Cosmic Tantra.

Distorted

Re: Cosmic Tantra.

Post by Distorted »

Tewi wrote:Now that I think about it, there is one issue that might have some political relevance. You have to understand that up to a point in the 1990's, a lot of mainstream Gelugpa worshipped a certain deity who is now verboten.

Define Worship, if you would please?
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

I would like to stop the discussion here and point out section 4 of the Terms of Service. This discussion is getting perilously near subjects that can suddenly ignite into angry, bitter fighting. For that reason, certain controversies are not discussed here, and in practice we don't even go near them.

I would advise those who wish to continue not to put much effort into their posts, since they are likely to be removed from the board.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

catmoon wrote:I would like to stop the discussion here and point out section 4 of the Terms of Service. This discussion is getting perilously near subjects that can suddenly ignite into angry, bitter fighting. For that reason, certain controversies are not discussed here, and in practice we don't even go near them.

I would advise those who wish to continue not to put much effort into their posts, since they are likely to be removed from the board.

"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
Tewi

Post by Tewi »

My apologies.
Define Worship, if you would please?
I'm not sure how. That sounds like a good anthropological question.

Return to “Gelug”