YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Relaxing and unfocusing - Dhamma Wheel

Relaxing and unfocusing

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
m0rl0ck

Relaxing and unfocusing

Postby m0rl0ck » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 pm

These podcasts seemed to be of benefit in my practice today and i think the ideas therein might be of lasting benefit. The speaker mentions that any method is in itself a limiting concept and that many would develop more awareness in their practice if they loosened up a bit. I would be interested to read the thots of those that listen to the podcasts linked below.

Part 1 http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/2010/08/bg ... editation/

Part 2 http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/2010/08/bg ... editation/
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

Anicca

Re: Relaxing and unfocusing

Postby Anicca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:13 am

Howdy m0rl0ck!

Does that sort of agree with the podcasts you point to?

Metta
Last edited by Anicca on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0rl0ck

Postby m0rl0ck » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:50 am

“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

Anicca

Postby Anicca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm

I read both complete transcriptions before posting. I thought my post graciously met your request for "thots of those that listen to the podcasts linked below"

Sorry to mess up your thread - i'll go away.

Metta

Return to “General Theravāda Meditation”