Two approaches.

Dronma

Re: Two approaches.

Post by Dronma »

Much Ado About Nothing!
The whole topic has been mutated to a personal controversy between gad rgyangs and Namdrol.
It seems that gad rgyangs likes to preponderate against Namdrol's Dzogchen view, which is not good as intention at all.
Through study and contemplation, all answers will arise one day. If it is necessary....
Most of the times, it is not. Most of the times, it is only the display of ego-attachment.

By the way, what happened to White Lotus (Tom) who opened this topic and then disappeared? :?:
Maybe his question has already been answered through all these posts....
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
krodha

Post by krodha »

Dronma wrote:Much Ado About Nothing!
The whole topic has been mutated to a personal controversy between gad rgyangs and Namdrol.
What seems like personal controversy on this thread is more like a resurfacing battle which originates from an epic and ancient war spanning eons of thread. We may never see the end of it, but know that you'll learn some interesting things and gain valuable insight while it goes on. It never sleeps and it cannot be stopped... Resistance is futile! :tongue:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

asunthatneversets wrote:
What seems like personal controversy on this thread is more like a resurfacing battle which originates from an epic and ancient war spanning eons of thread. We may never see the end of it, but know that you'll learn some interesting things and gain valuable insight while it goes on. It never sleeps and it cannot be stopped... Resistance is futile! :tongue:

No personal controversy.
Paul

Post by Paul »

It seems that gad rgyangs likes to preponderate against Namdrol's Dzogchen view, which is not good as intention at all.
Through study and contemplation, all answers will arise one day. If it is necessary....
Most of the times, it is not. Most of the times, it is only the display of ego-attachment.
gad rgyangs - please just knock off this BASIS BASIS BASIS BASIS BASIS thing.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

asunthatneversets wrote:
I am not interested in any resistance.
It is only so tiring to read again and again the same objections from people like gad rgyangs, who are like deaf and blind.
He sees what he likes to see, and hears what he likes to hear..... The rest do not exist for him!
Additionally he always talks as if he is in the state of Rigpa all the time!
What is the use of all this??? :shrug:

Then I really wonder about White Lotus!
Where is he? He is not interested in the topic which he personally opened?
He presented two approaches, and for my understanding his words had an obvious polemic against "Namkhai Norbu's school", which he finds similar to Theravada. :geek:
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

Paul wrote: gad rgyangs - please just knock off this BASIS BASIS BASIS BASIS BASIS thing.
"knock off this BASIS thing" in a discussion of the Dzoghchen view. Thats a good one Paul, did you come up with that all by yourself? :tongue:

(imagine Brando at the end of Apocalypse now, except he's wispering as he dies "the...comedy....the.....comedy")
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
- Descartes, 2nd Meditation 25
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

Namdrol wrote: Sentient beings are deluded about the display of the basis. When they cease to be so deluded, they are buddhas.

The basis never displays as anything other than the five lights.
so you're saying sentient beings and buddhas are the display of a different basis? you're saying that sentient beings and buddhas are not included in "all phenomena of samsara and nirvana"? you seem to be claiming there is the basis and its display, on the one hand, and then there's sentient beings and buddhas, but they have nothing to do with each other. if this were so, in what way would the basis be "our real nature"?

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
Pero

Post by Pero »

Dronma wrote:Then I really wonder about White Lotus!
Where is he? He is not interested in the topic which he personally opened?
Probably not since he seems to only be interested in his own delusions.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

gad rgyangs wrote: so you're saying sentient beings and buddhas are the display of a different basis? you're saying that sentient beings and buddhas are not included in "all phenomena of samsara and nirvana"? you seem to be claiming there is the basis and its display, on the one hand, and then there's sentient beings and buddhas, but they have nothing to do with each other. if this were so, in what way would the basis be "our real nature"?
You are very much fond of intellectual masturbation, Mr gad rgyangs! Isn't it?
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Pero wrote: Probably not since he seems to only be interested in his own delusions.
I'm afraid, it is more complicated.
Don't forget that Jax (as Robert) also appeared in this thread....
Pero

Post by Pero »

Dronma wrote:
Pero wrote: Probably not since he seems to only be interested in his own delusions.
Hmm, I doubt they're connected. White Lotus has been around for a long time.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

Dronma wrote: You are very much fond of intellectual masturbation, Mr gad rgyangs! Isn't it?

you people are actually quite horrible. I try to ignore you as much as possible, but sometimes it genuinely astonishes me.

Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Pero wrote:
Dronma wrote:
Hmm, I doubt they're connected. White Lotus has been around for a long time.
Maybe it is all coincidence, maybe not....
What I see is that those mistaken views from different people have common starting points and one target.
It is not good to examine closely one tree and loosing the whole forest.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

gad rgyangs wrote:
Dronma wrote: You are very much fond of intellectual masturbation, Mr gad rgyangs! Isn't it?

you people are actually quite horrible. I try to ignore you as much as possible, but sometimes it genuinely astonishes me.
But it is intellectual masturbation, Mr gad rgyangs!
You are trying to find intellectual answers to what it is not intellectual at all !!!!
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

gad rgyangs wrote:

You go round and round, completely impervious to what others say, including Namdrol that You love to discuss with while trying to ignore use ... May be is it that not having the capacity for Dzogchen.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
krodha

Post by krodha »

Let's try to stay constructive everyone... Were deviating into dangerous waters fast here!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

gad rgyangs wrote:
Namdrol wrote: Sentient beings are deluded about the display of the basis. When they cease to be so deluded, they are buddhas.

The basis never displays as anything other than the five lights.
so you're saying sentient beings and buddhas are the display of a different basis? you're saying that sentient beings and buddhas are not included in "all phenomena of samsara and nirvana"? you seem to be claiming there is the basis and its display, on the one hand, and then there's sentient beings and buddhas, but they have nothing to do with each other. if this were so, in what way would the basis be "our real nature"?

I like the way you systematically misrepresent what I am saying.

read what I said above, and you will see how much your statement purporting to represent what I said, does not represent it, much in the same way that a man with jaundice persistently sees white as yellow.

N
Last edited by Malcolm on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

asunthatneversets wrote:Were deviating into dangerous waters fast here!
Better than splashing in the mud, asunthatneversets!
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

White Lotus wrote: the first approach could be summed up... just be. or according to lonchen Rabjam, normal awareness. this approach was held by the Zen master Bankei Zenshi. it is the idea that we are born with a complete buddha mind. this mind is the Inborn or Unborn mind of all buddhas. it is our everyday mind. for example you know you are reading this thread. that knowledge though simple is a function of buddha mind.
This reminds me a lot the "direct transmission" from Jax to his students! ;)
krodha

Post by krodha »

Dronma wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:Were deviating into dangerous waters fast here!
Better than splashing in the mud, asunthatneversets!
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8KXx40hRA

Return to “Dzogchen”