Anyone Know Anything About This?

pensum

Re: Anyone Know Anything About This?

Post by pensum »

Sönam wrote:
pensum wrote: ...
i'm a little confused as i am under the impression you are saying that you have closed the site, ...
I did'nt close anything ... Song Park did it.

For the rest I roughly agree with you ... ChNN Often repeat that we have to be responsible for ourselves.

Sönam
Hey, my apologies Sonam, not at all my intention to kill the messenger, nor even maim him.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Mr. G wrote:An issue is that there are students who have sincere questions. Think about the help Namdrol has given here to the questions posed by the community members here. If students could have gotten help elsewhere, they would have done so already. How many times has someone picked up a text that had no corresponding CD or DVD to guide a practice where one was unsure how to pronounce a mantra correctly, or a Tibetan phrase from a practice correctly? Isn't it tough enough to get not just help, but correct information from our fellow vajra brothers and sisters? I can imagine how many emails Rinpoche gets every day over questions that could be answered by senior members. I think a good idea is to have the community set up a universal forum linking up with all the Gars and Gakyils. The members who would administer and moderate the forum would be senior members and SMS certified instructors. Doesn't seem hard to me. If anything, it's the way of the future for our Dzogchen community. There is no other Dzogchen teacher that gives high level teachings on a consistent basis using the technology available today. I think this community should pave the way to how Dharma will be taught in the future.
Anyone have any thoughts on my comments?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

Mr. G wrote:
Mr. G wrote:An issue is that there are students who have sincere questions. Think about the help Namdrol has given here to the questions posed by the community members here. If students could have gotten help elsewhere, they would have done so already. How many times has someone picked up a text that had no corresponding CD or DVD to guide a practice where one was unsure how to pronounce a mantra correctly, or a Tibetan phrase from a practice correctly? Isn't it tough enough to get not just help, but correct information from our fellow vajra brothers and sisters? I can imagine how many emails Rinpoche gets every day over questions that could be answered by senior members. I think a good idea is to have the community set up a universal forum linking up with all the Gars and Gakyils. The members who would administer and moderate the forum would be senior members and SMS certified instructors. Doesn't seem hard to me. If anything, it's the way of the future for our Dzogchen community. There is no other Dzogchen teacher that gives high level teachings on a consistent basis using the technology available today. I think this community should pave the way to how Dharma will be taught in the future.
Anyone have any thoughts on my comments?
I think its a great idea Mr. G.
Rinpoche is always encouraging us to collaborate.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

So does anyone have any idea what the actual problems with Dzogchen World were? The reasons for shutting it down were not at all clear to me in that email.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:So does anyone have any idea what the actual problems with Dzogchen World were? The reasons for shutting it down were not at all clear to me in that email.
I think its just a matter of making sure everything is official and approved.
I also think more folks signed up right away than Song expected.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:So does anyone have any idea what the actual problems with Dzogchen World were? The reasons for shutting it down were not at all clear to me in that email.

They did not get the sign off of the international Gakyil among other issues. There are fairly rigid guidelines about what an official DC website can be.

I don't think that they anticipated social networking, however.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Interesting update Namdrol. Thanks.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

but then you can feel the limit of a structured vertical organization ... this is ours limitations, you can't control the uncontrollable. Could'nt Guru Yoga have been enough?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
florin

Post by florin »

So, for those who run the international dzogchen community is social networking something unacceptable?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:So, for those who run the international dzogchen community is social networking something unacceptable?

No, but putting up websites that represent the community without checking is unacceptable.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

I hope Song gets that issue solved.
That community can be of great help, especially to students who don't have any other DC members around, as it's my case.
If on one hand I can understand that getting approval is important for various reasons, on the other I think Song had a great project there, a project that should be encouraged, not hindered. I just hope this isn't a power struggle between disciples that hasn't anything to do with ChNN. That would be a real turn off.

Return to “Dzogchen”