Hello from the UK!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Zephyr

Hello from the UK!

Post by Zephyr »

Hi everyone,

I was directed here by a fellow poster on the Buddhism reddit, and it seems like a neat place so I figured I'd introduce myself. I've considered myself a Buddhist since roughly 2005, and although I have no specific affiliation to any organisation -- though I did attend a FWBO (now Triratna) centre for some time -- I find that the Kagyu teachings strike a particular chord with me. I like to read broadly, and have found a good number of Buddhist authors that I particularly like; to give just a couple of examples, although they're quite different, I appreciate the writings of both Chogyam Trungpa and Brad Warner.

I have not done much practice for a while, but I want to change that as part of a plan to make improvements to my life this year; however, I'm not sure what might be the best way to start. I understand that study is only going to get me so far by itself.

Outside of Buddhism, I have a pretty wide range of interests. I love art and music, and create both, usually using software. I also really enjoy video games. Both of these inspire reflection -- the idea of making images of something that doesn't really exist, or exploring an imagined world -- and so I get more out of them than entertainment or a little bit of self-expression. I'm interested in tai chi and iaido but again haven't practiced either in some time.

That's just a quick summary, anyway. I'm not sure what else to say!

--Zephyr
rose
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the UK!

Post by rose »

Hi Zephyr, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Zephyr wrote: reddit
Upvote
I find that the Kagyu teachings strike a particular chord with me.
Upvote
I love art and music, and create both, usually using software. I also really enjoy video games.
Upvote
Brad Warner
Downvote :lol:

Just kidding. Welcome Zephyr!

• How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Your not the Zephyr, are you?