Anyone Know Anything About This?

MalaBeads

Anyone Know Anything About This?

Post by MalaBeads »

http://www.dzogchenworld.ning.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
mindyourmind

Re: Anyone Know Anything About This?

Post by mindyourmind »

Looks great, will have to spend some time with it.

Thanks for the link.
Dualism is the real root of our suffering and all of our conflicts.

Namkhai Norbu
Pero

Post by Pero »

This is a social network for all who are interested and following Dzogchen teachings by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu and Kyentse Yeshi Namkhai
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

cool.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

it sounds great ... thanks

Many heads we already know

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

great :twothumbsup:
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Can someone verify they know the owner of this site, or at least confirm this site is fine? There's a lot of personal questions that are asked upon registration.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

I got an email from the Dzogchen Community a month or so ago saying that there was an online discussion forum. I didn't really bother to read the email, but I'm assuming this isn't it because the rest of you probably got that email as well.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

padma norbu wrote:I got an email from the Dzogchen Community a month or so ago saying that there was an online discussion forum. I didn't really bother to read the email, but I'm assuming this isn't it because the rest of you probably got that email as well.
Hmmm...perhaps it got dumped in my spam folder..ugh.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Mr. G wrote:
padma norbu wrote:I got an email from the Dzogchen Community a month or so ago saying that there was an online discussion forum. I didn't really bother to read the email, but I'm assuming this isn't it because the rest of you probably got that email as well.
Hmmm...perhaps it got dumped in my spam folder..ugh.
I just went through that inbox. Looks like that forum is tied right into tsegyalgar.org, so I don't think it's the same thing. I didn't know my user and password to get in, though, so I couldn't check it out.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mr. G wrote:Can someone verify they know the owner of this site, or at least confirm this site is fine? There's a lot of personal questions that are asked upon registration.

I think it was set up by Song Park. He is the first registered user.

I know him pretty well, He is a good guy.

N
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Namdrol wrote:
Mr. G wrote:Can someone verify they know the owner of this site, or at least confirm this site is fine? There's a lot of personal questions that are asked upon registration.

N
Thanks Namdrol...wasn't sure if I was going to start receiving Nigerian email spam. :lol: I feel safer registering now.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:

Yup.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

I think that community was a great idea. :smile:
Norbunet on steroids, yay! :lol:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

A message to all members of Dzogchen World

Dear members of Dzogchen World!

For a few years now I had a dream of having unified platform for all members and newcomers of DC, where we can network, collaborate, share, exchange and easily find information about activities of our International DC. I realized that idea in the form of Dzogchen World, where you are members now. Basically it is similar to Face book, but more specialized and attuned to the needs of this network.

It was planned as a pilot project, with only few members for testing it. Then I wanted to present it to our Masters for approval and authorization or at least permission to proceed with that project.

For some unexpected reason the things went in a different way and this "pilot" became too big to manage in a perfect way. From one side it showed me that there are great potentiality and benefits for all DC members and for all activities run by DC, SSI and ASIA. At the same time it showed up the problems I didn't considered in this pilot project.

At this point, based on situation and advises I had received from people who are responsible and have broader knowledge of proper ways establishing DC sites, I decided to close this platform, before definitively clarifying that it is done in perfectly correct way, that is correspond to the principles of DC and is approved by our Precious Masters.

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience it might caused for you and hope for your understanding. And I still am sure that this network is a good idea and services that are useful and helpful to our DC. I received many “thank you” letters that expressed that and I am grateful for it. I hope we can have something like this in a future, whether in form of this network or in some other ways.

Sincerely yours,

Song

PS: if you have any ideas, propositions or comments you can write me on my email [email protected]

Visit Dzogchen World at: http://dzogchenworld.ning.com/?xg_sourc ... es_network
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Sönam wrote:
At this point, based on situation and advises I had received from people who are responsible and have broader knowledge of proper ways establishing DC sites, I decided to close this platform, before definitively clarifying that it is done in perfectly correct way, that is correspond to the principles of DC and is approved by our Precious Masters.
So I take it these people who have broader knowledge have setup a forum for Dzogchen community members that's active where people can get questions answered? Where is it?
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Culture is diverse in the DC ...

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
pensum

Post by pensum »

Sönam wrote:A message to all members of Dzogchen World

i'm a little confused as i am under the impression you are saying that you have closed the site, and yet a link is provided to the site which as i write is still there. but even more confusing, and more than a little disturbing, is this "perfectly correct way that corresponds to the principles of DC." If anyone was to wait for the "perfectly correct way" we wouldn't even have the wheel yet. And so much for democracy, openness and diversity. Are we to imply that "people who are responsible and have broader knowledge of proper ways establishing DC sites" are also strong supporters of SOPA and lean hard right in their politics? Sweet contradiction that today ChNN starts teaching on the Zhenpa Zhidral. :rolling:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

pensum wrote: ...
i'm a little confused as i am under the impression you are saying that you have closed the site, ...
I did'nt close anything ... Song Park did it.

For the rest I roughly agree with you ... ChNN Often repeat that we have to be responsible for ourselves.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

An issue is that there are students who have sincere questions. Think about the help Namdrol has given here to the questions posed by the community members here. If students could have gotten help elsewhere, they would have done so already. How many times has someone picked up a text that had no corresponding CD or DVD to guide a practice where one was unsure how to pronounce a mantra correctly, or a Tibetan phrase from a practice correctly? Isn't it tough enough to get not just help, but correct information from our fellow vajra brothers and sisters? I can imagine how many emails Rinpoche gets every day over questions that could be answered by senior members. I think a good idea is to have the community set up a universal forum linking up with all the Gars and Gakyils. The members who would administer and moderate the forum would be senior members and SMS certified instructors. Doesn't seem hard to me. If anything, it's the way of the future for our Dzogchen community. There is no other Dzogchen teacher that gives high level teachings on a consistent basis using the technology available today. I think this community should pave the way to how Dharma will be taught in the future.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Dzogchen”