Hotei and Jesus.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Hotei and Jesus.

Postby Distorted » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:18 pm

I once saw a couple documentaries where Tibetan monks have commented that Jesus was a Bodhisattva maybe not so officially?? How many here believe that or know others of Tibetan Buddhism that my think this is a truth? Also ... Does Tibetan Buddhism see Budai as a significant figure as others father north of India and Tibet in far east Asia? I tried searching on google for these answers and got alot on Jesus but not so much Budai. Though many answers on Jesus were writers and monks, is that the final word on the subject?

Thank You,
- Distorted
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
Distorted

Re: Hotei and Jesus.

Postby Mr. G » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 pm

How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Distorted » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks Mr. G
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
Distorted

Postby Mr. G » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:41 pm

:thumbsup:
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Distorted » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh my, I read one page of "and again ... Jesus is a bodhisattva".

Mr. G, that had answered my question for Jesus and Budai. Clearly. Almost enough were maybe this thread should be deleted. :juggling:

I will take the good and the bad and have an open mind of both. :cheers:
Distorted

Postby Mr. G » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Distorted wrote:
Mr. G, that had answered my question for Jesus and Budai. Clearly. Almost enough were maybe this thread should be deleted. :juggling:

:thumbsup:

Thread locked.
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Return to Nyingma