A third candidate

Grigoris
Former staff member

A third candidate

Post by Grigoris »

HIS HOLINESS THE 17TH GYALWA KARMAPA DAWA SANGPO DORJE
HIS HOLINESS THE 17TH GYALWA KARMAPA DAWA SANGPO DORJE.jpg
HIS HOLINESS THE 17TH GYALWA KARMAPA DAWA SANGPO DORJE.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 10032 times
The Enthronement Ceremony of His Holiness 17th Karmapa Dawa Sangpo Dorjee.

The sign of His Holiness Birth :

His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorjee was born to a poor Sherpa family, in Mangan, North Sikkim, on 30th May 1977.
The birthing in itself was an unusual event. The birth was painless and spontaneous and unbeknown to the neighbours, until the 3rd day, at the function for the naming ceremony, which fell on ”Saga Dawa” (Full moon day and also believed by the Buddhist believers an very auspicious day that sayd also a triple auspicious day), hence the name Dawa Sangpo Dorjee.
The meaning of Sangpo is Pureness, like the water that falls from the mountain clear and pure.
The baby was born within 3 layers of wrappings of membranes which looked like the olden days ‘cotton khada’.
As a newborn, he was unrecognizable as a human form until he opened his right eye to look at his mother.
His Holiness the right eye is bigger than the left one, even today.
The early childhood years of His Holiness:-
His Holiness would only suckle from his mother’s left breast, vehemently refusing the right side.
He started talking at 9th month but his first reference to Rumtek monastery was when he was 2 years 5 months old. One of the earliest memories was of Vajra Guru (the personal servant of His Holiness the 16th Karmapa)and His Holiness was always wistful of an earlier life, about his motor vehicles whenever he saw any vehicles on the road, and the good cutleries/crockery’s( because the mother served him on aluminum utensils). His Holiness never stopped talking about His Holiness Rumtek Monastery.
At age of five years,the parents of His Holiness took him to Ven. Lachung Rinpoche ,to whom he nonchalantly declared that Rumtek Gumpa belongs to His Holiness. The parents were advised to trick him into saying he was being taken to Kalimpong but instead take him to Rumtek Gumpa. The father and son (first time visit ) made the trip but the father was amazed when the child declared that the Gumpa has the same design as his Rumtek Gumpa. On entering the premises, the father was more amazed when His Holiness pointed out His Holines throne and excitedly ran around as if His Holiness was very familiar with the place.
Some years later, he was presented to His Excellence Jamyang Kongtrul Rinpoche at Rumtek Gumpa. At the time, he was asked to point out the bedroom of His Holiness 16th Karmapa, which His Holiness correctly identified without any hesitation: then His Holiness was made to identify personal items of His Holiness the 16th Karmapa and His Holiness had successfully identified 4 out of 6 of the items. Subsequently His Excellent asked the parents to bring His Holiness back at certain intervals for proper guidance, teaching while His Excellent Jamyang Kongtrul Rimpoche needed time to discuss with the other 3 Regents of His Holiness the 16th Karmapa. The parents were ignorant and did not follow the advice.
Around the age of about 11-12 years, His Holiness was forcefully taken by some Tibetan men ( most of those men are dead now) to the Sakya Monastery in Darjeeling. Hi Holiness excelled in his Buddhist studies under the guidance of the Sakya teachers, hence His Holiness connection with the Sakya sect of Buddhism.

Karmapas are well known to declare themselves before even anyone else recognizes them , that is an inherent feature on tends to overlook.

Young adult years of His Holiness:-

In 1992, His Holiness was sent to Lumbini, Nepal, for “Sakya Monlam”. While there, His Holiness heard for the first time about Karmapa Ugyen Thinley and that stressed His Holiness, so he ran away from there and somehow arrived in Gangtok to His Holiness parents, who were even more surprised that His Holiness tracked them down at all because they were always moving house. Subsequently His Holiness tried several times to meet with His Holiness the14th Dalai Lama to bring the issue of the Karmapa but without any success every time His Holiness tried.
Then, the ultimate insult for His Holiness was the untimely, violent demise of His Excellent Jamyang Kongtrul Rinpoche, His Holiness only solid hope vanished.
This misfortune spelt the end of furthering the issue of His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorjee as the 17th Karmapa by a legal guardian of the Karma Kagyu sect of Buddhism. However, he pursued the issue on His Holiness own with the help of some genuine devotees who believed in His Holiness and claims because, they have personal first hand experience of His Holiness divine powers and the miracles they have witnessed.
Many have experienced or witnessed certain events/miracles relating to His Holiness but cannot openly declare or come forward with the information for whatever reason.

Interview with His Holiness:

1. Why Your Holiness was born before the Parinirvana of the 16th Karmapa?
His Holiness says ‘I am Madhey Tulku’ , meaning “ Birth before the demise of HH 16th Karmapa’-it
Is a rare occurrence but a factual happening in Tibetan Bhuddism.
2. Why Your Holiness was born poor in this life?
So that all human being may be able to visit His Holiness and receive blessings without any obstruction (as is usual when surrounded by the management )
3. Why Your Holiness was born into the Sherpa community?
Because this community is looked down upon and also to bring about the conscience of the lot into the fold of Buddhist teachings as they are rather ignorant about their religion
4. Why Your Holiness suckle only the left breast and adamantly refuse the right side as a newborn?
The reason is that the right hand is the one always committing the sins
The Regent, His Excellence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, of His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Dawa Sangpo Dorje, died in an so called car accident speeding at 80 km/hr, which is very strange in Sikkim where the road is only possible to drive till 30 km/hr, before he could nominate His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorje as the incarnation of the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa.

His Holiness the 17th Karmapa declares his Regent was killed due to political and racial reasons by the Tibetans to enable him to carry the Black Hat which is situated inside the Rumtek monastery.
His Excellence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche had already nominated previous incarnations of the 14th and the 16th Karmapa.
In the year of His Holiness Enthronement the 17th Karmapa Dawa Sangpo Dorje made a speech in front of ten thousand of people claiming that His Holiness was the only true 17th Karmapa and accused all the other Karmapa to be accomplice and liars.
These so called “Karmapas” are challenged officially to do a spiritual test all three "Karmapas" come together in one place under supervision from a very high Rinpoche which He must be neutral about the situation and not affected by any kind of political distress, and then recognise and reveal to the world who is the true genuine 17th Karmapa.

People of the world which have faith in Gautama Buddha and Guru Padmashambhava they need to know the truth and only the truth since we are living in politically and environmentally instable situation we need to know who is the Karmapa

Since Karmapa is believed to be the emancipation of Guru Padmasambhava and the highest incarnated Rinpoche of Tibetan Buddhism,and the first great Rinpoche to have accepted incarnation from starting from the 8Th Karmapa, since the 8th Karmpa had a vision from Maitreya Buddha that there would be more incarnations of Karmapas because people are suffering and in conflict each other and they need spiritual leader and His Holiness blessings so the Karmapa is an example of discipline, love, compassion, peace, meditation and spiritual power like no one else!
Waiting for his official return to Rumtek His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorje resides in his Monastery in South Sikkim.
Everyday His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorje receives hundreds of faithful pilgrims and His Holiness blesses them as well relieves them from all pain and suffering.

In 2003 His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Dawa Sangpo Dorje visited officially Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal and His Holiness gave long life Initiation to over four thousand people in the main Sherpa monastery in Bouddhanath.
His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorje explained to all Buddhist leaders in Nepal that He was the real and unique 17th Karmapa and it has been recognised and made public by the media to the Nepalese population of 28 million people.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lingpupa

Re: A third candidate

Post by Lingpupa »

Well whaddya know! I've heard there are yet more.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Since Karmapa XVI died in the U.S., you would expect an American to come forward next as the real incarnation.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

His Holiness Dawa Sangpo Dorje explained to all Buddhist leaders in Nepal that He was the real and unique 17th Karmapa and it has been recognised and made public by the media to the Nepalese population of 28 million people.
Well, that's a new tactic as well--recognition by the media! :twothumbsup:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Does Maury Povich have a test for this? (apropos of "national television")
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

If you're not careful I'll recommend all of you as candidates!
:namaste:

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Kilaya

Post by Kilaya »

gregkavarnos wrote:
His Holiness would only suckle from his mother’s left breast, vehemently refusing the right side.
I stand convinced.
Josef

Post by Josef »

I guess it's about time I came out and announced that I'm the American candidate.
Get over here and prostrate suckas.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

I am accepting donations as well.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nangwa wrote:I guess it's about time I came out and announced that I'm the American candidate.
Get over here and prostrate suckas.
Ohhhhhh dear, looks like we are gonna have to resize the hat then and get a ladder for the throne!

Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Open these jobs to females - and extend the electorate to those in all realms, such as Gnus.

They could also rotate the position - I favour the whirling Sufi dervish dance. ;)
Left
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Hm. has anyone considered the possibility of a Katmapa?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I'm sure we are all accumulating much negative karma through this thread...

catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

You can dodge the karma, i think, by thinking this way: May each of the three candidates be well, happy and free from suffering.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

catmoon wrote:You can dodge the karma, i think, by thinking this way: May each of the three candidates be well, happy and free from suffering.
Just this. The truth will out. I have devotion to one of them but it's clear to me there's no use in cultivating hostility or animosity or bad juju.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

catmoon wrote:You can dodge the karma, i think, by thinking this way: May each of the three candidates be well, happy and free from suffering.
Four, you forgot the Katmapa.

catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Four, you forgot the Katmapa.
OMGZ I must do prostrations! One...Two.... Prrrrrrr......ZZzzzzzzzz
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

What about the candidate, now aged over 90, who was not merely born before the 16th Karmapa died, but born before the 16th Karmapa was even born? A kind of incarnatory lockstitch?
(Forgive my frivolity.)
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Lingpupa wrote:What about the candidate, now aged over 90, who was not merely born before the 16th Karmapa died, but born before the 16th Karmapa was even born? A kind of incarnatory lockstitch?
(Forgive my frivolity.)
Was he an alternative 16th Karmapa candidate? Or did someone propose him as a 17th Karmapa candidate?

It would be interesting to see what became of the alternative Karmapa candidates throughout history. Karma Chagme had been proposed as a Karmapa candidate for example. Did many of the other candidates in history become great meditators/siddhas as well?

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Kagyu”