A third candidate

Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: A third candidate

Post by Grigoris »

I just didn't want to use the same verb twice, that's also why I put the word "chosen" in apostrophes.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

No prob, Greg--just wanted the record to be clear. :namaste:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

.....and Karmapa doesn't 'live with the Dalai Lama' Karmapa lives at Gyuto in Sidhbari...the Dalai Lama lives in McLeod Ganj, about half an hour away.
s.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

samdrup wrote:.....and Karmapa doesn't 'live with the Dalai Lama' Karmapa lives at Gyuto in Sidhbari...the Dalai Lama lives in McLeod Ganj, about half an hour away.
Half an hour with what mode of transport EXACTLY!? A whole half an hour or 28 minutes and some seconds? Hmmmm...? :tongue:

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

It's India....so transport is by Rickshaw (nah, I don't think so).... Or Putt Putt? Or Jeep, with 26 other passengers, including six hanging off the back? Or maybe, by TaTA..

I love India.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I said about half an hour Greg :smile: my point was Karmapa doesn't live with the Dalai Lama.

ps. I love in India too, too hot for me in summer though.
s.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I love these things...

YesheDron'May

Post by YesheDron'May »

Why would HH The Dali Lama live with the Karmapa the chinese chose , Ise'nt he a fake Karmapa ??????
Josef

Post by Josef »

YesheDron'May wrote:Why would HH The Dali Lama live with the Karmapa the chinese chose , Ise'nt he a fake Karmapa ??????
The Chinese didnt choose him and he doensnt live with the Dalai Lama.
Last edited by Josef on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I reckon that people really need to kill the Karmapa that lives inside their head!
(apologies to the Situationist International)
It's the only way for them to actually see the Karmapa.

Ösel

Post by Ösel »

gregkavarnos wrote:I reckon that people really need to kill the Karmapa that lives inside their head!
(apologies to the Situationist International)
It's the only way for them to actually see the Karmapa.
:thumbsup:
Ditthe ditthamattam sute sutamattam mute muta mattam vinnate vinnata mattam
sherabpa

Post by sherabpa »

The thing about this guy Dawa Sangpo is that he was born in 1977, four years before the H.H. 16th Karmapa died. This obviously disqualifies him from being a genuine candidate.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

The previous Dudjom Rinpoche, Jigdral Yeshe Dorje, was born several years before Dudjom Lingpa died. That didn't disqualify Him. Within the tulku system, this is a particular kind of tulku. Unfortunately, I don't remember the Tibetan name. Maybe someone else can supply it.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

Emanation before the passing away of the predecessor (ma-dhey tulku)

Usually a reincarnation has to be someone’s taking rebirth as a human being after previously passing away. Ordinary sentient beings generally cannot manifest an emanation before death (ma-dhey tulku), but superior Bodhisattvas, who can manifest themselves in hundreds or thousands of bodies simultaneously, can manifest an emanation before death. Within the Tibetan system of recognizing Tulkus there are emanations who belong to the same mind-stream as the predecessor, emanations who are connected to others through the power of karma and prayers, and emanations who come as a result of blessings and appointment.
http://www.dalailama.com/messages/tibet ... -statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

btw - great reading from H.H. about Tulku system
daelm

Post by daelm »

sherabpa wrote:The thing about this guy Dawa Sangpo is that he was born in 1977, four years before the H.H. 16th Karmapa died. This obviously disqualifies him from being a genuine candidate.
not necessarily. tulkus have been appointed before under similar circumstances.

d

Return to “Kagyu”