One venue for charitable donations for earthquake vicitims

ronnewmexico

One venue for charitable donations for earthquake vicitims

Post by ronnewmexico »

I have vowed to not post on this site for six months or possibly ever. I now break that vow and suffer the karmic consequences of any such breakage, for what I consider good purpose.

There are undoubtably many charitable efforts being made here, in the West, as this involves religious communities. But as I currently see no statement on where to specifically send donations, I have provided one I am familiar with. Hopefully the good people who run this site will have no objection to this posting.

A quote from Vajra Vidya retreat centers email......

"In response Thrangu Rinpoche's resident Lamas and Khenpos around the world are
making plans to go to Tibet to support the monastery, the monks, and the villagers.
The Vajra Vidya Retreat Center in Crestone's own resident lama Khenpo Jigme is
one of the Lamas going to help. We have set up an account for donations to help restore
the monastery and surrounding villages which is covered under Vajra Vidya's nonprofit status
and thus tax-deductible. Every cent raised will go directly to Thrangu Rinpoche's monastery
and to the villagers of that area.Please respond as generously as you are able ...
and dedicate the merit.

Cheques should be written to: Thrangu Monastery Tibet
Relief, and sent to Vajra Vidya Retreat Center, POB 1083, Crestone CO 81131.

You can also go to the website vajravidaya.myevent.com and make a
paypal donation there."

Thank you for your help and your prayers.

Khenpo Jigme and Ani Seltong at Vajra Vidya Retreat Center"
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: One venue for charitable donations for earthquake vicitims

Post by ronnewmexico »

The initial address for paypal was apparently incorrect....

"For those wanting to make a donation via PayPal, the link is now up, and
is accessed from the home page of the summer retreat website:
http://www.vajravidya.myevent.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. There is a link specifically for earthquake
relief there."

From their email.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
muni

Post by muni »

:namaste: Haiti, Chili, Kham Tibet.......To realize what concern others is our concern.

No other far away of my bed place is farther away than from my heart. In interdependency warm heart cannot be underestimated but is included in the price.

You come back for the welfare of others. :group:
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA
muni

Post by muni »

Dharamsala, April 22: The 17th Gyalwang Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorjee Thursday said a visit by His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Kyegudo would prove useful in comforting people devastated by last week’s earthquake.

“It is His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s wish to visit the quack-hit areas to comfort the victims. And is is my hope and confidence that a visit by His Holiness or, by an emissary of His Holiness can truly help in easing the suffering of the Kyegudo people,” Karmapa said.

“Such a visit can help people in Kyegudo to overcome the tragic disaster,” Karmapa added.

Karmapa, one of the highest ranking reincarnate lamas in Tibetan Buddhism,was speaking to a group of Tibetan media after presiding over a special prayer service organised by the Gyuto Tantric Monastic University here for the earthquake victims.

The monastic University today announced a donation of Rs. 111,111 and its monks have contributed an additional collective sum of Rs. 45,000 towards the earthquake relief measures.

Karmapa also offered condolences and prayers to the victims of the earthquake and expressed respect and admiration for the solidarity and mutual assistance displayed by all sections of Tibetans both in and outside Tibet towards the relief efforts.

“It is with great sadness that we learnt of the devastating earthquake that hit Kyegudo on April 14 causing immense loss of life and damage to property,” the Karmapa said.

“I would like to express deep sympathy and condolences to the people of Kyegudo on this unprecedented tragedy,” the 24-year old spiritual leader, who arrived in India after escaping Tibet in 2000, added.

Karmapa said he would continue to uphold the victims and survivors of the earthquake in his prayers, and expressed hope that the quack-hit areas would return to normal soon.

Karmapa’s office had earlier announced a donation of US$200,000 towards the earthquake relief works.

“It’s my hope and prayer that the people of Kyegudo can surely overcome the disaster and will find great reserves of strength to rebuild their lives and homes,” Karmapa said, before folding his hands to once again engage in a deeply meditative prayer with a huge congregation of monks in the Ramoche Temple of the Gyuto Tantric Monastic University here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKHTTkMswg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA

Return to “Kagyu”