buddhahood

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Iforgotthem

Re: buddhahood

Post by Iforgotthem »

Ok, im happy now. Im set.

Just before I came to this forum, I was starting to look for all or as many of the teachings of the lord buddha. I looked up list of sutras but didn't come up with much. Do you know where I can find them.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Iforgotthem wrote:Ok, im happy now. Im set.

Just before I came to this forum, I was starting to look for all or as many of the teachings of the lord buddha. I looked up list of sutras but didn't come up with much. Do you know where I can find them.
They are sprinkled all over the place. Did you look here? http://www.fodian.net/world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They have a good selection. For non-Mahayana scriptures go to Access to Insight for many suttas.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

thank you. Ill start with these.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

I don't think ill need anything else. thanks.
muni

Post by muni »

Iforgotthem wrote:Im not saying that Im seeking to avoid budddhahood. Im saying I dont understand it. But then again, im still a common mortal, im not suppose to understand it. Nichiren Daishonin said something to the effect of , when one person looks at the title of the lotus sutra they see the book and the letters on the title. Another person may look at the title of the lotus sutra and see the golden Buddha's. I stand back and ask "What happens if they see only one golden buddha on the title of the lotus sutra. Maybe this stuff that Im going through with the subject of enlightenment may be the three poisons. But it is irreverent because I have a relationship with the lotus sutra and Ill become enlightened. I think its the lite switch type mentality that has brought all of this on. This thread has caused me to look at the lite switch mentality as the culprid.
I like to say that we people are making things very complicated in general, or we focus so much on definitions in order to understand and this is not helping us exactly. We just collect ideas which bring no genuine peace. In case you look once to the webside i posted, roll down till the talk starts. It is a very vast teaching, brought with humour.
Then Buddhism is practice.

Many many good luck.
muni

Post by muni »

Maitreya:

Ordinary beings are truly buddhas but this fact is obscured by adventitious distortions.
Once these are removed, truly there is buddhahood.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

Both projection and perception are subject to the ten worlds of anyone person. Anyone person can be in any of the ten worlds during projection or perception. Two tables are set, one is to the left, one is to the right, both loaded with food, the person stands between the two. The lord Buddha never got angry when people did not understand him, he just approached another way, the environment was part of it. Each environment is in one of the ten worlds. Each person in that environment is in one of the ten worlds. Some environments are better than others for the projection and perception of some subjects. So, I move on.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

When I explained earlier that Im able to see my karma and the karma of others, which it fundamentally is, I was then told im disillusioned, and making a fool of myself. Yet, my ability to do this has all ways encouraged me to chant.

It is said that “ there is enlightenment in insanity”

Even something that is totally delusional can encourage a person to chant and help them on their way to enlightenment.

Each and every person has both negative and positive, delusional and reality things and These things that are negative or delusional can encourage a person to chant just as much as positive and truth. My ability to see my karma and the karma of others has all ways enacted as a good friend to me because it has all ways encouraged me to chant and keep chanting. It is totally irrelevant to whether my ability to see the karma of myself and others is real or illusion.

If a person came up to you and said:

When ever I chant I can see lots of white bunnies, I see a really big field and there are lots of little white bunnies. Every time I see the little white bunnies it encourages me to chant more.

What are you going to do?

Tell them that they are disillusioned, that they need to stop thinking like that?

Or

Are you going to tell that is great, keep chanting, even though you know that they are delusional.

Not every thing is about true or false, some times it has to do with function. When dealing with some things, it becomes irrelevant to whether its true or false.

What each person needs to head towards enlightenment is different from person to person. Illusion and negativity can enact as encouragement to chant just as much as positive and truth.

The little boy went up to the demon and asked the demon to read the lotus sutra him. The demon agreed and said to the little boy that after he reads the lotus sutra to him, that he would have to jump in his mouth and eat him. The little boy agreed. The demon read the lotus sutra to him and opened his mouth. The little boy went to jump in and in an instant , it transformed into Shakra.

There are many incidents where a person is chanting about something that is an allusion and evident to other people around them that its an illusion. But when other people around them see than its helping them to chant , they back off and encourage them to chant.

The three poisons and delusion can enact as things that can help a person to head towards enlightenment. So does it really matte if they can see their own karma and the karma of others or they see white bunnies. If it help them to become enlightened, what do you care? Some poisons can enact as medicine to hel a person towards their enlightenment.

The lotus sutra, knows what a person needs to get them to become enlightened
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

The bunnies aren't real?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

The bunny's are imaginary. The person sees the bunny's and the big field in their mind when they chant.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

The big secret to me having my abilities is the fact that I chanted. Just like everyone else who chants, I chanted. I didn’t chant to have these abilities, I was just chanting like anyone else and these abilities emerged on their own. I chanted about my desires and about my sufferings just like anyone else.

There is no secret. There is no method, there is no technique. All I did was chant like anyone else. One day these abilities started emerging and over time all the abilities emerged, but then there was about 5 to 10 years before they were fully developed. I had no control of these abilities and I never once chanted about them. There was no instant magic to this. As I went and chanted to change my karma through out time , my abilities developed more and more.

What I went through is no different than anyone else goes though. As a person practices over time, they develop abilities of the mind. I wasn’t doing anything different than anyone else. So there is nothing special about me.

My abilities began to emerge in my 3rd year of practice. I was all ready able to go into deeper levels of thought from the beginning.

I have never chanted once about my abilities. Never. My abilities emerged because I was eradicating my evil karma , no less than anyone else has and does. As a person chants and eradicates their evil karma over time, , abilities of the mind will naturally emerge. What abilities emerge is different from person to person.

So the big secret is to chant nam myoho renge kyo and eradicate their karma and as one does this over time, one will develop their own abilities naturally.

Abilities of the mind are based on how much karma you have eradicated, nothing else.

If you need anything to help you develop your abilities of the mind then you will naturally attract them. If you need to go to a psychiatrist , like I did, then that is what you need. If you need a teacher, then you will naturally will attract a teacher. If you need anything else to help you develop your abilities then it will come along. When my abilities began to emerge, I wound up going to a psychiatrist. It was something I needed. But its not coincidence that I went to see a psychiatrist when my abilities started to emerge. I didn’t realize what was happening at the time, but now I do.

If you sit down and chant to develop your abilities, or else if you chant to develop specific abilities, then you will lose the desire and you will remove your self from chanting those things. It doesn’t work that way. Abilities is based on how much karma is eradicated.

These things come around naturally. The more evil karma you eradicate, the more abilities you will have. But each persons abilities are different than others. Each person is different. No one is the same

All a person has to do is chant and practice and it will come around naturally. As a person practices, their abilities of the mind will naturaly come around.

So, I don’t have anything over on anyone.

In my third year, something,, not a person , I came across scared me unreal, to the point of shaking. I began to chant about it. I chanted about it for 6 months. After the karma had changed pertaining to what scared me and I stopped chanting about it because there was no more karma there to change, my abilities began to emerge.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

I am the bunny.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

Ryoto wrote:I am the bunny.
Good for you. I hope you feel better.
Iforgotthem

Post by Iforgotthem »

I repeated myself purposely in that post.

I never once chanted for these abilities and I never once chanted about these abilities. This stuff is based solely on how much evil karma you eradicate in general and nothing else.This stuff comes around naturally, you don't chant about it. I wasn't doing anything different than anyone else.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Iforgotthem wrote:I repeated myself purposely in that post.

I never once chanted for these abilities and I never once chanted about these abilities. This stuff is based solely on how much evil karma you eradicate in general and nothing else.This stuff comes around naturally, you don't chant about it. I wasn't doing anything different than anyone else.
These 'abilities' arise with strong concentration on many differing subjects. There is nothing unique about chanting, it is just one method for developing concentration of mind.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”