Longde texts/tantras

Rinchen Dorje

Longde texts/tantras

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Does anyone know what Longde texts/tantras have been translated into English and that are available? Seems like there is a lot of Semde and Upadesha texts that have been translated but not a lot of Longde.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
heart

Re: Longde texts/tantras

Post by heart »

Jima Vaby's "Two Dzogchen Texts" contains a translation of the Longde tantra “The King of the Infinite Primordial Dimension.”

Then this might be interesting to read also http://www.duo.uio.no/sok/work.html?WOR ... 83&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Magnus, the abstract looks awesome however I cant seem to find where to download it.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Greg

Post by Greg »

Fa Dao wrote:Magnus, the abstract looks awesome however I cant seem to find where to download it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4iruw5xjji04sd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

very cool!! thanks Greg!! From the abstract it looks exatly like what I have been looking for...a comprehensive overview of the Longde section of Dzogchen. It will be very helpful in determining which direction I want to go with this. Thanks again all.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Fa Dao wrote:very cool!! thanks Greg!! From the abstract it looks exatly like what I have been looking for...a comprehensive overview of the Longde section of Dzogchen. It will be very helpful in determining which direction I want to go with this. Thanks again all.
No prob, I think you will find it very informative.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Greg, read it. You were right, very informative. Thanks again.
Im wondering though..amongst those that teach Longde what is considered to be the essential text or Tantra that best lays out the view, path, and fruit of Longde?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Fa Dao wrote:Greg, read it. You were right, very informative. Thanks again.
Im wondering though..amongst those that teach Longde what is considered to be the essential text or Tantra that best lays out the view, path, and fruit of Longde?
My sense . .and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong . is that nobody actually does really teach it and it's probably been 700 years since anyone did, unless NNR is trying to dust it off like he did with Semde. It's mostly a doxographical relic/placeholder in the convoluted world of the 9-yana schema, much like anuyoga.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

ChNNR does teach it. Both Vairocanas 4 Das and the Vajra Bridge. Though as far as I know he is the only one. I have been waiting a long time for him to teach it again. Apparently from what I hear he will be teaching it when he is in Taiwan in May...woo hoo!!!
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Greg wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:Greg, read it. You were right, very informative. Thanks again.
My sense . .and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong . is that nobody actually does really teach it and it's probably been 700 years since anyone did, unless NNR is trying to dust it off like he did with Semde. It's mostly a doxographical relic/placeholder in the convoluted world of the 9-yana schema, much like anuyoga.
ChNN definitely teaches it. In fact, if you go to tsegyalgar west's website there's a photo of the whole sangha there doing longde practice outdoors. Also, lineage holders of Chogyur Lingpa's Chogling tersar teach it via that tersar's "Dzogchen Desum" or "Three Series of Dzogchen" transmission. I'm not sure how freely Dzogchen Desum is taught, but a guy named Magnus who's a member of this forum would surely know since I think Chokling Tersar is his main lineage.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
heart

Post by heart »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Greg wrote: My sense . .and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong . is that nobody actually does really teach it and it's probably been 700 years since anyone did, unless NNR is trying to dust it off like he did with Semde. It's mostly a doxographical relic/placeholder in the convoluted world of the 9-yana schema, much like anuyoga.
ChNN definitely teaches it. In fact, if you go to tsegyalgar west's website there's a photo of the whole sangha there doing longde practice outdoors. Also, lineage holders of Chogyur Lingpa's Chogling tersar teach it via that tersar's "Dzogchen Desum" or "Three Series of Dzogchen" transmission. I'm not sure how freely Dzogchen Desum is taught, but a guy named Magnus who's a member of this forum would surely know since I think Chokling Tersar is his main lineage.
The Dzogchen Desum is taught but not very often and only in closed settings. In fact ChNNR received it from Tulku Urgyen himself. The opening practice in the Dzogchen Desum is a very short Guru Yoga on Shri Singha I have been told.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Fa Dao wrote:ChNNR does teach it. Both Vairocanas 4 Das and the Vajra Bridge. Though as far as I know he is the only one. I have been waiting a long time for him to teach it again. Apparently from what I hear he will be teaching it when he is in Taiwan in May...woo hoo!!!
Also it seems that he will teach Longde in Hongkong, just before the Taiwan retreat, as I think it will be Dzogchen Desum again. The longde practice from this is much more simple than Longsal so it might be good to attend this too.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

This is great because the Taiwan and Hong Kong retreats will be during times where in the Americas many of us won't be at our jobs, even though we might have to sacrifice a lot of sleep (or even better, that we all become wealthy enough to travel to Asia physically as well). Don't know about you guys over in Europe and other places though..... I hope that all can attend one way or another.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

Return to “Dzogchen”