ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

dakini_boi

ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by dakini_boi »

At the end of the retreat this morning, Rinpoche mentioned there would be a Dorje Drolo retreat soon. He said it wouldn't be open, but would be on webcast - does that mean that DC members will be able to attend through webcast? Anyone have any more info on when it will be? Thank you.
Pero

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by Pero »

dakini_boi wrote:At the end of the retreat this morning, Rinpoche mentioned there would be a Dorje Drolo retreat soon. He said it wouldn't be open, but would be on webcast - does that mean that DC members will be able to attend through webcast? Anyone have any more info on when it will be? Thank you.
The next retreat is from the 3rd till the 7th of February. You could've posted this in the DC thread. :tongue:
edit: Yes, closed webcast, you need username and password to listen.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:At the end of the retreat this morning, Rinpoche mentioned there would be a Dorje Drolo retreat soon. He said it wouldn't be open, but would be on webcast - does that mean that DC members will be able to attend through webcast? Anyone have any more info on when it will be? Thank you.

Correct, that means if you are a member of the DC you can log in to the webcast page using you pre-assigned user name and password.

N
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Thank you. Do you have the schedule?
arsent

Post by arsent »

It looks like it will be very rare empowerment for a powerful practice. Here quote from another's linger website http://www.tersar.org/?p=1110
Dorje Drolo is one of the most of powerful emanations of Guru Rinpoche in the most wrathful form. In the Nyingma tradition this practice is only given as the final accomplishment practice of the secret vajrayana. Those who undertake a Dorje Drolo retreat the results, which are immediate and final, will understand the strictness of his command. Most of the time, one comes out of the retreat either blessed or realized or mentally unbalanced...
florin

Post by florin »

Can someone say a little bit more about the commitments associated with this transmission of Dorje Drollo?

Cheers
Pero

Post by Pero »

dakini_boi wrote:Thank you. Do you have the schedule?
No but through my clairvoyance I can tell you that on Friday it will start at 4pm local time till 6pm. Then on the following days it will be from 10am till 12pm local time. :D
Most of the time, one comes out of the retreat either blessed or realized or mentally unbalanced..
I really doubt this. Anyone else heard the same elsewhere?
Alpha wrote: Can someone say a little bit more about the commitments associated with this transmission of Dorje Drollo?
Well I'm pretty sure it'll be alright to listen to the first day when Rinpoche will give an introduction to this so maybe he will say something about it then. There's no guarantee that there will be an empowerment in webcast too BTW, he hasn't said anything about it. Perhaps he will just give lung for us. We will have to wait for the schedule to be released.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Good Morning,

Does anyone know which Terma cycle this Drolo transmission comes from? Longsal?

s.
s.
Pero

Post by Pero »

samdrup wrote:Good Morning,

Does anyone know which Terma cycle this Drolo transmission comes from? Longsal?
Terma of Adzam Drugpa.
- Shabkar
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I thought that was the most likely, if not Longsal,

Many thanks.
s.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:
Yup.

Drollo practice can cause lots of obstacles.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:
Yup.

Wow... But why is that? I thought Drollo was for clearing obstacles.
- Shabkar
florin

Post by florin »

yeah.... this is quite intriguing.
it seems to be quite risky....
Pero

Post by Pero »

Pero wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:
Yup.

Namdrol? (or someone)
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:
Yup.

It is a little complicated. But the long and short of it is is that it is the most wrathful practice there is. If your view is very stable, then there is no problem, but if not. Drollos name is "krodha lokottara" i.e. "transcendent wrath" -- gro wo lod is a corruption of that.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:
Namdrol wrote: Yup.

It is a little complicated. But the long and short of it is is that it is the most wrathful practice there is.
I heard ChNN telling it so ... but I can't remember the terms.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:It is a little complicated. But the long and short of it is is that it is the most wrathful practice there is. If your view is very stable, then there is no problem, but if not. Drollos name is "krodha lokottara" i.e. "transcendent wrath" -- gro wo lod is a corruption of that.
I see, thanks.
- Shabkar
AilurusFulgens

Post by AilurusFulgens »

Namdrol wrote:It is a little complicated. But the long and short of it is is that it is the most wrathful practice there is. If your view is very stable, then there is no problem, but if not. Drollos name is "krodha lokottara" i.e. "transcendent wrath" -- gro wo lod is a corruption of that.
If you can talk about this in an open forum, may I then ask what exactly are the negative side-effects of the Dorje Drollo practice specifically i.e. in case something goes wrong?

What exactly would be the benefits if you do everything correctly? What precisely does the Dorje Drollo practice do - aside from the very general statement that it clears the obstacles?

Is the Dorje Drollo the most wrathful practice in all of Vajrayana or is this just valid for the Nyingma school?

A. Fulgens
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

AilurusFulgens wrote:
If you can talk about this in an open forum, may I then ask what exactly are the negative side-effects of the Dorje Drollo practice specifically i.e. in case something goes wrong?

What exactly would be the benefits if you do everything correctly? What precisely does the Dorje Drollo practice do - aside from the very general statement that it clears the obstacles?

Is the Dorje Drollo the most wrathful practice in all of Vajrayana or is this just valid for the Nyingma school?

A. Fulgens
One becomes a rudra much more rapidly than other practices. It is a dangerous practice for one's ego.

The guardians of Drollo are the worldly eight classes, in general.

There is nothing more wrathful in any school.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Namdrol wrote: It is a little complicated. But the long and short of it is is that it is the most wrathful practice there is. If your view is very stable, then there is no problem, but if not. Drollos name is "krodha lokottara" i.e. "transcendent wrath" -- gro wo lod is a corruption of that.
I thought gro wo lod was Tibetan - like gro meaning something like crazy or impulsive or something. It's really just a corruption of the Sanskrit?

Return to “Dzogchen”