I have quit Buddhism

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?
Anders

I have quit Buddhism

Postby Anders » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:09 am

It wasn't really working for me, tbh. This has been coming a while, and I am not bitter or anything just a tad disappointed over so many years for nothing. I've decided to follow the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) instead which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat. I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

I'll stop by now and then and let you know when my latest satsang have been posted on youtube and such.
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

Sönam

Re: I have quit Buddhism

Postby Sönam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 am

Anders Honore wrote: which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat.

Also some buddhists traditions have no "rules or morality shoved down your throat", you did'nt encounter them ... so I hope you will found happiness with Baghvan's no rules or morality ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

bodhipunk

Postby bodhipunk » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 am

I wish you well. Have you heard about this? Or that he was deported from the US in 1985 after pleading guilty to immigration fraud? And the other allegations made against him and his followers including arson, drug trafficking, child abuse, attempted murder, etc.? These are just a few things I hope you are aware of. I'm not saying that the group you have decided to join has been involved in any of this. It's just best to always do a lot of research before getting involved with anything - and that of course includes any Buddhist tradition or organization. Best of luck to you!

Paul
Global Moderator

Postby Paul » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 am

Anders Honore wrote:It wasn't really working for me, tbh. This has been coming a while, and I am not bitter or anything just a tad disappointed over so many years for nothing. I've decided to follow the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) instead which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat. I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

I'll stop by now and then and let you know when my latest satsang have been posted on youtube and such.

Probably for the best. There is so much nonsense in Buddhism about rules, morals and so on, all tied up with the obviously authoritarian notions of reincarnation and karma.

IMHO YouTube is rapidly becoming the no.1 place to go to for spiritual teachings, especially all the so called 'secret' teachings like tummo, dzogchen etc. It's definitely the future.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal

Blue Garuda

Postby Blue Garuda » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 am

Sometimes we need to forget the 'isms', the controversies and examine what Buddha actually taught - free from some of the additions made by self-interest groups and hierarchies.

I visited Osho's ashram in Pune some years ago, an amazing place, but was not drawn to it. There is a 'morality' espoused by all teachers in the form of expectations and the fulfilment of their own desires.

Good luck. :)

(I hope this isn't an April Fool thread.)
Left

Kilaya.

Postby Kilaya. » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 am

Anders Honore wrote:It wasn't really working for me, tbh. This has been coming a while, and I am not bitter or anything just a tad disappointed over so many years for nothing. I've decided to follow the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) instead which suits me a lot better as he has no rules or 'morality' shoved down your throat. I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

Good luck with your chosen path!

Anders

Postby Anders » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

Aww, I don't have the nerve to keep this up when people are writing sincere good intended replies here.

Check the date, guys. Image Image
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

Sönam

Postby Sönam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 am

Anders Honore wrote:Aww, I don't have the nerve to keep this up when people are writing sincere good intended replies here.

well done! :rolling:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

bodhipunk

Postby bodhipunk » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 am

Hahahaha! I feel like a jerk now, but I still wish you well! :lol:

Mr. G

Postby Mr. G » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:36 am

Anders Honore wrote:Aww, I don't have the nerve to keep this up when people are writing sincere good intended replies here.

:lol:
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

TenzinDorje

Postby TenzinDorje » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 am

HA! :applause:

AlexanderS

Postby AlexanderS » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 pm

I can't believe people fell for that, I figured it out instantly when you mentioned Osho.

catmoon
Former staff member

Postby catmoon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Ooooh that was well done.... had me going. Just the right mix of bitterness and disillusionment. :rolling:
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.

Tenso

Postby Tenso » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:06 pm

lol osho. good stuff.

Sönam

Postby Sönam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:10 pm

AlexanderS wrote:I can't believe people fell for that, I figured it out instantly when you mentioned Osho.

I had some heavy doubt, but as I did'nt figure out we were the 1st of April ... I was respectfull

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -

Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:19 pm

What? Is today Oshos birthday or something?
I'm soooo confused???
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Jikan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Anders Honore wrote: I was talking to a teacher in the lineage and told him of an experience I had about 10 years ago. He told me that based on that I was probably qualified to be a teacher in that tradition, which will be neat. Always wanted to make a career out of that.

:rolling:
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

gad rgyangs

Postby gad rgyangs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

rajneesh told much better jokes than the buddha.
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

plwk

Postby plwk » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:46 pm

When I left Christianity for Buddhism, my sis went like 'So wats next? Islam?'
Then a Catholic lady told me that I will burn in hell...another god sis I knew since childhood slammed the phone on my face when I refuse to go to her church meet...

Just wanna let you know... never stop believing in yourself and potential... and yes, I am waiting for the satsang...

Will

Postby Will » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank Buddha! What a horrid joke to play on we trusting, but now pissed, comrades. :evil:
Only consider helping others and forget yourself. Master Hsuan Hua

Return to “Personal Experience”