Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

padma norbu

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Wow, the webcast replay site is severely out of date.

Yeah, it's new. The old one no longer exists at all, apparently, but the NEW one is severely out of date.

Replays from August and September?

I was hoping to catch up on what I missed this weekend because it sounded like an interesting topic. They should just put everything on Ustream like Yeshi does.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Pero

Post by Pero »

padma norbu wrote:Wow, the webcast replay site is severely out of date.

Yeah, it's new. The old one no longer exists at all, apparently, but the NEW one is severely out of date.
The old one exists.
Replays from August and September?
The replay site has the newer ones.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

pensum wrote: there is a booklet, it's called Drajyor and looks to be available at http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... etail&p=15
That's it! Now I have to find it as it's somewhere in my book collection. :thumbsup:
Ugh, unforunately I don't think it helped much....still unsure on the pronunciation.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Pero wrote: The old one exists. The replay site has the newer ones.
Link, please? The old website has a link to a broken freezecast page which gives an error message and nothing else.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

padma norbu wrote:Link, please?
Go here and log in.

Regards,
Pero

Post by Pero »

padma norbu wrote:
Pero wrote: The old one exists. The replay site has the newer ones.
Link, please? The old website has a link to a broken freezecast page which gives an error message and nothing else.
You have to copy the link to the VLC player when the webcast is on.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

I have always had a difficult time with Freezecast. It rarely allows me to log in and once I'm in it is really hit or miss on whether or not it will play anything.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Thank you, Tara and Pero!
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Any idea if Rinpoche will give any transmissions at the ganapuja is afternoon? Or does he generally save those for the final day?
Josef

Post by Josef »

JinpaRangdrol wrote:Any idea if Rinpoche will give any transmissions at the ganapuja is afternoon? Or does he generally save those for the final day?
Doing the practice with Rinpoche is a pretty excellent opportunity for transmissions.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Tara, it wont let me log in with my regular login...do I need something else?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

Fa Dao wrote:Tara, it wont let me log in with my regular login...do I need something else?
Me neither Fa.
If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it as well. I have been having trouble with freezecast ever since I first got my login info years ago.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Fa Dao wrote:Tara, it wont let me log in with my regular login...do I need something else?
no, I just tried, and it works even with an old logon (subscription was not paid on that one) ... write them, it's the only solution I guess.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Nangwa wrote:
Me neither Fa.
If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it as well. I have been having trouble with freezecast ever since I first got my login info years ago.

Hi Fa Dao and Nangwa,

I have no clue as to why you cannot log in. My suggestion is to email the webcast team and let them know you are unable to log in. Sorry for not being more helpful.

Regards,
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Nangwa wrote:
Me neither Fa.
Clear cookies, then try a different browser, then try a different computer, then email the team.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Pero

Post by Pero »

That's odd, I've never had problems with logging in the replay site. :shrug:
- Shabkar
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Can somebody list all of the Lungs Rinpoche is giving right now? In order? Many thanks!
Pero

Post by Pero »

Why do you want them in order?
- Shabkar
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Because I think I missed some at the beginning. I joined in during the Lung right before the Naga Puja. I think I have most of them figured out, so maybe having them in order isn't so important. Thanks!
Pero

Post by Pero »

Well I asked because I can only go from my memory and so I have no idea about the order hehe. The first one though I think was Green Tara. He also gave Avalokiteshvara Korva Tongtrug, Purification of 6 lokas, Amitayus, Mandarava, Chod, Vajrapani, Medicine Buddha, four mantras for strengthening life, body, capacity and fortune; Dorjei Kotrab, mantra for changing bad dates into good ones, Garuda, Marme monlam, Sang, Serkyem, Lungta, Namkha. Don't remember any others. edit: Essential practice of Gomadevi.
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”