Silly, I know. But I'm now a Mac user and very pleased!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Silly, I know. But I'm now a Mac user and very pleased!

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

I know this is really materialist and silly of me. But I mentioned recently that my laptop is in the shop for about a month. For about 15 years I've been wanting a Mac, but never bought one because I just never wanted to spend that much money.

Well today I stumbled upon the Mac Mini. Wow! Everything I want at more than 1/2 the cost reduced. I haven't plugged this puppy in yet, but I'm really eager. I'm a computer geek, and this little thing is so nice and compact that I can simply put it up on a shelf on the wall so my little girl can't continue wrecking my computers! And it seems to have all the normal features that come with a Mac. I'm most looking forward to finally having a stable machine that won't crash and runs on Linux. And they simply don't make viruses for Macs; they don't exist.

So my computer time will be so fun now! Since I spend at least 1+ hours of the day on the 'puter, it was time to upgrade. Some people are much lighter users than that, but I use the Internet for all sorts of stuff, including reading a lot of e-books about dharma, keep track of appointments and my life, keeping up with friends, graphic stuff with family pics and albums, e-contact with friends and family (who I never seem to call), and so on. So it will pay for itself in no time I'm sure!

Anyhoo, that's my little excitement for today. Like I said, I know it's sort of worldly and materialistic to be so pleased about a thingy, but really, it's been so many years that I've wanted a decent stable machine that I can't help but share my joy :)

What kinds of operating systems and what kinds of computers are you all using?

Best,
Laura
shel

Re: Silly, I know. But I'm now a Mac user and very pleased!

Post by shel »

Welcome to the Apple world, :tongue: I'm sure you'll like it better than what you were using.

You could almost do all the stuff that you mention on a iPad. Might consider switching. It's less expensive also.
plwk

Re: Silly, I know. But I'm now a Mac user and very pleased!

Post by plwk »

I always thought that only Arhats can use a Mac.... :tongue:

Return to “Lounge”