Mint, Apostle to the Buddhists

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Mint, Apostle to the Buddhists

Postby mint » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 am

Nangwa wrote:But, then again, I think the only reason you ever started investigating Buddhism was so you could try to get Buddhists to become Christians.

It cannot be proven that I have ever attempted to convert Buddhists to Christianity because I have never done so.
mint

Re: Mint, Apostle to the Buddhists

Postby Mr. G » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:07 am

I've never thought mint was trying to convert Buddhists. Personally, I've always thought that mint is struggling with Buddhism due to their deeply ingrained background in Christianity. Because of that, mint seems to be trying quite hard to equate the contemplative experience of Buddhists to the contemplative experience of Christians. And at times it seems he even tries to equate Buddhist philosophical religious tenets to Christian philosophical religious tenets.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Dechen Norbu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 am

Same impression here. I'm still your friend, mint, not mattering what you decide to do. Keep that in mind. I just don't recommend going down that road. It doesn't seem to bring good results.
Dechen Norbu

Postby plwk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 am

The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision. Maimonides

In my conscience I believe the baggage loves me, for she never speaks well of me herself, nor suffers any body else to rail at me.
William Congreve
plwk

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 am

Dechen Norbu wrote:Same impression here. I'm still your friend, mint, not mattering what you decide to do. Keep that in mind. I just don't recommend going down that road. It doesn't seem to bring good results.

+ 1
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby Stewart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah fair enough mint, but the last thread you started, that got locked, was designed to piss people off and belittle Dharma practice.

The issue here is your frustration that you never got what you wanted out of your 'extensive' couple of months of trying to practice and/or moaning about it on self indulgent threads with your name is the subject.

I can see where Nangwa is coming from though, you are all over the place, I don't trust your motives, sorry but I don't.

Good luck with whatever it is your doing,
s.
Stewart

Postby mint » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

:group:
mint

Return to Personal Experience