The Desert is Quiet

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Mr. G

The Desert is Quiet

Post by Mr. G »

phpBB [video]
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Re: The Desert is Quiet

Post by Josef »

Thats what it looks like across the street from my house.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
rory

Post by rory »

It's beautiful; where are you; New Mexico, Arizona? I bet the sky at night is amazing.
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Josef

Post by Josef »

rory wrote:It's beautiful; where are you; New Mexico, Arizona? I bet the sky at night is amazing.
gassho
Rory
Arizona, north of Scottsdale.
The sky at night is absolutely beautiful.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
rory

Post by rory »

Aha, I know Scottsdale, was at Orme for a summer, the desert is incredible. Must be wonderful to meditate there...I love the quiet myself, unfortunately in the video the pinky character never stopped.
gassho
rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Nice. Yea, Arizona has amazing night skies. I wish I could see them more often!
maybay

Post by maybay »

Next you're going to tell me samsara is beautiful...
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
rory

Post by rory »

Sure; Samsara is Nirvana!
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
maybay

Post by maybay »

rory wrote:Sure; Samsara is Nirvana!
gassho
Rory
Where did you get that idea?
- Machig Labdron
rory

Post by rory »

Nagarjuna!
Hence Nagarjuna writes: "There is nothing whatever which differentiates samsara from nirvana; and there is nothing whatever which differentiates nirvana from samsara. The extreme limit of nirvana is also the extreme limit of samsara; there is not the slightest bit of difference between these two" (M 25: 19-20
ttp://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=2364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
justsit

Post by justsit »

...the desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold...

phpBB [video]
maybay

Post by maybay »

rory wrote:Nagarjuna!
Hence Nagarjuna writes: "There is nothing whatever which differentiates samsara from nirvana; and there is nothing whatever which differentiates nirvana from samsara. The extreme limit of nirvana is also the extreme limit of samsara; there is not the slightest bit of difference between these two" (M 25: 19-20
ttp://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=2364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gassho
Rory
Seems like the long way round. Why take the long way round unless he was trying to avoid something.
- Machig Labdron
dianah

Post by dianah »

Beautiful, thank you!
I live in the Mojave desert northeast from the city of Mojave in a place called California City. I can see the Sierras from my back yard.
The Desert does have its great beauty and solitude...
Best Wishes! di

Return to “Media”