ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Rinchen Dorje

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Understand Nangwa. This seems to be an extremely difficult teaching to find any info on. I am loving doing the practice as part of the short thun but sure would love to know more about it. Any help would be appreciated.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

Fa Dao wrote:Understand Nangwa. This seems to be an extremely difficult teaching to find any info on. I am loving doing the practice as part of the short thun but sure would love to know more about it. Any help would be appreciated.
There isnt a lot of Drollo stuff available in English in general right now.
I really hope that people start translating the works of Adzom Drukpa. There are loads of his works on the TBRC but not much for non-Tibetan readers.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Yeah, I started translating the short sadhana from the TBRC, but then I got busy and a bit lazy. lol. I finally found somebody who has a translated copy, so I'm just waiting to get that from her. I can pass it along if y'all PM me!
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

In general, I do have a few of the sadhanas from the Osel Dorje Sangdzo. Adzom Paylo Rinpoche does a lot with them. So if anybody has a specific request for an Adzom Drukpa sadhana that you have transmission for, let me know and I can see what I can do. ;-)
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Rinpoche has said that Dorje Drolo can be done in an essential way in the short thun in place of Guru Tragphur or Simhamukha. If one has had the transmission can a practitioner also do the same with Rinpoches Vajrapani practice? And if so which mantra would be used? (This part can be PM'd to me if necessary)
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Fa Dao wrote:Rinpoche has said that Dorje Drolo can be done in an essential way in the short thun in place of Guru Tragphur or Simhamukha. If one has had the transmission can a practitioner also do the same with Rinpoches Vajrapani practice? And if so which mantra would be used? (This part can be PM'd to me if necessary)
Rinpoche had transmitted Vajrapani on May 2010 in a retreat with the title "Lhalung Sangdag". Although it is a short practice, it is different than Short Tun. He also gives the Lung at the end of every retreat.
There is a link for downloading the text in:
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/index ... G_May_2010
It does not seem to work for me now, but I remember I had downloaded it in the past.
I think you can ask the Gar or Ling which is near you for receiving the text of this practice.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Josef

Post by Josef »

Dronma wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:Rinpoche has said that Dorje Drolo can be done in an essential way in the short thun in place of Guru Tragphur or Simhamukha. If one has had the transmission can a practitioner also do the same with Rinpoches Vajrapani practice? And if so which mantra would be used? (This part can be PM'd to me if necessary)
Rinpoche had transmitted Vajrapani on May 2010 in a retreat with the title "Lhalung Sangdag". Although it is a short practice, it is different than Short Tun. He also gives the Lung at the end of every retreat.
There is a link for downloading the text in:
http://www.freezecast.com/webcast/index ... G_May_2010
It does not seem to work for me now, but I remember I had downloaded it in the past.
I think you can ask the Gar or Ling which is near you for receiving the text of this practice.
It doesnt work for me either, but then again Freezecast never really works for me.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Nangwa wrote: It doesnt work for me either, but then again Freezecast never really works for me.
It was working fine once upon a time.... :techproblem:
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

I tried to download it too but no success. Too bad it cant be inserted into the short thun like Dorje Drolo and done in an essential way...oh well. This is actually for my son who listened to Rinpoches webcast and got the transmission. He is adamant that he do Vajrapani practice because he says he had a long dream about him in his wrathful form. I got the booklet but it is quite extensive for a beginner. I will be getting the CD/MP3 as soon as I can for him. Thanks for your help everybody.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Why can Dorje Drolo be included in the Tun practice and not Vajrapani?
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Lhug Pa-I dont know...maybe it can...Im just not sure and dont want to tell my son that its ok to do that when I dont know for sure..perhaps there is someone out there who has been with Rinpoche for a long time and is familiar with this practice to say one way or another.
ratna

Post by ratna »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Why can Dorje Drolo be included in the Tun practice and not Vajrapani?
It can. In the old days, Tun used to be done with Vajrapani. Use the mantra that has three words.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Why can Dorje Drolo be included in the Tun practice and not Vajrapani?
Because any practice must always be connected with transmission. I have not received the transmission for doing Tun with Vajrapani, so I cannot invent anything.
Last years, Rinpoche is transmitting Vajrapani through "Lhalung Sangdag", and Tun with Guru Dragpur and Sinhamukha.
I think that in the old days, Tun was with Guru Dragpo and in older days with Vajrapani.
But practitioners can ask Rinpoche himself for clarifying such questions.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Thanks Fa Dao, and Ratna, and Dronma.

Dronma, regarding what you said in your previous post, the only objection I have is that if we have at least the Lung's for both the Tun practice and a/the necessary Mantra(s) of Vajrapani, AND we happen to know that Vajrapani can be included in the Tun practice; then we are not inventing a practice, as all of the elements are there for being able to include Vajrapani in the Tun practice, yes? In fact, I think I've even read/heard Rinpoche mention that we can do so, yet am not 100% sure.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Thanks Fa Dao, Ratna, and Dronma.

Dronma, regarding your previous post, the only objection I have, is that if we have at least the Lung's for both the Tun practice and a/the Mantra(s) of Vajarpani, AND we happen to know that Vajrapani can be included in the Tun practice; then we are not making up a practice, as all of the elements are there for being able to include Vajrapani in the Tun practice, yes? In fact, I think I've even read/heard Rinpoche mention that we can do so, yet am not 100% sure.
Lhug-Pa, I would not do that if I was not 100% sure, because for me this is like inventing. But I am very cautious and austere with practice....
So, you better ask Rinpoche for his permission. :namaste:
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Fair enough. If this ever becomes an issue for me then I will consider your words here Dronma. :anjali:
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Ratna-cool, thanks for the info. Kind of what I suspected but wanted to make sure.
tarchin

Post by tarchin »

JinpaRangdrol wrote:Yeah, I started translating the short sadhana from the TBRC, but then I got busy and a bit lazy. lol. I finally found somebody who has a translated copy, so I'm just waiting to get that from her. I can pass it along if y'all PM me!
As a community member from the bowels of the Sth Pacific , New Zealand ,i was very interested in this practise on the webcast .Would be very happy to obtain a copy of the short sadhana translated ..Thanks ...
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Dronma wrote:
First of all, we have to be sure that we understand well what is really Guru Yoga! For this reason, I suggest the book "Guru Yoga" by ChNN, Shang Shung Edizioni 2011. But be careful, for being able to read it, you have to receive first transmission from Rinpoche!
where do you find that? I didn't find it on the online shangshung.org store
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Hi Adamantine

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The North American store doesn't seem to keep as many items in stock as Shang Shung Italy, UK, and Austria.
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”