Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

florin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by florin »

Can someone PM me with the short invocation of Odzer Chenma and her mantra?
I would appreciate it.

There is a possible change in circumstance and this would help me a lot.

Thank you.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Namdrol wrote:
Lhug-Pa wrote:Is a Damaru necessary for the condensed Mandarava practice?
No. Not needed for long one either.
Then it's an aid, but not a necessity for the practice...:
Dronma wrote:...http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webc ... ricted.php
There is also Mandarava Practice Audio and Video there....

...The difficult part comes when you have to learn the visualization, the melody, the tune of damaru and bell, the mudras... not to mention the chudlen, the breathing etc....
And I just realized why audio/video wasn't working before; because I was on a iPhone.

Anyway, $20 at Snowlion Pub.:

http://www.snowlionpub.com/html/product_953.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems fair, as Snowlion usually has high quality items, for the price at least.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Nangwa wrote:
Mr. G wrote:Did I mishear on the webcast today, or did Rinpoche mention there was a CD or DVD with the pronunciation of mantras for all the practices he gave teachings on in the past? I didn't see this in the bookstore. For example, I didn't see a CD or DVD for with the pronunciation for the two mantras of Avalokitesvara Korwa Tongtrug.
You heard right Mr. G.
The impression I got was that it contains just about everything Rinpoche has transmitted with the exception of Drolo.
Couldn't find it, but found this:

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the Shang Shung stores will soon be able to restock more; they're all running low on many books and such.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

The everyday practice of dzogchen is just everyday life itself. Since the undeveloped state does not exist, there is no need to behave in any special way or attempt to attain anything above and beyond what you actually are. There should be no feeling of striving to reach some "amazing goal" or "advanced state."
To strive for such a state is a neurosis which only conditions us and serves to obstruct the free flow of Mind. We should also avoid thinking of ourselves as worthless persons - we are naturally free and unconditioned. We are intrinsically enlightened and lack nothing.

- Dilgo Khyentsé Rinpoche -
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Lhug-Pa wrote: Couldn't find it, but found this:

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the Shang Shung stores will soon be able to restock more; they're all running low on many books and such.
Yeah, I have that book. It's somewhat helpful.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Mr. G wrote:

Drajyor is indispensable for being able someone to pronounce the Tibetan language according to the transliteration that exists in Dzogchen Community books of practices. :thumbsup:
I am also interested on the CD with all the mantras. I think Shang Shung should provide also the option for online downloading of the CDs - after payment, of course! There is no special reason to distribute only through post, since most people could directly download and also earn the mailing cost! What do you think? :smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Dronma wrote:There is no special reason to distribute only through post, since most people could directly download and also earn the mailing cost! What do you think? :smile:
I think it's the only way to go for the future. This includes books that could be downloaded in PDF format. No store will ever run out of stock on any item.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
justin.hudgins

Post by justin.hudgins »

What is the CD containing the melodies of all these mantras and practices?

Is it the Ritual Melodies CD?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

justin.hudgins wrote:What is the CD containing the melodies of all these mantras and practices?
There isn't one.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
justin.hudgins

Post by justin.hudgins »

Didn't Rinpoche mention a CD at the end of the last webcast?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

justin.hudgins wrote:Didn't Rinpoche mention a CD at the end of the last webcast?
Yes, that's what we were discussing. I think what he was referring to were practices that already had a CD/DVD to go along with them.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
justin.hudgins

Post by justin.hudgins »

Ah, alright. That makes sense. Thanks!
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Dronma wrote:
Mr. G wrote:

Drajyor is indispensable for being able someone to pronounce the Tibetan language according to the transliteration that exists in Dzogchen Community books of practices. :thumbsup:
I am also interested on the CD with all the mantras. I think Shang Shung should provide also the option for online downloading of the CDs - after payment, of course! There is no special reason to distribute only through post, since most people could directly download and also earn the mailing cost! What do you think? :smile:
That would be a good idea.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dear all,

Due to heavy snowfall, at Merigar both telephone and internet connections are down, therefore our communications and order shipping will be delayed accordingly until a normal situation is reached.
Please don't be surprised if you don't get answers or ordered goods for a while.
Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Shang Shung Institute - Merigar
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mr. G wrote:
Dronma wrote:There is no special reason to distribute only through post, since most people could directly download and also earn the mailing cost! What do you think? :smile:
I think it's the only way to go for the future. This includes books that could be downloaded in PDF format. No store will ever run out of stock on any item.
This works well for peoplee like TOny Duff. The only problem linked to this is the unauthorised distribution to people who shouldn't have the material, either because they don't have the initiation or because they're simply nicking it.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Paul wrote:
Mr. G wrote:
This works well for peoplee like TOny Duff. The only problem linked to this is the unauthorised distribution to people who shouldn't have the material, either because they don't have the initiation or because they're simply nicking it.
Yes, you're right. I already see them out there. :(

I think if the prices were lowered, like how Steam runs their video game business, this may halt piracy by just having people join as members. Just a thought.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
florin

Post by florin »

Is there a connection between natural disasters and spirits of that place?

I heard CNNR saying something about the fact that if there are lots of problems in a country that is to do with local guardians...being provoked or something like that.
I wonder if that is true when it comes to natural disasters?
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

alpha wrote:Is there a connection between natural disasters and spirits of that place?
Yes.
florin

Post by florin »

I understand that for a dzogchen practitioner having some concrete experience based on their practice is very important.
But one needs to know whether these experiences are errors or something which is natural and expected if certain practices are employed.

What is the way of gaining some clarity as to what is happening?

Somebody was sugesting that before going any further one should eliminate any possible material causes to these experiences by checking whether they are in good health or having an ear or eye exam for example....
krodha

Post by krodha »

alpha wrote:I understand that for a dzogchen practitioner having some concrete experience based on their practice is very important.
But one needs to know whether these experiences are errors or something which is natural and expected if certain practices are employed.

What is the way of gaining some clarity as to what is happening?

Somebody was sugesting that before going any further one should eliminate any possible material causes to these experiences by checking whether they are in good health or having an ear or eye exam for example....
A qualified teacher should be able to give some sound advice...

but what types of experiences? Visions? Heat? Energetic movement? Vibrations?

some of it you'll just have to use deductive reasoning etc... like if you're seeing continual spots in your eye it could be cataracts or if you see constant yellow tinges it could be glaucoma, big stuff like if you feel you're losing vision, going blind, things are continually more blurry over time, those are things you need to worry about... but other than that there isn't much else and if you're experiencing visions while doing practices geared toward that... that's what's going on I'm sure.

Same with increased energy movements and heat/vibrations.

Some experiences can be kinda wild! But just stay relaxed and let it happen

remember experiences are usually signs that you're doing something right, but don't become attached to the experience! Take an almost indifferent attitude... when an experience arises that's out of the ordinary just treat it like any other "normal" arising... for example if you see a vision just relax and treat it like seeing a stop light turn from red to green, just a simple appearance.

There's certain texts that can give a rough outline of progress, I think "The Practice Of Dzogchen" by Tulku Thondrup was mentioned on here before... there's a rough outline in the back section

but always remember everyone is different and everyone is going to have different experiences, in some practices there's definitive signs of progress and in some it's really conditional to the individual.

it's sort of the type of thing where you'll definitely know more often than not.

Return to “Dzogchen”