Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Tenzin1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

He has at least done a clean-up and reorganization of his centers in france. We'll see what's next.
http://www.paldenshangpa.net/2011/04/li ... nes-again/ This is a follow-up to:
http://www.paldenshangpa.net/2011/04/br ... in-france/
Tenzin1
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Virgo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 am

To Pero,

We can use the gregorian calander because numbers are about energy. The gregorian date was always used as our birthdate and this is the energy which has accumulated, so the interpretations are fine.

Tsering927 wrote:
Virgo wrote:Kalu Rinpoche - September (9), 16'th 1990 - Karmic number 8.

9 + 1 + 6 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 0 = 35. 3 + 5 = 8



but, his birthday is Sept. 17, 1990 -- not the 16th. :)



He Tsering,

Woops!

But this leaves us with his Life path number as 9 -- extremely compassionate, focused on doing large scale good and being of help to people and his karmic number (from day number) as 8. So the 8 energy still applies very much via karmic number.

However, looks like Dechen deems this is off-topic, so after clearing that up we better stay on topic.

Thanks,

Kevin
User avatar
Virgo
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Globe

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby LunaRoja » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 am

http://www.paldenshangpa.net/2011/09/a- ... he-future/

This explains his plans for his monastery.
User avatar
LunaRoja
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am

Tsering927 wrote:Greg, I am a student of the previous Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche. I am a westerner. I do not represent Bokar Monastery, nor am I trying to represent the Monastery. I am just reporting what I have witnessed. I was in Mirik when Kalu Rinpoche entered the Retreat Jan 2005. I received the Wangs from Gyalsap Rinpoche in the Retreat Building with Rinpoche, the Retreatants, Rinpoche's family and a host of other westerners . I was in Mirik when HH Karmapa, Jamgon Kontrul Rinpoche and Gyalsap Rinpoche visited in OCT 2005 and NOV 2006. I saw HH, Jamon Kontrul Rinpoche and Gyalsap Rinpoche go into the Shangpa Retreat on both occasions to meet specifically with Kalu Rinpoche and the other retreatants. HH Karmapa was supposed to come again in 2007, but there was a Ghorkaland strike and the Indian Government wouldn't allow him to travel to Mirik. There are references to HH Karmapas visit to Mirik on the Kagyu Office Website. Kalu Rinpoche says in his video that no one cared about him while he was in retreat, so I think it is important to note that all the main Lineage Holders made the effort to visit Kalu Rinpoche in the Shangpa Retreat. Esp. Goshir Gyalsap Rinpoche who not only bestowed all the wangs and instructions, but who returned annually to support and instruct Kalu Rinpoche. And also, Tenga Rinpoche in 2006 or 2007.

Thank you for that information. It explains many of your statements. I can see now why the issue is of personal concern to you.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Sönam » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 am



While sitting in one of his favorite spots at Dagshang Kagyu, the terrace in front of the dining building, Rinpoché , inspired by the magnificence of the view and the heart quality of the Dharma center composed spontaneously a Song of New Year Wishes called "Tashi Deleg".

Sharing the text with his students, Rinpoché invited them to participate in the musical creation and within 24 hours a few musical versions emerged that deeply touched people in their heart and practice.

Of the two versions we share here the first is an more modern improvisation that Rinpoché spontaneously sang in one try. The second version, more classical, is based on an early melody creation of Rinpoché that was re-worked with Xavier , Dominique and Julia whose voice was chosen by Rinpoché . Rinpoché then made the final improvisation himself.

We would recommend that you listen to Version 1 first and then Version 2.

Rinpoché is happy to offer this Song for the New Year to all of his students world-wide. The lyrics can be found below. You all will be able to download these songs from iTunes once they have been cleaned up in a professional recording studio kindly offered for this purpose. We'll keep you posted.

Spontaneous Improvisation Version (Sound Track) : Tashi Delek 1

Tashi Deleg Tashi Deleg
(Khyabjé Kalu Rinpoché's wishes for tibetan lunar new year 2011)

Tashi Deleg Tashi Deleg,
You are my family,
Standing in front of me.
On this very special day,
in this very special place,
a place called Dagshang Kagyu,
I want to share my heart with you:
In our past lives and in this life
from this impermanent happiness
we have been suffering so much !
I don't want this to go on ,
I don't want this to go on ,
I don't want our future
to be the same as before.
From now on, it will not be the same!
I'll look for a great teacher ,
A great teacher that can lead me,
Lead me on the path,
Lead me to enlightenment.
A teacher like a doctor,
Like a lion, like a mother,
Like a brother, like a family,
bringing dharma right into our life.
A doctor who can give me the right medicine,
a medicine that can cure my mind.
A lion who will guide me .
guide me with full confidence.
A mother who will hold me,
hold my hand in hard times.
A brother to have fun with,
to have fun with once we know true Dharma.
I want to care, I want to help .
I want to help all beings.
They have suffered for so long.
They are all my family.
All buddhas, all great masters,
deities and protectors,
bless me with your care,
Bless me with your kindness,
bless me with your wisdom,
bless me with your love,
bless me with your heart ,
May I be a mother for all !
When I look at their sadness,
when I look at their pain,
when I look at their misery,
I cannot sit still, I cannot relax .
Bodhisatvas ! I need your help!
In this new year, please please,
let all my family be happy!
Those I know, those I haven't yet seen,
let them be free, let them be free !
Let love cover the world!
A love without attachment!
Let love cover the world
a love without attachment!
Happy New year, Happy new year,
Even as emptiness,
Still ... happy new year, happy new year!
Happy new year from my heart !
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Tsering927 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:09 pm

I am not Adele Wilde-Blavatsky, but I respect her point of view. After reading her blog, I thought I should make that clear. I am a western student of the previous Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche and I frequently visit Bokar Monastery. I wouldn't have elaborated, but I respect Greg's request to 'introduce' myself so that readers would have some sort of context and perspective of my motivation for posting these statements. My posts reflect my personal experience as Bokar Rinpoche's student and a frequent visitor to his Monastery.

I have received a few messages asking if I am 'Adele,' -- no, I am not.
It is said that you can tell whether someone has just eaten by how red his face is. Similarly, you can tell whether people know and practice the Dharma by whether it works as a remedy for their negative emotions and ego-clinging. --Jetsun Mila

The hungry are not satisfied by hearing about food; what they need is to eat. In the same way, just to know about Dharma is useless; it has to be practiced. --Jetsun Mila
User avatar
Tsering927
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby awildeb » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:24 am

Tsering927 wrote:I am not Adele Wilde-Blavatsky, but I respect her point of view. After reading her blog, I thought I should make that clear. I am a western student of the previous Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche and I frequently visit Bokar Monastery. I wouldn't have elaborated, but I respect Greg's request to 'introduce' myself so that readers would have some sort of context and perspective of my motivation for posting these statements. My posts reflect my personal experience as Bokar Rinpoche's student and a frequent visitor to his Monastery.

I have received a few messages asking if I am 'Adele,' -- no, I am not.


Hi Tsering927
I am Adele Wilde-Blavatsky
I came across your postings on this discussion today. Many thanks for them, it's good to see another voice challenging people to think and investigate more. What you say about his monastery and the Kagyu lineage lamas is very interesting as I am a Kagyu practitioner, having taken refuge with the 17th Karmapa in India in 2005. My main teachers are Thrangu Rinpoche and Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche. Slightly shocked that people thought you were me, but that shows how narrowsome people's thinking is on this issue. Although, I am also flattered that people thought I was you too because your posts are factual, intelligent and challenging the 'official' version of events given by Kalu Rinpoche, which is all I have ever tried to do. I have been accused of saying many things that I simply did not say but I do think the allegations are serious and public enough to warrant some kind of serious, independent and objective investigation (even if that is not done in a formal context). Why are so many of his students so fearful of this happening? They would demand it of any woman who accused people of rape on a public forum, the double standards are terrible. On top of that, he is a very senior figure in Tibetan Buddhism, so he must have known the confusion, pain and upset his allegations would also cause his followers, in particular, as you point out Tibetan monks.

My article which was published by Elephantjournal was deleted by Facebook after people complained it was in breach of their conditions. This is a serious breach and interference of my freedom of expression, especially as there is nothing I say in the article to justify such a removal. If the complaints came from Kalu Rinpoche or his students then this is also not a particularly good sign either. Don't cults try and restrict and remove criticism of their teachers? Here is the article for those who have not read it. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/01/ ... blavatsky/
awildeb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby kirtu » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:56 am

awildeb wrote:On top of that, he is a very senior figure in Tibetan Buddhism,


He is not a very senior figure in TB as the Shangpa lineage is not an institutional lineage (and not matter how great the Shangpa lineage is, it's a minor lineage). Secondly he's a very young man. As such, at 21, he is still a boy, albeit one who must grow up. The Peter Pan syndrome should not be imported from the West.

I hope he irons things out and becomes a very senior figure in Buddhism.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby MrDistracted » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:05 pm

kirtu wrote:
awildeb wrote:On top of that, he is a very senior figure in Tibetan Buddhism,


He is not a very senior figure in TB as the Shangpa lineage is not an institutional lineage (and not matter how great the Shangpa lineage is, it's a minor lineage). Secondly he's a very young man. As such, at 21, he is still a boy, albeit one who must grow up. The Peter Pan syndrome should not be imported from the West.

I hope he irons things out and becomes a very senior figure in Buddhism.

Kirt



Agreed. I guess one needs to consider whether someone becomes a 'very senior figure' before or after they have displayed some realisation and spiritual maturity. If it's before, then we can expect to have have plenty more dashed expectations for as long as we buy into the 'tulku system'.

Perhaps Kalu Yangsi is a great master displaying courageous Bodhisattva activity and bringing about much needed change, perhaps he's just another 21 year old emo with a huge amount of fans on Facebook. Or perhaps both. I personally would want to be more certain before I regarded him as a senior figure in Tibetan Buddhism.
Last edited by MrDistracted on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDistracted
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 pm

awildeb wrote:I am Adele Wilde-Blavatsky...
Sorry to say this Adele but the article you wrote was crap. Not for the viewpoint you espoused, but because you condemn Kalu Rinpoche for not producing any evidence regarding his sexual assault (and attempted murder) yet you provide no substantial evidence whatsoever for your own viewpoint. In the title you say that he may be a "capitalist conman", yet you provide no solid evidence (nor mention anywhere in the article) why you believe this may be the case. I think the term character assassination may be quite apt as a description of the nature of this article and I am surprised that nobody has slapped you with a law suit yet. As for the site you chose to publish your article on, I like how it asked me for money the second time I tried to open the article and reread it. Nice!
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Mr. G » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 pm

gregkavarnos wrote: As for the site you chose to publish your article on, I like how it asked me for money the second time I tried to open the article and reread it. Nice!


Well regarding this, she is not responsible for that. Elephantjournal is. Granted there's only like 5 good articles a year out of that site.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
User avatar
Mr. G
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Spaceship Earth

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Mr. G wrote:Well regarding this, she is not responsible for that. Elephantjournal is. Granted there's only like 5 good articles a year out of that site.
Yes, I know that she's not responsible for the sites policy :smile: I was just adding insult to injury (wouldn't want her to leave without the full set) :tongue:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby mañjughoṣamaṇi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:27 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:
awildeb wrote:I am Adele Wilde-Blavatsky...
Sorry to say this Adele but the article you wrote was crap. Not for the viewpoint you espoused, but because you condemn Kalu Rinpoche for not producing any evidence regarding his sexual assault (and attempted murder) yet you provide no substantial evidence whatsoever for your own viewpoint. In the title you say that he may be a "capitalist conman", yet you provide no solid evidence (nor mention anywhere in the article) why you believe this may be the case. I think the term character assassination may be quite apt as a description of the nature of this article and I am surprised that nobody has slapped you with a law suit yet. As for the site you chose to publish your article on, I like how it asked me for money the second time I tried to open the article and reread it. Nice!
:namaste:


I agree with the overall crap assessment, although the headline might have been written by an editor.

Given the history of Tibetan politics and the stories of sexual and physical abuse I have heard from several tulkus both publicly and privately, it wouldn't surprise me if the young Kalu Rinpoche's accusations were true.
སེམས་རྣམ་པར་གྲོལ་བར་བྱའི་ཕྱིར་བྱམས་པ་བསྒོམ་པར་བྱའོ།
“In order to completely liberate the mind, cultivate loving kindness.” -- Maitribhāvana Sūtra
mañjughoṣamaṇi
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby lisehull » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

mañjughoṣamaṇi wrote:
I agree with the overall crap assessment, although the headline might have been written by an editor.

Given the history of Tibetan politics and the stories of sexual and physical abuse I have heard from several tulkus both publicly and privately, it wouldn't surprise me if the young Kalu Rinpoche's accusations were true.


My question is simple - why are we doubting Kalu Rinpoche? Does he have anything to gain from lying? I don't think so.
:namaste:
Lise
lisehull
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 pm

lisehull wrote:My question is simple - why are we doubting Kalu Rinpoche? Does he have anything to gain from lying? I don't think so.
Lise, while it is good to be trusting it's not good to be ingenous and naive about the nature of Tibetan "Dharma" politics! When somebody cries rape, it is obviously good to give them the benefit of the doubt, but one still has to be intelligently cautious. The problem with Adele Wilde-Blavatsky was that her article did not provide any evidence. I am not going to ask an alleged rape victim to provide evidence, especially if there is no real reason to ask them to supply evidence, but if somebody wants to accuse the alleged victim of being deceitful, well, the onus of responsibility lies with the accuser to provide evidence of the deceit (as far as I am concerned).
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby conebeckham » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Aside from a vid on YouTube and some general comments, no one's provided any evidence, on either side of the issue. I'd recommend that too much talk or discussion isn't very productive use of our time.

However, I do think things happen in monasteries-to think otherwise is naive. So, regardless of the facts in this instance, perhaps a wake-up call is a good thing. Individuals should be held accountable, and institutions shouldn't enable or cover up......
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
User avatar
conebeckham
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby YesheDron'May » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 am

I was in Vancouver when he said all this Let me add a few things not in this video that he also said , He said that it was one of the monks that molested him and also that he was addicted to drugs in tialand . I wondered if temples are full of enlightened Lamas how this could happen to him ? Would'nt they be able to "see" all this going on ? Also when he was talking in Vancouver he said any Lama who demands or requires that a person bow or and stuff is a false Lama and that Lamas who insist on ceramony and stuff are false Lamas . ( not all but some ) He had a very pessamistic attitude . He said he did not beleave in insisting on any of that stuff sticking out the toungue or not pointing your toes n stuff , he made me feel very relaxed , I got to ask him how he thought I could best help my drug addicted daughter since he had experience himself and he said to "just love her" and by this I got the impression that he meant " to just accept and love her anyway" and not try to change her or try and forse change etc.. It was a real joy to see him and a thrill to get a chance to speak with him . This post gives me a chance to bring something up . In the temple we were at the bathroom was filthy , I had to use the bathroom and I was in line after a Lama and I went in amnd the toilet seat was covered in urin and the floor was disgusting , and it made me wonder about the nature of enlightenment . What ever happened to proper head and shoulders and ummm cleanliness ???? Is there some reason there would be a filthy temple ? Im not enlightened and I seemed to be the only person who noticed :toilet: :jedi Anyhow I can only wish him the very best I wish I could live long enough to see the phenominal person and Lama he will age into in future years , Yeshe
YesheDron'May
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby YesheDron'May » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 am

Tenzin1 wrote:Good for him for giving the world a reality check about what the monastic system is really like. Namkhai Norbu's son says in the film "My Reincarnation" that the reason his father refused to send him to a monastery was because of all the abuse his father suffered as a child. A Western tulku says in Gesar Mukpo's film, "Tulku" that the monasteries are "cesspools" of hate, jealousy, violence and child abuse. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. These are medieval institutions run by medieval minds. Reform is long overdue, and children have no business living in an institution full of celibate adults. This is a problem not only in the Tibetan monasteries, but in Sri Lanka and Taiwan as well. It's time authorities put compassion into action and perhaps convert the "kiddie program" in the monasteries as day schools rather than boarding schools.


Kalu said that he did not beleave young boys should be allowed to be living in with the older monks and that there should be a rule that they not be allowed to become a monk until they were "older" I don't doubt all this abuse is happening but where are the enlightened Lamas ? Is this why he says that the Lamas who insist on ceramony etc are false Lamas . I think hes just shot a huge canon through the heart of Budhism What part of enlightenment is phyical and sexual abuse ?
YesheDron'May
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby awildeb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 am

gregkavarnos wrote:
awildeb wrote:I am Adele Wilde-Blavatsky...
Sorry to say this Adele but the article you wrote was crap. Not for the viewpoint you espoused, but because you condemn Kalu Rinpoche for not producing any evidence regarding his sexual assault (and attempted murder) yet you provide no substantial evidence whatsoever for your own viewpoint. In the title you say that he may be a "capitalist conman", yet you provide no solid evidence (nor mention anywhere in the article) why you believe this may be the case. I think the term character assassination may be quite apt as a description of the nature of this article and I am surprised that nobody has slapped you with a law suit yet. As for the site you chose to publish your article on, I like how it asked me for money the second time I tried to open the article and reread it. Nice!
:namaste:


Your saying my article is 'crap' doesn't offend me. However, that's not an argument, more an emotional insult. If that's the effect that Buddhism and your root lama has had on your mind then I feel sorry for you.

As for being 'slapped with a lawsuit', I say go ahead sue me. There is nothing in the article I am not willing to defend in a court. I have never accused Kalu Rinpoche of lying or being a fraud either. That's just your kneejerk reaction/projection to the title. The title was my idea, not the editors, but it was representative of the subject of the whole article, which is not just about Kalu Rinpoche, but about spiritual teachers in general who display apparently dubious conduct, ethics etc. and what advice students can follow in such a situation. It wasn't just about Kalu's allegations either but about his conduct and posts on social media as well.

Read my article again carefully before you start flinging untrue accusations at me too. I don't have expensive lawyers to take you to court but if I did, I wouldn't, so don't worry :) Don't forget that it was published by the Elephant Journal (a widely read and respected journal) who have high editorial standards and policies. That's why they charge people who want to read more than 5 of their articles in one day, a very generous policy if you ask me.

Why do you seek to limit my freedom of speech in any case? What are you so fearful of? That someone might agree with me and question the motivation and conduct of your teacher as well? That's called freedom of expression my friend. Something many people have fought long and hard for.

It is extraordinarily naïve for you (and Kalu Rinpoche) to think that him making a public accusation of sexual abuse on Youtube is not going to register some disagreement and upset on all sides. Ironically, I am one of the few people who is taking his allegations VERY seriously. Which is I why I think he owes it to himself, his students, other monks at his monastery and so son, to be more specific and back it up with evidence. Otherwise, why did he go public with it? As an ex-lawyer, I also strongly believe in the principle, innocent until proven guilty. The accused do deserve and should be able to demand a right to respond and defend themselves as well. If you had been accused of such a thing on Youtube, wouldn't you seek to defend yourself? Whether or not the accuser is wealthy, powerful and a Tibetan lama. This is what justice is about, all are equal before the eyes of the law. It does't matter whether you accept his word on faith or not. That's not just or fair, sorry. That's not calling anyone a liar, just demanding justice for all.

Let's not forget his is not just the accused who have been put on public trial without a defence, this is an allegation has put the Tibetan monastic system itself on trial without a defence too, watch Kalu Rinpoche's video again, for his comments about the tulku system etc. The responses on social media and internet by westerners stating that the Tibetan monastic system is as bad as the Catholic Church etc. are outrageous and potentially slanderous too. Where are the public statements from the Dalai Lama, the 17th Karmapa, Tai Situ Rinpoche etc. on Kalu's allegations? Isn't their silence saying something? Why are you not demanding that they respond/support Kalu? Could it be because they don't agree with his Youtube method of dealing with this either?
Buddhism is not a cult based on blind faith, your comments make it sound like one. Please don't for all our sakes.
awildeb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 am

Re: Kalu Rinpoche shocking news!

Postby Nemo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 am

Having read the article he sounds very young. Talking about living a good life by chasing money and saying "Samsara is beautiful". Doesn't he have any older wiser friends?

I can say he will think completely differently when he is 40. I have no idea about his credentials but are you sure he is the right Tulku?
User avatar
Nemo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Kagyu

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

>