsultrim Dorje. The Khandro Yantig is the supplement to this by Longchenpa. Since Peme Lingpa is considered the tulku of Longchenpa, for this reason the Kunzang Gongdu is considered to be a further supplement to teh Khandro Nyinthig -- but it is not the Khandro Nyinthig which is only two volumes long and between the Khandro Nyinthig and Yanthig, there is only one empowerment composed by Longchenpa based on teh root texts of the Khandro Nyinthig.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote: No, the Kunzang Gondu is a completely different cycle. Yes, of course it is related to Khandro Nyinthig, since it, like the Khandro Nyinthig is rooted in the klong gsal nyi ma bar ma rgyud.

But specifically the Khandro Khandro Nyinthig is the terma of Tulku Tsultrim Dorje. The Khandro Yantig is the supplement to this by Longchenpa. Since Peme Lingpa is considered the tulku of Longchenpa, for this reason the Kunzang Gongdu is considered to be a further supplement to teh Khandro Nyinthig -- but it is not the Khandro Nyinthig which is only two volumes long and between the Khandro Nyinthig and Yanthig, there is only one empowerment composed by Longchenpa based on teh root texts of the Khandro Nyinthig.
Are you working on a translation of the Khandro Nyingthig? Seems like a good project.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:In my edition, (1999, 2001) it is 2.8.6.

I suspect that these initiations are the ones that render one suitable to continue in Santi Mahasangha.
Ah, that seems possible.

Mariusz wrote: I will inform you next time, sorry
Haha there is nothing at all to apologize for, I just thought it'd be nice if these events were more widely advertised. This forum certainly helps. :smile:

edit: BTW Mariusz, do you know how the Kunzang Gongdu empowerment that Gangteng Rinpoche will give in France this year is related to those he gave in Poland?
- Shabkar

Return to “Nyingma”