Hello.

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
MrPlatypus

Hello.

Post by MrPlatypus »

In most places it's a basic form of greeting, and usually how one starts a conversation with a stranger who may become a friend. :)

I am very new to the path, though I dabbled with it many years ago in high school. Since then I've been dabbling with assorted religions, and find myself back with my nose in the subject due to reading The Essential Dalai Lama. Tomorrow, when I get done with classes, I'm going to go and find another book by the Dalai Lama as, though I don't have much time to free read being in college, I will make the time for his works.

I couldn't tell you which sect I'm interested in, so view myself as a open minded on the subject. Would definitely have to say my interest is in the Mahayana facet, but since that's the only one I know, outside of a little Zen Buddhism, that's where I'll stick for now. It's not broken, no need to fix it!

Also, total side note- I know the Lotus Sutra is a topic has been covered here, but if anyone could provide me any information on a really good print version of it, I would appreciate it. I can only read so much on a laptop, and they lack the charm books have. (I like to read, my wife is an English major so we have books everywhere.)

Is nice to meet you all.
Christopher
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello.

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

Nice to meet you, Mr. P.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Christopher,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.

Return to “Introductions”