Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Alleviating worldly suffering along the way.

Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Postby Jesse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm

I have been working on a piece of software that aids in mindfulness, It's an open source project so you can inspect and see it's virus free, or compile it safely for yourself (It's written in C#, using Visual Studio 2010), It's essentially a simple reminder, and let's you choose how often it's displayed. I know I spend way too much time online and often get lost in youtube videos and whatever else I happen to be doing, and this is why I made the program, I hope someone else can benefit from it as well. :)

Right now It's still in beta and I imagine there will be many bugs, as I'm just releasing it today, if you find a bug, please report it, either on the website, or here. I will fix them as quickly as possible. :)

Here is a link to the website: http://bawk.org/mindfulvisions/

Here is a link to the source code: https://github.com/jscix/Mindful-Visions

:namaste:
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Re: Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Postby kirtu » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm

How's about some screen shots?

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Jesse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Here you go kirtu,

The reminder window:
Systray Icon:
Settings Screen:

Btw, There are quite a few bug reports atm.. I'm working on them today and should release a much more stable version tonight, or tomorrow. If anyone has had problems so far, I apologize. :)
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Postby Jesse » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

A new version with many bug fixes is up. Unless some more major bugs appear, I will probably be working on the next version for a while. If anyone has suggestions for features they would like to see, feel free to leave me some ideas. Thanks. :)
Jesse

Return to Engaged Buddhism