Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Stephen

Greetings

Post by Stephen »

Hey all. My name is Stephen, and I'm a relatively new Buddhist; I've only considered myself one for about 3-4 months now. I'm not attached to any particular school and consider them all to be worthy of respect and all with the knowledge of the way to liberation.

I have previously posted on DhammaWheel.com, but did not know that DharmaWheel.net even existed. I'm well disposed toward the Bodhisattva ideal and could not imagine gaining full enlightenment without the intention of helping to liberate others. Since I study all teachings, I've found that I can answer more questions that are posed and have a deeper understanding of the totality of Buddhist thought.

I created the first and only (as far as I know) e-mail service for Buddhists, which naturally is free given the Buddhist worldview and the fact that I really don't need the money that much. ;) I've named the site "BodhiBox", and it's located at http://www.BodhiBox.com. Since I've found this forum I have added it to the links section and labeled this forum as Mahayana to differentiate it from the other. If anyone would like a free account, just visit the site for the info to e-mail me. No strings attached, and because it's relatively new most of the usernames are still available. You'll likely even be able to use your first name like I did. :)

It seems there are many more Mahayanists than Theravadins, so I hope that I can add in some small way to the discussions and debates on this forum. If there's one thing I don't do often, it's speak-from-texts; in other words, I'll speak plainly from wisdom rather than just quoting what others have said. It's easier for me, easier to understand, and no one seems to agree on texts anyway lol.

I can only hope that I am welcome here, despite not labeling myself as of a particular school.

Sincerely,

Stephen
Universal Buddhist (or whatever)
Admin, BodhiBox.com
The "self", which is a construct of the mind, is non-self. It is not us, and we are not it. This self blinds us to reality; it is our Mara, our Satan, our Hades. Cast it out and behold the path to freedom.
(Visit http://www.BodhiBox.com for a free Buddhist e-mail account, while you're still attached to the 'net...)
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Greetings

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Stephen,

Welcome now to Dharma Wheel!

Out of interest, how did you find out about this place?

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Stephen

Re: Greetings

Post by Stephen »

Honestly I'm having difficulty trying to figure that out for myself. It seems like I must've read it somewhere but didn't think about it until I was updating my website. I think it must've been posted somewhere on DhammaWheel. Do you know if they have a link from there to here? I assumed these must be "sister sites" or something similar.
The "self", which is a construct of the mind, is non-self. It is not us, and we are not it. This self blinds us to reality; it is our Mara, our Satan, our Hades. Cast it out and behold the path to freedom.
(Visit http://www.BodhiBox.com for a free Buddhist e-mail account, while you're still attached to the 'net...)

Return to “Introductions”