Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Dronma

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Dronma »

Lhug-Pa wrote: Dronma, I get it now. The times are Australian, not GMT. And I didn't see 12 PM, but 12 AM which I figured actually meant 12 PM. Whoever is in charge of writing out the times always makes that mistake and it can be confusing because some people (like myself) might be thinking: "Is it actually 10 PM to 12 AM? Is it a 14 hour teaching? Or what...?"
Yes, it is true. This is the reason I prefer the times to be written in 24 hours style.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Pero, cool..thanks man
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Dronma wrote:Yes, it is true. This is the reason I prefer the times to be written in 24 hours style.
It's not 24 hour style, but close enough:

Namgyalgar North retreat

16th-22nd March 2012

Teaching is the Zhaldam (Advice) of the great teacher Khyenrab Chos-kyi Odzer, who was one of the most important students of the great Dzogchen Master Zhenga Rinpoche.

OPEN WEBCAST

BRISBANE TIME GMT +10 hours
Check the time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=47

NOTE: Local Pacific Daylight times (PDT) in parens after Brisbane day and time

16th March 5-7pm. (STARTS PDT MIDNIGHT THURSDAY, MARCH 15)
Start of the retreat: An introduction to the retreat Teaching and the transmission of Ati Guru Yoga, which is always being in the essence, and the Tridlung of Short Thun.

17th March 10-12am. (STARTS PDT 5PM FRIDAY, MARCH 16)
Transmitting the 1st verse of Zhaldam with its Three principle teachings and the Tridlung of Short Gana Puja.

17th March 1-2pm. (STARTS PDT 8PM FRIDAY, MARCH 16)
We do a short Gana Puja for the day of Dakini and Anniversary of Ayu Khandro.

18 th March 10-12am. (STARTS PDT 5PM SATURDAY, MARCH 17)
Transmitting the 2nd of Zhaldam verse with its Three principle teachings and direct introduction.

19th March 10-12am. (STARTS PDT 5PM SUNDAY, MARCH 18)
Transmitting the 3rd of Zhaldam verse with its Three principle teachings and Tridlung of Medium Thun.

20th March 10-12am. (STARTS PDT 5PM MONDAY, MARCH 19)
Transmitting the 4th of Zhaldam verse with its Three principle teachings.

21st March 10-12.00 (STARTS PDT 5PM TUESDAY, MARCH 20)
Transmitting more detail the teaching of Tsgsum naddeg and Tridlung of Medium Gana Puja.

22nd March 10-12am. (STARTS PDT 5PM WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21)
Advice for the practices of how to integrate in daily life and tridlungs of collective practices.

22nd March 1-2pm. (STARTS PDT 8PM WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21)
We do a Medium Gana Puja for the New Moon and end of this retreat.

The Webcast Team
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Anyone know the name of the artist/song that's playing on the webcast right now? :D
Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Anyone know the name of the artist/song that's playing on the webcast right now? :D
The screen says "Last Import". Funny name for an artist. :)
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Ganapuja is supposed to be starting now right?
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Anyway.... :emb:

Was a great Ganapuja. Image :anjali:

Kilaya, I didn't see "Last Import" anywhere; but the song I was wondering about is the one that plays pretty much everytime there's a webcast, and it plays more often than other songs.

A happy song for sure. :D
florin

Post by florin »

primordial state=nature of mind is not rigpa
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

alpha wrote:primordial state=nature of mind is not rigpa
Yes! Yes! Yes! :twothumbsup:
I quoted that as a clarification from the yesterday teaching to the other thread: "Two approaches"
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Something I have a habit of doing when offering to the dharmapalas is filling a serkyem with offering substances, as the support torma. Is this considered acceptable, or complimentary to do in the context of a DC Tun or Ganapuja? I don't recall ever seeing a physical support offered to the protectors in any DC event I've been to, or Rinpoche ever mentioning it, so it clearly doesn't seem to be a requirement, -but is it acceptable to include if one likes and has the proper materials?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:Something I have a habit of doing when offering to the dharmapalas is filling a serkyem with offering substances, as the support torma. Is this considered acceptable, or complimentary to do in the context of a DC Tun or Ganapuja? I don't recall ever seeing a physical support offered to the protectors in any DC event I've been to, or Rinpoche ever mentioning it, so it clearly doesn't seem to be a requirement, -but is it acceptable to include if one likes and has the proper materials?
In ChNNR book Sang offering and Serkyem for the eight classes he mention clearly how to us the serkyem and what to put in it http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=280

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:Something I have a habit of doing when offering to the dharmapalas is filling a serkyem with offering substances, as the support torma. Is this considered acceptable, or complimentary to do in the context of a DC Tun or Ganapuja? I don't recall ever seeing a physical support offered to the protectors in any DC event I've been to, or Rinpoche ever mentioning it, so it clearly doesn't seem to be a requirement, -but is it acceptable to include if one likes and has the proper materials?
In ChNNR book Sang offering and Serkyem for the eight classes he mention clearly how to us the serkyem and what to put in it http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=280

/magnus
Thanks Magnus. But the description says it is
specifically the "Degyed Serkyem practice composed by Nubchen Sangye Yeshe" that ChNN explains in that text.
Is this supposed to be applied to the DC tuns and ganapujas?

And are the instructions vastly different from the serkyem conduct
of the Dudjom Tersar? I'd rather not spend the time and money
if it's what I'm already familiar with...
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

I also do that occasionally. :thumbsup:
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
specifically the "Degyed Serkyem practice composed by Nubchen Sangye Yeshe" that ChNN explains in that text.

Not sure about the difference between ChNNR text and the Dudjom Tersar style. But if you ask me I would just keep on doing it they I was taught to do it. There might be other ways to do it, but that don't make the old ways wrong.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

Not sure about the difference between ChNNR text and the Dudjom Tersar style. But if you ask me I would just keep on doing it they I was taught to do it. There might be other ways to do it, but that don't make the old ways wrong.

/magnus
Yeah, well I won't stop doing my tersar practices-- that's my mainstay. :smile: But the question is more if I feel like doing a DC ganapuja or tun at home, which I've been known to do from time to time-- does it make sense to include a filled serkyem (according to how I would do for tersar) as a support for all the protector practices, or are they intended to be primarily intangible offerings, related to one's own awareness and the sense doors, without the relative supports?
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

I don't have access to the Shang Shung webcast site on my phone, but the old webcast site that previously worked on my phone isn't working either!:

http://www.freezecast.com:8000/audio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

It wasn't working for a while at first, but then started working right after I typed that last post. :tantrum: :oops:

Missed the first half hour of the teaching though.

Were there any practices or particular transmissions besides Guru Yoga or Song of the Vajra during that first half hour :?:
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:
heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

/magnus
Yeah, well I won't stop doing my tersar practices-- that's my mainstay. :smile: But the question is more if I feel like doing a DC ganapuja or tun at home, which I've been known to do from time to time-- does it make sense to include a filled serkyem (according to how I would do for tersar) as a support for all the protector practices, or are they intended to be primarily intangible offerings, related to one's own awareness and the sense doors, without the relative supports?
To me it makes perfect sense. :smile: That was probably not that helpful. :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Adamantine wrote:
heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

/magnus
If we refere to the general and repeated advice of Rinpoche, we have to work with our circumstances ... therefore it makes sense. If it would'nt, then even the whole practice would not have a sense.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Instead of complaining more about things not going well for me, how about I offer something potentially helpful here....

It's funny that I said:
Lhug-Pa wrote:A happy song for sure. :D
As I'm thinking that the song in question might be from the following CD (?):

GAWALA: How Happy

About offerings:

In [url=http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6203&start=60#p73628]Guardians of the Teaching,[/url] Namdrol wrote:When you do medium thun for example, it is sufficient to visualize offerings. If you want to set them up, that is ok too. Whatever you have space and time for.

In general, there are only two things that you need for offerings (apart from the Ganapuja), according to my understanding of ChNN's intent: light and incense, and even these are not absolutely required.

If you like setting out water offerings, sense offering, medicine and blood, tormas and so on -- go for it -- but it is not absolutely necessary. After all, the universe is a torma according to the torma tantra.
Therefore in regard to working with circumstances, in my case I currently cannot burn incense where I live, so if I were to offer Sang and Serkyem, I would have to take Sang incense and try to distill into an essential oil in order to use in my essential oil diffuser (whenever performing a Puja, I at least try to diffuse essential oil, even if it's just some Sage oil or something that I have on hand).

Return to “Dzogchen”