A simple breathing practice by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
phantom59

A simple breathing practice by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Post by phantom59 »

It is much easier to clear negative thought patterns using the breath than it is using the mind alone. For example, how do you experience a lack of confidence? First you may think to yourself, “Oh, I want to do that!” Then a second thought arises: “I might not be able to do it — I can’t!” Just thinking about your lack of confidence is unlikely to change it. So in that moment, rather than criticizing and judging the second thought that lacks confidence, simply be aware of it. Host that thought in the stillness, silence, and spaciousness. Then, take a deep breath, and as you breathe out, release that thought. It’s like seeing junk mail in your inbox and pressing the delete button; breathing out is like pressing "delete." Right after the exhalation, you will discover a new space within you. That new space is a source of confidence that you can then cultivate.

— Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, explaining the role of wind, or prana, in the practice of the Nine Breathings of Purification

Geshe Tenzin Drukdak and Geshe Denma at my home, demonstrating use of drum, bell, cymbal and conch for Invocation of Yeshe Walmo
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150580094419610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Bön”