Thrangu monastery has been destroyed leaving 30 monks dead

Sonam Wangchug

Thrangu monastery has been destroyed leaving 30 monks dead

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Just thought i'd let everyone know, that the Karma kagyu monastery Thrangu monastery has been destroyed after years of building. Check out the prayer thread for more info.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Sönam

Re: Thrangu monastery has been destroyed leaving 30 monks dead

Post by Sönam »

It is hard ...

May all who went beyond found a peaceful place,

All is perfect, I cannot pretend it's the other way,
May this disaster stick Chinese and Tibetan together,
May the world turn his head on them,
May a new dawn rise on Tibet

_/\_
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Sonam Wangchug wrote:Just thought i'd let everyone know, that the Karma kagyu monastery Thrangu monastery has been destroyed after years of building. Check out the prayer thread for more info.

How reliable is that news?? Does it mean the one in Nepal ?? I can't find any reference to it, in Buddhist channel or other buddhist news pages. What is your source ??
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
heart

Post by heart »

http://www.thranguemergency.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks dependable enough to me.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Alaya7

Post by Alaya7 »

no is is over 80 monks dead found the nunnery is still in tackt so all the monks alive moved to the nunnery
Prayers and greatly apreciated
Alaya7

Post by Alaya7 »

now it is over 1300 people dead and many monks and people injured donations are greatly apreeciated and awarness about the situation Thank you very much

Return to “Kagyu”