Supreme Source/10 Dolungs

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Supreme Source/10 Dolungs

Postby Fa Dao » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 pm

In the book the Supreme Source on pg. 198, section 53. The Chapter That Demonstrates That the Nature of All Phenomena is the Immovable State, it talks about the 10 Dolungs of which there are 5 sets of 10. Where can one find this list? Has it even been translated into English? Sounds like it would be useful to have an understanding of this.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Re: Supreme Source/10 Dolungs

Postby In the bone yard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Aren't those listed on pages 68-72?

:popcorn:
In the bone yard

Postby Fa Dao » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm

apparently so...it has taken me so long to get to pg 198 I had totally forgotten about the introduction...oops
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Postby In the bone yard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 pm

No problem Fa, the meaning is very deep and takes time.
:smile:
In the bone yard

Postby padma norbu » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Fa Dao wrote:apparently so...it has taken me so long to get to pg 198 I had totally forgotten about the introduction...oops

I know the feeling! I have had the most trouble with this book out of all of ChNN's books. This one also causes the most "aha" moments, probably. But, then I forget them in what seems like minutes.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby Dronma » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 pm

padma norbu wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:apparently so...it has taken me so long to get to pg 198 I had totally forgotten about the introduction...oops

I know the feeling! I have had the most trouble with this book out of all of ChNN's books. This one also causes the most "aha" moments, probably. But, then I forget them in what seems like minutes.

I think it is normal for most people. If I have to consider myself according to what I remember from the teachings I have received and read, the result will be nothing at all. Hence I have to believe that I am totally stupid - which is also a possibility. :rolleye:
But I do not worry, because realization has to do with one's experience, and not with words!
Except if somebody has the karma to teach others as scholar, which I don't have for sure! :mrgreen:
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
Dronma

Postby Sönam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 am

and words come out when (really) necessary ... depending on circumstances

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Return to Dzogchen