Prayers mainly for my father, but a little for me!

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Prayers mainly for my father, but a little for me!

Postby DeepFriedFunk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:43 am

Hey all,

I came down with food poisoning 2 days ago. Reaaaaally unwell! I have chanted the short medicine Buddha a few times (as in 108) but I have a feeling there are bigger things to worry about. I am looking after myself to the best of my ability! Keeping myself hydrated and nibbling Pringles slowly. I have stomach problems which are going to town on me at the minute, feels like its on fire!

Anyways, the main aim of my prayers, both at home at during medicine puja ceremonies are for my father. He is getting older and reaching retirement (he's 61) but he is starting to doubt himself. He hates growing old and is getting very angry. He can't do as much around the house in terms of DIY so i help him out. He loves to make 1:43 scale diecast models but as he has gotten older he keeps making mistakes, just an example of his fustrations. I feel that he's worried he failed as a Dad because of the problems I had earlier in life.

It breaks my heart to see him so depressed. He is an angry man, right wing and I suppose looking for someone to blame. But underneath he's the best father anyone could ask for. He has given up everything for his family. Works long and tough jobs and gave me (despite my past) some very good morals. When i went through a tough few years that really affected me and the family he was so patient.. I couldn't have got to this point without him. I pray daily that he finds peace in himself but I know he probably wont.

I just hope and pray he doesn't become bitter and unhappy. This is a good man with some slightly messed up views. I suppose like myself he always expects more, expects he could've done better. Bhava Tanha (i think i spelt it right.) He expects too much of himself. He has developed IBS from stress, has high blood pressure and: like i said earlier is growing bitter and angry. I am worried one day he'll have a heart attack. He never directs his anger at anyone but himself.

Much Love,

Joshua.
DeepFriedFunk

Re: Prayers mainly for my father, but a little for me!

Postby kirtu » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Joshua - may you and your father be well, happy and peaceful. May each moment be peaceful and joyful. May you both be blessed with insight and wisdom. May the blessings of all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas constantly rain down on you and your father. Especially may all the blessings of the Medicine Buddha and all the Taras rain down ceaselessly, transform the circumstances that you and your father experience and fill your lives with happiness and health.

THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
OM AH RA PA TSA NA DHI
OM MUNI MUNI MAHAMUNI SHAKYAMUNAYE SOHA
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:53 pm

May you be well

maitri to you and your father
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Qian Zheng Yi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Praying for both of you.
Qian Zheng Yi

Return to Prayers and Aspirations