Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 am 

I am attempting to guide some to the realm of metta within a Transcendental Argument essay. I am looking to incorporate from various paths into the essay to aid the argument and even possibly guide one to the center. I am looking for quotes from any path that happens to coincide with these experiences. I'm not writing a book to make money or anything, it is free for anyone to use it.
An Objective Now
I believe there to be an inherent reality of what it means to be human on a level beyond the demand of objective scientific proof that utilizes an objective reality actually existing in the past. This is due to the implicit delay that characterizes any process of perceiving light. Looking through the eyes is objectively in the past even before the light becomes twice subjected to the interpretation and articulation of the mind. The delay is further extended by the cortex which has to manipulate the light to be sent as signals to the hypothalamus. Eventually the neurons begin a chaotic dance in an attempt formulate an interpretation of the past perceived light.

Humans have a conscious awareness that is unique to life on this planet. This awareness is often stuck, waiting for the light to go through the process of the brain. These signal's are often misinterpreted as coming from objective reality, in an attempt to define actuality. This precious awareness we all share is not bound by the light of the past. Awareness exists forever in the now, long before light is seen. Within us exists an impeccably, immovable objective now, that becomes a meeting place for the unstoppable, flowing of force of time.

Within many people's awareness exists, a residual self-image of what they think they are. They take on labels to sharply define what they imagine themselves to be. This imaginary self-image becomes more real when words like “himself and herself” aids to the structure condoning it. There is not really a separate self to own at all. Owning requires two individual things: one to do the owning and one to be owned.

Many are bound in this illusion perceiving itself as something separate from itself. As long as the awareness continues to perpetuate an imaginary self, it will remain remain trapped in the mind of the brain. The complexity of words often bring about many oxymoron’s that imply a separateness within oneself. Staring at a reflection in a mirror can be described as seeing that which is and is not. Simply by pointing this out one may often see the folly and drop the perpetuated state. The reflection is a construct without any inherent existence of its own. This the foundation in which every thought arises. The true nature of awareness is before any thought, let alone, knowing can take place.

We are now getting closer to experiencing an objective now first-hand. We now know that light must delayed from the actual now. So if we forgo using the light as a determining factor we can consider other senses or feelers to experience the elusive and truly objective now within the free awareness that all phenomena must arise. For this it must be understood that there has existed a concept of love for as far back as can be determined. Love is generally considered a subjective emotion. Yet when you think of someone you love there is a feeling of loves existence. The previously assumed divided self is not only thinking it owns itself and thoughts, but the owner of all phenomenal experience as well. This abstracted self assumes to take control over love to mold it into something that can be owned, as it is being interpreted through the awareness that is stuck in perpetual reflection. By freeing the awareness from the partitioned self or egoistic structure demanding of ownership, the free awareness can trace the feeling of love to the very roots.

Level with heart, in the center of the chest, manifests phenomena that when encompassed by free awareness, becomes the objective reality of now. By feeling love for someone close we can find where it is. This fleeting feeling becomes smothered by the possessive ego while being projected and subjected through the mind. By moving free awareness directly to the source, we can experience objectively that which occurs before the articulation of the mind. Any attempt to articulate the experience into words will be inherently flawed, as it is required to transverse the processes of the brain, being twice subjected.

Once love is encompassed within pure awareness, we can practice that feeling of love for oneself. This love is unbound in pure awareness without limit and occurring in the objective now that can be freely radiated outward to include the entire universe without exception. When the love which is going forever outward begins returning, it may become obvious that it is not a part of you. Instead, you realize that you are a part of it. You are not only sending it everywhere, but it is returning as everything includes you. There is a resonance that is interwoven through quantum entanglement to create the collective heart of humanity in the perpetual now. Similar to the example of one who is perpetuating infinity in the past, yet perpetuating love objectively now, indefinitely.

Most if not all of the religions are pointing at this self-evident truth at its core. The little piece of heaven that is a drop of an endless ocean being within, yet not without. Because an objective reality can only be subjective in words,the attempted interpretations should be considered flawed. Even more so through translations and perspective. When one subjective interpretation is assumed to be an objective reality, it imposes and impedes this true revelation. The only path one can truly know is the one taken. When a single articulation is being assumed as an absolute on varying sides, there is a division that stems from a contradiction in terms. When the path one is on is also condoning this division in claims of its objectivity, it builds a false wall of assumptions that are rooted in subjective reality assumed objective.

The funny thing is that they are all right and wrong at the same time. What they are pointing at is not what they are claiming. Yet the words or even thoughts of it are seemingly in the past. This seeming reality is also slightly flawed. The free awareness does not need to be in one location. This can be seen even when the feeling of love is owned by and through the self-constructed ego. There was a synergy created between the mind and heart to have claim. The same can be done with the pure awareness to again develop a synergy yet free from the trap of perpetuating a separate self.

Pure awareness is the foundation in which now resides. By ceasing to assume that we are or that we know anything can more truth of human reality begin to be uncovered. The objective realitys mentioned within are a few, among many. The quantum paradoxes are existing in a now and being seen and interpreted in the past. So without further delay, may your love reign free in an unbound pure awareness that is most definitely and objectively existing now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 am 
Site Admin

If you're asking people to go find quotations that help you prove a point or explain a position you wish to make, then you might have better results if you offer to pay them for their labor. Research may not be glamorous, but it is a profession.

:reading:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:51 am 

I don't believe info is worth money, I have always freely given it and respect the same. I am not asking for academic level critique, only things that people have found to be true within that they may have already correlated with various texts, as I have been doing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 am 

It appears that throughout Buddhism as a whole, I see semantical differences create broad crevices of division.

How much of what you believe do you actually know?

I was thinking of the the term Arhat, that is apparently an individual who accepts "Greed and Desire"? I am under the impression that to grok the heart center inherently creates a desire to want to help others. So where do the arhats go wrong? The only thing that I can think of is that the teaching is incomplete or metta has yet to have been fully realized without the inference of ego.

So what fault is it of the student if the teaching leads them to this "state" ? It would be logical to deduce the the teaching that caused such a thing is at fault.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 am 

teknix wrote:
I was thinking of the the term Arhat, that is apparently an individual who accepts "Greed and Desire"? I am under the impression that to grok the heart center inherently creates a desire to want to help others. So where do the arhats go wrong? The only thing that I can think of is that the teaching is incomplete or metta has yet to have been fully realized without the inference of ego.

Arhat's don't "go wrong". They choose personal enlightenment as opposed to enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.

Quote:
So what fault is it of the student if the teaching leads them to this "state" ? It would be logical to deduce the the teaching that caused such a thing is at fault.

It's not a "fault" to be an Arhat....it is an option.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:18 am 

It is not an option within the purity of love, it is but an effect of that realization. Otherwise the realization must be incomplete.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:21 am 

It seems more like accepting failure that the complete realization will not be realized. I don't think Arhat is any different than a bodhi, they are just different stages of spiritual evolution.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:32 am 

teknix wrote:
It is not an option within the purity of love,

That's from a Phil Collins song right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 am 

I don't know, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 am 

teknix wrote:
It seems more like accepting failure that the complete realization will not be realized. I don't think Arhat is any different than a bodhi, they are just different stages of spiritual evolution.

In one sentence you denigrate Arhats as failures who can't reach enlightenment, and in the next sentence you state they are on a different stage of spiritual evolution. Nice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 am 

teknix wrote:
I don't know, is it?

Perhaps. After all I can feel it coming in the air tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 am 

Well, it seems to be termed "Arhat" one must first accept an inability to complete metta? And / or then moving on without that realization? It would seem pointless and/or impossible imo.

Post subject: teknix's Views
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 am 

All tools necessary are already existing within. Awareness can be guided toward these "tools" to uncover, but the actual uncovering can only be done by you.

Many times seekers are more independent along the spiritual path, and conflict with general teachings due to a higher aptitude and deeper understanding.

You have the internet, there isn't much social interaction required. With the proper aptitude and never assuming, only knowing and then realizing, you can solo the journey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 am 

Arhatship is but one stage on the path to the ultimate result, Buddhahood.
Shaun :namaste:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 am 
Former staff member

Besides, if you ever met an Arhat, say, maybe Ajahn Chah, the compassion would be amazing and nearly perfectly developed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 am 

Then what makes him an Arhat if he is interacting and projecting loving kindness? I really do not see the "choice".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 am 
Former staff member

I don't know what you mean.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 am 

catmoon wrote:
I don't know what you mean.

Mr. G said that he is "choosing" to be an Arhat, when, where, how even is this a choice? If metta is fully realized, there is not a choice about wanting others to realize this as well, that is part of the effect of the realization.

The only way that an Arhat makes sense to me is as a stage of a spiritual sort of mitosis, not a person or choice?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 am 
Former staff member

Ah I see. Maybe it just comes down to semantics and labelling. It does seem clear that the path of solitude has been fruitfully pursued for a very long time. But you can always argue about someone's attainments, which is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 am 

catmoon wrote:
Ah I see. Maybe it just comes down to semantics and labelling. It does seem clear that the path of solitude has been fruitfully pursued for a very long time. But you can always argue about someone's attainments, which is unfortunate.

Yes it is. I am seeking understanding, I am not intending to discredit anyone. I am sharing the perspective which is being perceived in hopes that one may infer recognition from an altering perspective providing insight into that path, or idea.

I am not sure if my understanding of Arhat is ever going to be correct and realize that it is likely flawed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next