ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby dakini_boi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 am

Is this ChNNR's own terma, or the terma of Adzom Drukpa? Thanks!
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 pm

According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
User avatar
treehuggingoctopus
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: Mudhole? Slimy? My home, this is.

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Pero » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:31 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.

I think just that very nice invocation is his. But the practice in general is Adzom Drugpa's terma.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Pero wrote:
treehuggingoctopus wrote:According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.

I think just that very nice invocation is his. But the practice in general is Adzom Drugpa's terma.


I bow before the greater knowledge of my Vajra sibling :-)
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
User avatar
treehuggingoctopus
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: Mudhole? Slimy? My home, this is.

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby dakini_boi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:21 am

Thank you!
dakini_boi
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Mother's Lap » Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Could someone please send me ChNNR's Green Tara text? The DVD from SSI doesn't come with subtitles so I can't quite make out what is being said and the two Tara texts on the webcast's files page don't match up with what's being relayed.

Thanks!
Mother's Lap
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Reibeam » Sun May 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

In order use action mantras like the 21 Tara ones transmitted by chNN it is often said one has to do a retreat (a few days or a week) and has to accumulate enough of the main mantra.

Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Obviously the main mantra is the most important, but creating the potentiality for the action mantras to function would be beneficial.

practices like Dorje Gotrab are really specific, but Garuda, Tara, etc I am not totally sure.

If anybody could guide me here, I would appreciated it.

Thanks
User avatar
Reibeam
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Location: Missourikaya

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby heart » Sun May 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Reibeam wrote:Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

In order use action mantras like the 21 Tara ones transmitted by chNN it is often said one has to do a retreat (a few days or a week) and has to accumulate enough of the main mantra.

Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Obviously the main mantra is the most important, but creating the potentiality for the action mantras to function would be beneficial.

practices like Dorje Gotrab are really specific, but Garuda, Tara, etc I am not totally sure.

If anybody could guide me here, I would appreciated it.

Thanks


It is all in the booklet, no? I think you have to do 700.000, which actually isn't that much.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Mother's Lap » Sun May 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Reibeam wrote:Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Someone else asked him this and he said the only way to know for sure is to try the actions mantras after the requisite accumulation and see if it works or not.
Mother's Lap
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Reibeam » Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 am

heart wrote:
Reibeam wrote:Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

In order use action mantras like the 21 Tara ones transmitted by chNN it is often said one has to do a retreat (a few days or a week) and has to accumulate enough of the main mantra.

Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Obviously the main mantra is the most important, but creating the potentiality for the action mantras to function would be beneficial.

practices like Dorje Gotrab are really specific, but Garuda, Tara, etc I am not totally sure.

If anybody could guide me here, I would appreciated it.

Thanks


It is all in the booklet, no? I think you have to do 700.000, which actually isn't that much.

/magnus


I didn't see a specific number in the booklet I have (there are a couple different ones), but he mentions doing a week retreat as the main condition. If I do the practice diligently perhaps I will find the circumstances for a retreat which will probably happen around recitation 699,999. Your right though, that number isn't really that much.

Thanks Magnus

Emakirikiri wrote:
Reibeam wrote:Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Someone else asked him this and he said the only way to know for sure is to try the actions mantras after the requisite accumulation and see if it works or not.


I figured someone had already asked him, thanks for relaying his response!

Thanks Emakirikiri
User avatar
Reibeam
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Location: Missourikaya

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Soap-Bubble » Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

Dear Reibeam, everything depends on your capacity and strength of belief in the mantra. I heard Rinpoche telling a few stories about people who didn't accumulate enough Tara mantra using various action mantras, yet they worked for them. So if you absolutely need an action mantra and you need it right now, I'd say go for it without accumulation. Then if it doesn't work, you can do the accumulation.
a soap-bubble represents radiant emptiness
User avatar
Soap-Bubble
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Postby Reibeam » Fri May 30, 2014 10:13 am

Soap-Bubble wrote:Dear Reibeam, everything depends on your capacity and strength of belief in the mantra. I heard Rinpoche telling a few stories about people who didn't accumulate enough Tara mantra using various action mantras, yet they worked for them. So if you absolutely need an action mantra and you need it right now, I'd say go for it without accumulation. Then if it doesn't work, you can do the accumulation.



Thanks Soap! That's a good point, one's intention and focus of energy will be what activates it in the first place. I am also going to focus on the main mantra with the intention of being able have the circumstance to be able to do a retreat for accumulation.
User avatar
Reibeam
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am
Location: Missourikaya


Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

>