Very Amazing Experience

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
YogaDude11

Very Amazing Experience

Post by YogaDude11 »

I have been practicing yantra yoga for maybe a year now. I also do sitting mindfulness on the breath meditation. Lately I have been getting this extremely pleasurable feeling/vibration in the middle of the forehead. When I close my eyes my eyelids become heavy after a few minutes and I have this feeling like someone switched my mind off but I am still there fully present, no thoughts seem to arise. It is quite intoxicating and very pleasurable, to be honest if I did not have other things to do I can prob sit there the whole day and abide in this state. I have read some material on mediation and it seems what i am experiencing is the action of the third eye/ajna chakra. I am not quite sure what exactly I am experiencing, all I know is it feels pretty good. I was wondering if anyone can give some more info or personal experiences perhaps. Thanks!
Jesse

Re: Very Amazing Experience

Post by Jesse »

That is interesting, I've gotten a similar sensation, except to me it was unpleasant. More like pressure/feeling of something solid & annoying in my forehead area. Cool that it can go both ways though.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Dzogchen transforms the channels into light, slowly over the course of practice. Of course you will experience so many bodily sensations. Just stay on the nature and let it happen.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

deepbluehum wrote:Dzogchen transforms the channels into light.
No.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Namdrol wrote:
deepbluehum wrote:Dzogchen transforms the channels into light.
No.
So what then? Don't stop there. Spit it out, man. Are you looking for a genuflection? You can describe how you like, but the fact is that the samsaric body somehow dissolves into the five lights. One can have many experiences of pleasure, etc.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

deepbluehum wrote: but the fact is that the samsaric body somehow dissolves into the five lights.
Also no.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Namdrol wrote:
deepbluehum wrote: but the fact is that the samsaric body somehow dissolves into the five lights.
Also no.
Now you've really got me on the edge of my seat. I would just love to get a complete thought from you. That would be just too exciting. Honestly. Please, do tell.

Please tell me what happens to channels and physical body when practicing Dzogchen
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

deepbluehum wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Also no.
Now you've really got me on the edge of my seat. I would just love to get a complete thought from you. That would be just too exciting. Honestly. Please, do tell.

Please tell me what happens to channels and physical body when practicing Dzogchen
Nothing.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

YogaDude11 wrote:I have been practicing yantra yoga for maybe a year now. I also do sitting mindfulness on the breath meditation. Lately I have been getting this extremely pleasurable feeling/vibration in the middle of the forehead. When I close my eyes my eyelids become heavy after a few minutes and I have this feeling like someone switched my mind off but I am still there fully present, no thoughts seem to arise. It is quite intoxicating and very pleasurable, to be honest if I did not have other things to do I can prob sit there the whole day and abide in this state. I have read some material on mediation and it seems what i am experiencing is the action of the third eye/ajna chakra. I am not quite sure what exactly I am experiencing, all I know is it feels pretty good. I was wondering if anyone can give some more info or personal experiences perhaps. Thanks!
A step before the First Jhana? Try to spread the feeling throughout your body.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dham ... jhana.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Ha ha ha. I love it.
YogaDude11

Post by YogaDude11 »

Thanks for the share. Sounds like I am entering some kind of stage of development. I have been observing a vegetarian diet and i have cut out all intoxicants and everything that is not "good" for the body. I have tried to maintain celibacy as well, but I do have the occasional releases, but it seems to be getting more under control as time goes on. No television either, or as little as possible. It also seems that with consistent practice everyday I require much less oxygen on each breath, it is as if though the body just does not need to breathe as often.

From what I have read in the book by ChNN, it says that the resultant qualities of the practice are that the yogi develops "profound contemplation". From what I understand that means very deep meditation. So I do not know if what I am experiencing is profound contemplation or maybe the beginning stages of it?
Konchog1 wrote:
YogaDude11 wrote:I have been practicing yantra yoga for maybe a year now. I also do sitting mindfulness on the breath meditation. Lately I have been getting this extremely pleasurable feeling/vibration in the middle of the forehead. When I close my eyes my eyelids become heavy after a few minutes and I have this feeling like someone switched my mind off but I am still there fully present, no thoughts seem to arise. It is quite intoxicating and very pleasurable, to be honest if I did not have other things to do I can prob sit there the whole day and abide in this state. I have read some material on mediation and it seems what i am experiencing is the action of the third eye/ajna chakra. I am not quite sure what exactly I am experiencing, all I know is it feels pretty good. I was wondering if anyone can give some more info or personal experiences perhaps. Thanks!

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dham ... jhana.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krodha

Post by krodha »

deepbluehum wrote:
The question is predicated on misnomers.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Have you received transmission from ChNN?

N

YogaDude11 wrote:Thanks for the share. Sounds like I am entering some kind of stage of development. I have been observing a vegetarian diet and i have cut out all intoxicants and everything that is not "good" for the body. I have tried to maintain celibacy as well, but I do have the occasional releases, but it seems to be getting more under control as time goes on. No television either, or as little as possible. It also seems that with consistent practice everyday I require much less oxygen on each breath, it is as if though the body just does not need to breathe as often.

From what I have read in the book by ChNN, it says that the resultant qualities of the practice are that the yogi develops "profound contemplation". From what I understand that means very deep meditation. So I do not know if what I am experiencing is profound contemplation or maybe the beginning stages of it?
Konchog1 wrote:

YogaDude11

Post by YogaDude11 »

No I have not. But I will be doing that very soon. All i have is the book and the dvds.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

YogaDude11 wrote:No I have not. But I will be doing that very soon. All i have is the book and the dvds.

You should understand then that vegetarianism is not required, nor is abstinence.
YogaDude11

Post by YogaDude11 »

Hey Namdrol, Are you a practitioner of yantra yoga?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

YogaDude11 wrote:Hey Namdrol, Are you a practitioner of yantra yoga?

I have practiced it on and off for years, and have been a student of ChNN since 1992.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

What's with all the non sequiturs?
YogaDude11

Post by YogaDude11 »

Have you had any experiences similar to what i have described?
Namdrol wrote:
YogaDude11 wrote:Hey Namdrol, Are you a practitioner of yantra yoga?

I have practiced it on and off for years, and have been a student of ChNN since 1992.
krodha

Post by krodha »

YogaDude11 wrote:Have you had any experiences similar to what i have described?
The non-arising of thought or "hard to tell if thought is arising" instances are usually just an inevitable product of regular sitting meditation... And then couple that with tuning your energetic movement in yantra yoga and I'm not surprised you're having experiences like this. The only issue with it, is what comes into play with the lack of transmission like Namdrol was saying (transmission for Yantra Yoga/Dzogchen practice). With the transmission you're then going to be operating from the fundamental view of your true nature which will allow all practices to excel to their full potentiality and respective fruitions much more easily. Even though ones true nature ends up being the base, path and fruition itself... So the view governs your activity, and what happens is that instances like being caught under the sway of experiences like non-thought and vibratory manifestations doesn't happen (or may happen but then is quickly noticed and liberated). Because in truth, when it comes to Yantra Yoga these secondary results are not the point, the point is the continual tuning of the energy to achieve balance so one can abide in the view effortlessly and also remain healthy so one can avoid succumbing to illnesses. It's a supplement to Dzogchen practice and is meant to be approached in that context. So maybe something to think about! The transmissions can only be beneficial. And you'll probably find that your practice will be of much greater value.

Return to “Meditation”