Greetings from the San Fransisco Bay Area

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Distorted

Greetings from the San Fransisco Bay Area

Post by Distorted »

Hello, I am interested in the middle way. I am on here to learn and hopefully figure out the right place for me to go.
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
rose
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from the San Fransisco Bay Area

Post by rose »

Hi Distorted, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

Thank You Tara :mrgreen:
"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

David N. Snyder wrote::hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

:hi:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Hi Distorted, I recommend you look into meeting Anam Thubten, who has a center in Richmond CA, and is quite a remarkable teacher. Here is a link to the website: http://dharmata.org/

Also, in Santa Cruz area there is Lama Tharchin --who is a great Dharma teacher, at the Vajrayana Foundation http://www.vajrayana.org/
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

Adamantine wrote:Hi Distorted, I recommend you look into meeting Anam Thubten, who has a center in Richmond CA, and is quite a remarkable teacher. Here is a link to the website: http://dharmata.org/

Also, in Santa Cruz area there is Lama Tharchin --who is a great Dharma teacher, at the Vajrayana Foundation http://www.vajrayana.org/
Thank you for the info Adamntine. I went to the Vajrayana foundation recently. It was excellent and had a nice steep hike that brings you to a Stupa.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Lama Lodru Rinpoche is at KDK in San Francisco, on the panhandle, if you're interested in checking out Tibetan Kagyu centers.

http://www.kdk.org
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

So many good Dharma opportunities in your part of the world. Here is one that gets less attention, but is still very much worth keeping on your radar:

http://www.caltendai.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

Thank you for all the continuing responses. It is much appreciated.
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

I think I should post some of my questions in here I think rather making a whole new thread scattered in Dharma Wheel.

I have nothing to ask but wanted to share this video.

phpBB [video]
do_not_zzz

Post by do_not_zzz »

Distortion,

Welcome to DW! Looking forward to your posts. And I must say, that I'm truly jealous you have so many opportunities in regards to your choice of Dharma teachings and centers, as I currently live in a fairly rural community. :)

dnz

Return to “Introductions”