Another accident

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
catmoon
Former staff member

Another accident

Post by catmoon »

Tonight there was another major accident here, just a block away. It was bad, nobody walked away. They all left on stretchers, and it looked like one may not have made it. All kids, five or six of them, roaring home at bar closing time.

Om bekhandze bekhandze maha bekhandze radza samungate soha
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Another accident

Post by kirtu »

May all beings be protected from accidents. May all beings think carefully and clearly before engaging machines that they know could harm them or others! May the people in Catmoon's postings recover quickly, be well, help and nurture others and learn from their mistakes.

OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM AH RA PA TSA NA DHI
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

More info. Two dead, one critical and may lose both legs.

Shortly after the bars closed, a fellow in a van pulled out into oncoming traffic to pass at very high speed in a 50 km/h zone, striking an oncoming small car so hard the engine flew from the car. The driver of the van was killed, the driver of the car is the one who may lose her legs or die, and a passenger in the car was killed. All the others were carried from the scene on stretchers. One was released from hospital within 12 hours.

Apparently all those involved in the crash were under the age of 20.
Bhavana

Post by Bhavana »

I just read somewhere today that approx 4000 teenagers each year die in car accidents that result from drinking. Very sad. I remember being in that age range, you just don't think anything bad will ever happen to you. My thoughts are with these kids and their families.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Bhavana wrote:I just read somewhere today that approx 4000 teenagers each year die in car accidents that result from drinking. Very sad. I remember being in that age range, you just don't think anything bad will ever happen to you. My thoughts are with these kids and their families.
After a near miss as a young girl jumped a traffic light and headed for pedestrians, the old man crossing the road at the same time as me remarked:

'You know, the real problem is that they don't have the imagination to see mangled bodies and severed limbs'.

I wish many times that I had not seen such things, but after seeing a child pulped in one 4-death crash (2 drunk teen boys) I went out and bought a huge Volvo to protect my kids. I'm not sure even now, as I mindfully watch my emotions, that I could forgive a drunk or fired-up teen if they killed my kids - yet 35 years ago, I was just as reckless about driving myself.

I wonder if seeing blood and guts in real life would have an effect - guess you can't generalise.

Most aggressive driving I see now is by young women - no idea why but they seem to feature in most incidents I see these days.
They probably think old guys with grey beards, like me, are the worst!
Left
maybay

Post by maybay »

We wanted efficiency
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”