Naljor Prison Dharma Service

Alleviating worldly suffering along the way.

Naljor Prison Dharma Service

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 am

This is a special organization that works to bring the dharma to people in the prison system. In the past, I've personally purchased altar cards from them (very beautiful, by the way) in an effort to support their works financially, even if just a little. They have many downloadable and printable materials which you can have for personal use, to distribute to friends, or to take to people who are incarcerated. At their website is an explanation of who they are, what they do, and what you can do to help. Another little personal note from me about this too, is that the greatest of the six paramitas is giving, and the most valuable thing to give is the gift of the dharma :)

Click here for information about who they are, what they do, and how you can help: http://www.naljorprisondharmaservice.org/prisonservice.htm

Here are a couple of testimonials from their website:

Thank your for the Dharma Teaching Altar Cards. I found them to be very inspiring and soothing to the soul. I appreciate the time and effort you put into making these teachings available for inmates to uplift and enlighten our hearts, minds, and souls. J. W. - Custer, SD

I'm doing a 25 to life sentence and I can't find out what to do for my time to be easier...I would like to receive the collection of Altar Cards, "The Heart of Dharma." Thank you. - A. C. - Chowchilla, CA

Thank you for your light in a dark place. -D. R. - Grady, AK
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Engaged Buddhism