Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I have quit Buddhism
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 am 

It wasn't really working for me, tbh. This has been coming a while, and I am not bitter or anything just a tad disappointed over so many years for nothing. I've decided to follow the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) instead which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat. I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

I'll stop by now and then and let you know when my latest satsang have been posted on youtube and such.

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

Post subject: Re: I have quit Buddhism
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 am 

Anders Honore wrote:
which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat.

Also some buddhists traditions have no "rules or morality shoved down your throat", you did'nt encounter them ... so I hope you will found happiness with Baghvan's no rules or morality ...

Sönam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 am 

I wish you well. Have you heard about this? Or that he was deported from the US in 1985 after pleading guilty to immigration fraud? And the other allegations made against him and his followers including arson, drug trafficking, child abuse, attempted murder, etc.? These are just a few things I hope you are aware of. I'm not saying that the group you have decided to join has been involved in any of this. It's just best to always do a lot of research before getting involved with anything - and that of course includes any Buddhist tradition or organization. Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 am 
Global Moderator

Anders Honore wrote:
It wasn't really working for me, tbh. This has been coming a while, and I am not bitter or anything just a tad disappointed over so many years for nothing. I've decided to follow the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) instead which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat. I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

I'll stop by now and then and let you know when my latest satsang have been posted on youtube and such.

Probably for the best. There is so much nonsense in Buddhism about rules, morals and so on, all tied up with the obviously authoritarian notions of reincarnation and karma.

IMHO YouTube is rapidly becoming the no.1 place to go to for spiritual teachings, especially all the so called 'secret' teachings like tummo, dzogchen etc. It's definitely the future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am 

Sometimes we need to forget the 'isms', the controversies and examine what Buddha actually taught - free from some of the additions made by self-interest groups and hierarchies.

I visited Osho's ashram in Pune some years ago, an amazing place, but was not drawn to it. There is a 'morality' espoused by all teachers in the form of expectations and the fulfilment of their own desires.

Good luck. :)

(I hope this isn't an April Fool thread.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am 

Anders Honore wrote:

Good luck with your chosen path!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 am 

Aww, I don't have the nerve to keep this up when people are writing sincere good intended replies here.

Check the date, guys. Image Image

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 am 

Anders Honore wrote:
Aww, I don't have the nerve to keep this up when people are writing sincere good intended replies here.

well done! :rolling:

Sönam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 am 

Hahahaha! I feel like a jerk now, but I still wish you well! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am 

Anders Honore wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm 

HA! :applause:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 pm 

I can't believe people fell for that, I figured it out instantly when you mentioned Osho.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:50 pm 
Former staff member

Ooooh that was well done.... had me going. Just the right mix of bitterness and disillusionment. :rolling:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:06 pm 

lol osho. good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm 

AlexanderS wrote:
I can't believe people fell for that, I figured it out instantly when you mentioned Osho.

I had some heavy doubt, but as I did'nt figure out we were the 1st of April ... I was respectfull

Sönam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:19 pm 
Former staff member

What? Is today Oshos birthday or something?
I'm soooo confused???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Anders Honore wrote:
I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

:rolling:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 pm 

rajneesh told much better jokes than the buddha.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm 

When I left Christianity for Buddhism, my sis went like 'So wats next? Islam?'
Then a Catholic lady told me that I will burn in hell...another god sis I knew since childhood slammed the phone on my face when I refuse to go to her church meet...

Just wanna let you know... never stop believing in yourself and potential... and yes, I am waiting for the satsang...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:48 pm 

Anders Honore wrote:

Thank Buddha! What a horrid joke to play on we trusting, but now pissed, comrades. :evil:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next