Yantra Yoga - 2 DVDs set

spanda

Yantra Yoga - 2 DVDs set

Post by spanda »

Today I have found this:

http://www.yantrayoga.org/store3/dvds/t ... ovement-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"THIS ITEM IS A 2 DVD SET. Movements covered in Level One: - Vairocana Posture - Warm Ups - The Nine Purification Breathings - Tsigjong: Loosening the Joints - Lungsang: Purifying the Prana - Tsadul: Controlling the Energy Channels - The Five Yantras of the First Series - Vajra Wave: Overcoming Energy Obstacles "

http://www.yantrayoga.org/store3/dvds/t ... ovement-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"THIS IS A 2 DVD SET. Movements covered in Level Two: - The Five Yantras of the Second Series - The Five Yantras of the Third Series - The Five Yantras of the Fourth Series - The Five Yantras of the Fifth Series - Rhythmic Breathing: Pranayama - Vajra Wave: Overcoming Energy Obstacles"

"This DVD series covers the full spectrum of Yantra Yoga. Each volume contains two discs: the first features detailed instruction in the movements, while the second is to follow during practice. Level One includes beginning instruction on the three preliminary series, as well as the First Series of Yantras. Specific attention is placed on the way to begin and end a practice session. Level Two, designed for those already proficient at the first level, includes instruction on the remaining four series of Yantras and the Pranayama of Rhythmic Breathing."

Have someone seen this DVD series? It is sad that "Each volume contains two discs: the first features detailed instruction"
Detailed instruction on ALL series of Yantra Yoga? If I have learned from an instructor, only the basis of Yantra Yoga (Warm Ups - The Nine Purification Breathings - Tsigjong, Lungsang, Tsadul), I can learn the rest of Yantra yoga (the five series) form this DVDs? It's to nice to be real...
dakini_boi

Re: Yantra Yoga - 2 DVDs set

Post by dakini_boi »

What qualifies a person to buy this dvd set? I have taken a weekend yantra yoga beginning class.
Pero

Post by Pero »

dakini_boi wrote:What qualifies a person to buy this dvd set? I have taken a weekend yantra yoga beginning class.
Anyone can buy it.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

spanda wrote: Detailed instruction on ALL series of Yantra Yoga? If I have learned from an instructor, only the basis of Yantra Yoga (Warm Ups - The Nine Purification Breathings - Tsigjong, Lungsang, Tsadul), I can learn the rest of Yantra yoga (the five series) form this DVDs? It's to nice to be real...

There are two different sets -- this covers everything up through first series of yantras; there is another CD which covers the rest.
spanda

Post by spanda »

Namdrol wrote:
spanda wrote: Detailed instruction on ALL series of Yantra Yoga? If I have learned from an instructor, only the basis of Yantra Yoga (Warm Ups - The Nine Purification Breathings - Tsigjong, Lungsang, Tsadul), I can learn the rest of Yantra yoga (the five series) form this DVDs? It's to nice to be real...

There are two different sets -- this covers everything up through first series of yantras; there is another CD which covers the rest.

I know. This is it, right?

http://www.yantrayoga.org/store3/dvds/t ... ovement-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spanda

Post by spanda »

I addressed this question because I thought that Yantra Yoga can be learned only if I attend retreats with yantra yoga instructors. Now I can learn by myself, using this DVDs, if I have the transmission?

Also: it is possible to replace with this system of yantra, another system of tsa-lung, connected with a tummo practice from another lineage/cycle of teachings?
I can practice this system of yantra yoga with tummo from a different cycle of teachings, with the same efficiency?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

spanda wrote:I addressed this question because I thought that Yantra Yoga can be learned only if I attend retreats with yantra yoga instructors. Now I can learn by myself, using this DVDs, if I have the transmission?

Also: it is possible to replace with this system of yantra, another system of tsa-lung, connected with a tummo practice from another lineage/cycle of teachings?
I can practice this system of yantra yoga with tummo from a different cycle of teachings, with the same efficiency?

Sure. why not.
spanda

Post by spanda »

Namdrol wrote:
spanda wrote:I addressed this question because I thought that Yantra Yoga can be learned only if I attend retreats with yantra yoga instructors. Now I can learn by myself, using this DVDs, if I have the transmission?

Sure. why not.
So, we can't say in any way that a specific system of yantra (from kalachakra, or Lamdre, for exemple), is better than this one, for tummo practice?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

spanda wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Sure. why not.
So, we can't say in any way that a specific system of yantra (from kalachakra, or Lamdre, for exemple), is better than this one, for tummo practice?
The best system is the one you will practice.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

this two-part series is meant as an inspiration to begin, renew, continue, and deepen daily yoga practice with qualified teachers.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
spanda

Post by spanda »

Namdrol wrote:
The best system is the one you will practice.

Nice :twothumbsup:
florin

Post by florin »

it has been said many times that without transmission any practice will only bring limited benefit.
Has any teacher of yantra yoga the power to give transission?
If not, then one will have to travel ,possibly, in order to receive transmission from rinpoche since he doesnt give transmission via webcast.

or he hasnt done so in the last six months to my knowledge.
Pero

Post by Pero »

alpha wrote:it has been said many times that without transmission any practice will only bring limited benefit.
Has any teacher of yantra yoga the power to give transission?
If not, then one will have to travel ,possibly, in order to receive transmission from rinpoche since he doesnt give transmission via webcast.

or he hasnt done so in the last six months to my knowledge.
You don't need a specific transmission for yantra yoga. Receiving direct introduction is enough. For people who aren't following the teachings Yantra Yoga will serve for their good health. And note that not everything is taught on these DVDs.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Pero, so then the question is...what isnt taught?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Pero

Post by Pero »

Fa Dao wrote:Pero, so then the question is...what isnt taught?
Kumbhaka and a bunch of pranayamas.
- Shabkar
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

But isnt kumbhaka and pranayama the heart of Yantra yoga? And theoretically couldnt one learn the 2 DVD's and then later get the full kumbhaka and pranayama teachings added in from one of the certified instructors?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Pero

Post by Pero »

Fa Dao wrote:But isnt kumbhaka and pranayama the heart of Yantra yoga?
For practitioners yes. But this is secret. But of course now you can read about it in the book. Though like I've mentioned before, you can't learn kumbhaka from a book. Perhaps you could if you learned and practiced the Yantras but I think it's better you attend a course where it is taught.
And theoretically couldnt one learn the 2 DVD's and then later get the full kumbhaka and pranayama teachings added in from one of the certified instructors?
Sure, why not.
- Shabkar
spanda

Post by spanda »

This could help?

http://www.yantrayoga.org/store3/dvds/b ... breathing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
florin

Post by florin »

is there a secret meaning of each posture in terms of deities,mandalas...etc?
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

I don't really understand the idea that it can't be learned from a video. If I took a class 1-on-1, I could easily imagine misunderstanding. You can learn kumbhaka in a single class. It may be recommended that you take a full weekend of Yantra Yoga instruction, but maybe you only have enough for 1 day. The instructor is not the student and no way could the instructor know whether or not the student is really doing it correctly, especially if the student is shy or something.

Learn here and go crazy (at your own risk, of course):
phpBB [video]
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Dzogchen”