Dharma Wheel Appreciation

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Distorted

Dharma Wheel Appreciation

Post by Distorted »

I would like to thank the users on this forum for assisting me in my questions of buddhism. I may not always ask the best questions and some may be trivial at times. Though the people on here have responded and have helped my understanding regardless if it is a good or trivial question to my goals. I am like a toddler right now in this subject learning how to walk. Though everyone here has been very supportive. I have also been reading other threads that have answered many other questions in mind. Thank you for taking the time to assist me and giving me direction.

:buddha1: :namaste:
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
catmoon
Former staff member

Re: Dharma Wheel Appreciation

Post by catmoon »

All thanks are the Buddha's due. Glad to see the board is working for you.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Distorted

Re: Dharma Wheel Appreciation

Post by Distorted »

catmoon wrote:All thanks are the Buddha's due. Glad to see the board is working for you.
True, yes this website has opened many more avenues for me. I have not taken refuge in the three jewels as of yet. When I have learned more and have a stable place to go too further in the middle way outside of the internet and books I shall do so. Though both media's I have utilized have been a big help.

:namaste:
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”