etiquette

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
buffetslayer

etiquette

Post by buffetslayer »

I come from a martial arts background and I'm used to quite strict etiquette and code of conduct at training etc. Eg bow on entering the dojo, refer to instructor as sensei, not to step onto the mats until invited by sensei ..... You get the picture. So are there any similar practices I should be aware of as a newbie? Any guidance would be helpful :twothumbsup:
daelm

Re: etiquette

Post by daelm »

buffetslayer wrote:I come from a martial arts background and I'm used to quite strict etiquette and code of conduct at training etc. Eg bow on entering the dojo, refer to instructor as sensei, not to step onto the mats until invited by sensei ..... You get the picture. So are there any similar practices I should be aware of as a newbie? Any guidance would be helpful :twothumbsup:
with respect to what?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

buffetslayer wrote:I come from a martial arts background and I'm used to quite strict etiquette and code of conduct at training etc. Eg bow on entering the dojo, refer to instructor as sensei, not to step onto the mats until invited by sensei ..... You get the picture. So are there any similar practices I should be aware of as a newbie? Any guidance would be helpful :twothumbsup:
There is one inviolable rule that one must follow on this website: be cool!

Reckon you handle it? :smile:

Oh, and there's a real nasty moderator here called Catmoon. Be sure to stroke him and throw some cat nibbles his way once in a while, otherwise he'll get real nasty and sharpen his claws on your upholstery.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
mindyourmind

Post by mindyourmind »

Just a quick bow before every post should be ok.
Dualism is the real root of our suffering and all of our conflicts.

Namkhai Norbu
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Welcome to Dharmawheel. Now, to your question:

It's always good practice to bow to your sensei.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the point: so long as you're here to learn and follow the TOS, you're in good shape. don't sweat it.
Qian Zheng Yi

Post by Qian Zheng Yi »

Welcome :hi:
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

Welcome to DW!
Yeshe

Post by Yeshe »

gregkavarnos wrote:
There is one inviolable rule that one must follow on this website: be cool!

Reckon you handle it? :smile:

Oh, and there's a real nasty moderator here called Catmoon. Be sure to stroke him and throw some cat nibbles his way once in a while, otherwise he'll get real nasty and sharpen his claws on your upholstery.
:namaste:
Or worse; when Cats "make-bread" on your skin. LOL
Sarwa Mangalam!
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

catmoon wrote:Image
I love that photo. I have a cat who looks and thinks like that. She is very small (probably the runt of the litter), but bosses the other cats around.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

(1 internet etiquette rule)

I wouldn't assume that I knew everything before just getting started.

Return to “Introductions”