ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

florin

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by florin »

Pero wrote:
alpha wrote:If one has lots of time does that mean that one should sound A 3 million times a day all day long?
If you like. Might be tough though. If you have a lot of time then it's better you alternate with song of the vajra.
If you are a dzogchen practitioner and you practice guru yoga of white A only as rinpoche sugests will this lead to the ultimate realization that of achieving rainbow body in this lifetime?
No, you need to practice longde, thogal or yangti for achieving rainbow body.
Ok....

Now this is another piece of a puzzle which Rinpoche never mentions...
He only says that if one wants total realization one should do guru yoga.

In six months of webcasts i have never heard rinpoche saying ,not even once ,that if one wants total realization one should start thogal ..or yangti etc...Why is that?

I am not trying to be difficult i am only trying to replicate the the essence of what he is been saying all this time..
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote: Now this is another piece of a puzzle which Rinpoche never mentions...
He only says that if one wants total realization one should do guru yoga.

In six months of webcasts i have never heard rinpoche saying ,not even once ,that if one wants total realization one should start thogal ..or yangti etc...Why is that?
I said that if you wanted to achieve rainbow body you have to practice thogal etc. This doesn't mean you can't achieve total realization without achieving the rainbow body. Rainbow body is a sign. Rainbow body = total realization but not necessarily total realization = rainbow body.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Anyone know what pages in Adzom Drugpa works from TBRC where the Drollo tsog is?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:Anyone know what pages in Adzom Drugpa works from TBRC where the Drollo tsog is?

/magnus
It is part of medium activity manual, and the feast itself starts on page 72.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Is there a booklet for this werdze Chenma (sp?) transimission he is giving?
Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

Sherlock wrote:Is there a booklet for this werdze Chenma (sp?) transimission he is giving?
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=132
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sherlock wrote:Is there a booklet for this werdze Chenma (sp?) transimission he is giving?
yup
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

The advice he is giving today is fantastic. A lot of detail about many things. I am not sure if these last days of retreat are usually available as replays due to the fact that the last day is mostly reading of lungs, but I hope this one is since there is pronunciation advice and practice advice, etc. which is hard to get all at once without being able to pause and rewind if necessary.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

padma norbu wrote:The advice he is giving today is fantastic. A lot of detail about many things. I am not sure if these last days of retreat are usually available as replays due to the fact that the last day is mostly reading of lungs, but I hope this one is since there is pronunciation advice and practice advice, etc. which is hard to get all at once without being able to pause and rewind if necessary.

Yes, generally they are.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Awesome.

BTW, I think I'm going to start doing Dorje Drolo instead of Guru Dragphur. He didn't say anything about it being dangerous that I heard.

I think I'm also going to start taking Bimala and doing Mandarava.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

padma norbu wrote:The advice he is giving today is fantastic. A lot of detail about many things.
:bow: :namaste:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Hey,

Has anyone made a complete list of all transmissions Rinpoche gave? I listened on my mobile whilst on the move....so was unable to write down.

Many thanks,

s
s.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

So which lungs did Rinpoche just give besides the usual ones from the tun book?

Odzer Chenma
Mandarava
Korwa Tongtrug
Gomadevi
Chod
Naga practice
Vajrapani

Did I miss any?
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sherlock wrote:So which lungs did Rinpoche just give besides the usual ones from the tun book?

Odzer Chenma
Mandarava
Korwa Tongtrug
Gomadevi
Chod
Naga practice
Vajrapani

Did I miss any?
Tara
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
heart

Post by heart »

Namdrol wrote:
heart wrote:Anyone know what pages in Adzom Drugpa works from TBRC where the Drollo tsog is?

/magnus
Thank you Namdrol! So from the the longer and shorter sadhanas and activity manuals Rinpoche is giving the essence of the concise daily practice?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Sönam wrote:
Sherlock wrote:So which lungs did Rinpoche just give besides the usual ones from the tun book?

Odzer Chenma
Mandarava
Korwa Tongtrug
Gomadevi
Chod
Naga practice
Vajrapani

Did I miss any?
Tara
Red Garuda

by the way, did I "get them" if I was just hearing them and had initially thought "I'll receive them all"? Just ask because I started typing on dharmawheel.net after a while and not really paying that close attention since I don't understand Tibetan. I pretty much only heard him say he was giving Odzer Chenma, Mandarava, Naga, Tara and Red Garuda. The rest I didn't even hear because I wasn't paying attention. My ears were open, though, and I heard sound. :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

/magnus
Thank you Namdrol! So from the the longer and shorter sadhanas and activity manuals Rinpoche is giving the essence of the concise daily practice?

/magnus
This another sadhana, called the rgyun khyer, page 133-135. This is what he again gave the short lung for today.

Then of course, one can do it in the short thun, etc., in all the ways rinpoche mentioned.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I don't think he gave Red Garuda. He was telling the story of how he received the Mandarava teachings and he said he was teaching Red Garuda to students before and they reported results with that and Amitayus and Medicine Buddha.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

He gave Red Garuda, Terma of Adzom Drugpa.
s.
florin

Post by florin »

It seems that the connection died completely...

Return to “Dzogchen”